LCT AS Val

ceferistul

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone,

I am considering going for an LCT as val and I was wondering if anybody has one. There are a lot of reviews on youtube and the web but most of them are first impression ones. I am interested to hear a long-time owner's opinion. How it fares over time, say 1 year, is the build quality good enough that it doesn t start to rattle after 10 games and so on. If anybody has one, i'd be grateful if they shared their experience. Therre is also the russian NPO replica, but that's way too expensive :)

This is bread and butter stuff to the guys on the Russian groups.

Main item of feedback is that the battery space is very very small.

Said to be very solid though.

My mate has one it's very well built. It's a bit of a pain putting a battery in and finding mid caps was a hard at the time. Dunno if anywhere has them in stock in the UK now but he got his from Romania or Bulgaria. I've had a shot of it and IMO the trigger feels sharp around the side but apart from that it's excellent. His fires around 290fps but has great range out the box. He's had his just over a year and never had a problem with internals as far as I'm aware.

You should buy it.

While I'm not a long term owner, I'll offer my input anyway. I myself have recently picked up LCT's SR-3M, and while it's not exactly the same as the AS VAL, I gather that apart from the integrated silencer, the internal workings and outer build quality are pretty much identical. Is the SR-3M what you're referring to with NPO?

I'd say battery space is the only downside to these guns (both AS VAL and SR-3M). The AS VAL needs a two part li-po I believe, which slots with side of the silencer, so that isn't too bad, but the SR-3M has practically no space and I've resorted to cable-tying one where the forward grip should go. Get past that, and they're solid. Everything is steel apart from the grips, and those are high quality ABS. They feel solid, with no creaking, and I don't think anything's going to come loose any time soon. My SR-3M shoots like a laser too, so I can only imagine that the longer barreled AS VAL would be the same if not better.

Fire-Support has plenty of magazines in stock at the moment, 50 round mid caps and 250 round high caps, available in both black and brown :)

• Supporters

Hi again :)

I see your after the AS VAL made by LCT well here it is for sale in a UK shop near where you live (shop is in Romford) and i know it is in stock for a fact as i have seen it there: http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/rifles/electric-aeg/as-val-2015-version-aeg-lct

Everytime i attend Airsoft Zone to purchase stuff the Vintorez always gets my attention first especially as the one they have on display has the wooden stock :o, a couple of the staff mambers field all Russian gear and so partially own the LCT stuff, if you ever go to have a look speak to Nathan as he loves LCT stuff. From my first impressions though the AEG is built like a TANK! All the LCT stuff feels like the Systema PTW equivalent for AK type weapons, the feel, built quality, weight everything seems perfect and they sound like they have been well built when they shoot.

Alas Russian load out is not me, i am all NATO i'm afraid.

Also as a side note if you get your UKARA with Dragons Lair they will give you a 5% discount and anything in the store!

thanks everyone for the input! i'm less concerned about the internals as i'm going to get it upgraded straight away (mosfet, strenghtened gearbox, 11.1v battery, a 6.05 PDI inner barrel, rhop, deans connectors etc.). I'm looking for a strong exterior build because i'm a more hands on player, i like to run and crawl through bushes so ill need a sturdy frame for my AEG. For my first game in this country (17th of april) i got together about 20 guys, we're going to rent for now, spoke to ppl in bush valley and dragon's lair and now i have to decide :)

I have one and I love it. The battery space thing isnt that big an issue for the AS VAL, I run an AK stick Lipo in mine FFS. SR3M will be a different issue. In terms of build quality on the exterior they are tank like. Internally I find LCT hop ups to be disappointing so replaced mine with a steel Lonex one and G&G Green Hop Rubber with PDI barrel. Now shoots 55m+ easily. Lovely gun and certainly attracts attention. Loads of mags at Fire Support. I run 8 Mid Caps. Only thing with the replacement of the plastic hop unit its that it has more flex in it to allow mags to go in the steel one doesnt have this, so what you need to do is fit the hop unit but not tighten it down, put a mag in so that the hop unit is aligned properly, then tighten it down. My mags also need the lips filing slightly.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.