Tar-21 hop up unit.

Aaron180
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a tavor for a while now but have been experiencing a few issues with the hop up (or at least it appears to be the hop). It just wont settle. It seems to be over sensative, either firing way too high or as though the hop up is off completely. I'm looking at replacing the hop, which I assume is a standard m4 hop (?). If anyone has any information on what hops will fit the tavor / knowledge on the issue, any advice would be great.

• 3 weeks later...
I've had a tavor for a while now but have been experiencing a few issues with the hop up (or at least it appears to be the hop). It just wont settle. It seems to be over sensative, either firing way too high or as though the hop up is off completely. I'm looking at replacing the hop, which I assume is a standard m4 hop (?). If anyone has any information on what hops will fit the tavor / knowledge on the issue, any advice would be great.

I believe that the tar 21 has a unique hop up so you can not replace the hop only the hop rubber but that should increase range/accuracy. Just to let you know the Tar-21 is one of the hardest AEG's to get to the hop as it is attatched to the gearbox so I would take it to a tech and see what they can do.

• 11 months later...
I believe that the tar 21 has a unique hop up so you can not replace the hop only the hop rubber but that should increase range/accuracy. Just to let you know the Tar-21 is one of the hardest AEG's to get to the hop as it is attatched to the gearbox so I would take it to a tech and see what they can do.

Yeh, I have a tavor and experienced exactly the same issues with it. I replaced the hop rubber with a standard tm hop rubber (for an m4) and the problem was solved. And the hop up is indeed difficult to access, but you don't need to remove it from the gearbox. Ares' website have an exploded diagram that should help you with disassembly. But if you're not sure about it do as Aron says, leave it to a tech.

Archived