3M Peltor Comtac XP advice needed

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, I just bought a pair of these sexy Comtac head...er...headset type thing! just wondering what mic and PTT I need to get? I've heard that the cheapo ones don't work with it! It has a 2 in input on the back but nithing else.

Sorry it would depend on what headset you have, Most come with a microphone. Do you have the ear defenders version with an audio jack for playing music etc ?

You can do a normal radio setup using a Fist mic with an auxillary line and buy a comtac connector cable. This allows you to have it without the boom mic but still gives you the hearing protection and headset function. The fist mic acts as the Ptt.

I may be wrong but anyone who has this setup feel free to correct me

Sorry it would depend on what headset you have, Most come with a microphone. Do you have the ear defenders version with an audio jack for playing music etc ?

I have the Peltor Comtac Xp, from what I've been led to believe you attach a boom mic to via the 2 pin jack at the rear then somehow that connects to a PTT (Which needs to be the 3M one I believe), It's a "Real steel" product so I can't see it being a £300 pair of ear defenders lol

Ear defenders as in a headset providing ear protection using ambient noise to provide negative feedback and reducing amount of sound passed through to the ears. It allows a radio input to be played through the input channel.

Not sure you can get a PTT and mic for that version.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.