G&G CM GR15 Raider, CM18 MOD1, CM16 Raider-L - Pros and Cons (My First Rifle)

B.S

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which M4?

• CM16 Raider-L
    • CM18 MOD1
    • GR4 CQB-S MINI

-Chosen the CM18-

So, Here we are again, I've decided to go for a G&G M4 style as my first gun, as There are some Similar variants in use in the British Army, So it would suit my get up better. However, I wasn't sure the version I was looking at was right so I just went through all the G&G M4 style guns and chose the Three I liked the most, So I thought I'd do another Pros and Cons post, It worked very well last time to narrow it down. So, Starting with the original;

CM16 Raider-L

C-16P-RDL.jpg

-Pros

£122

Not anything else in comparison to the others.

-Cons

Out of Stock atm

Short Grip rails, no space for torch

CM18 MOD1

EGC-18P-MD1-BNB-NCM.jpg

-Pros

Desert colours, similar to British service.

Shorter Barrel

Long grip, space for My Table Lamp (Torch)

In Stock

Real Cap mag (Both a Pro and a con, since I'd need more mags, which Will cost more but be cooler)

-Cons

£153

Battery not included

As far as I can see no Sling points, happy to be corrected on that though.

CM GR4 CQB-S MINI

EGR-CQS-MIN-BBB-NCM.jpg

-Pros

Blow Back

Desert colours

Real Cap Mag

Short, Good for CQB

In Stock

-Cons

£170

No Iron sights

No space for Table Lamp (Torch)

No Battery

Links:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=5774

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=268_318&products_id=9133

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=8587

I must admit, the more and more I've been looking at M4s, The More I like them :)

P.S The title's wrong, I changed it to the CQB-S At the last second, forgot to change it.

• Supporters

There is space on all three for a torch.

Stop over thinking it all 3 guns are basically the same inside only differ slightly on the externals.

Just go and buy which ever one catches your eye the most.

At the end of the day all three are so cheap that if you dont like it you sell it and try a different one because you wont lose much in depreciation.

There is space on all three for a torch.

Stop over thinking it all 3 guns are basically the same inside only differ slightly on the externals.

Just go and buy which ever one catches your eye the most.

At the end of the day all three are so cheap that if you dont like it you sell it and try a different one because you wont lose much in depreciation.

Think you may be right... I have been over planning things, maybe I should just get on with it :/

It's really hard to decide between the CQB-S And the CM18 though, because I love the blowback, but I prefer the way the other looks. Your right about the torch, The scale was somewhat lost on me.

P.S Turns out the Blowback is rubbish, not worth it so I'm going with the other, Changing my mind again XD

• Supporters

CM18 is one of my favourites - but as Trigger says - all G&G's are the exact same - just tarty front ends mainly....

Raider - Long, perhaps a bit too long I think at 357

The short version is "supposed" to be 233 but tbh I don't trust G&G's own measure measurements at all lately

Think I'm gonna have measure the short raider coz really think G&G might have got measurements wrong like on ffr a2 barrel specs

The front M4 sight can't be removed - looks like it can but can't is is cast into the outer barrel - if you fit optic or other stuff

Then the front sight might still obscure unless a slightly higher mount - probably won't obscure but it might pi$$ you off a bit

Hacksaw is what some have resorted to - a bit of a drastic bodge imho but to replace outer barrel n stuff is going some for a Raider

The dust cover don't drop down - Oh no, it isn't a proper M4 - bollox my B500A1 drops down but the Raider pi$$es all over the BullDog / Bull$hit gun

So big deal if dust cover down drop down - ffs it is still a great starter gun for £123

CM18 - sexy 2-tone RIF effect

but if buying a 2-tone IF - no it will kill the look of the gun more than say Raider - in effect a 3-tone or something

It just looks so damn wrong - normally I do not scoff or look down on 2-toners at all - we was all in the same boat

BUT - imho you DON'T buy a 2-toned or 3-toned CM18 Mod 0 if you can help it - it just kills the look of it

Soz this is just my opinion - people can do whatever the f*cking like - it is their money & their gun - just it is designed to look black/tan or tan/black

Anyway other pro's con's of the gun.....

Con's - imho

Mag - hmmm G&G mid-caps can be a bit picky and think they should of just included a 300/450 hi-cap instead but still there ya go

So you need a speed loader to fill the mag - G&G think about it and maybe consider chucking a loader in or a f*cking hi-cap so people can just use it

Front flash hider - hmm bit G36-ish and the screw on suppressor type - woohoo, well some of the suppressor's I had don't fit on that great

but that is probably coz I only got cheap $hit quality made in china ones - sod it fit a normal suppressor of another flash hider instead

Pro's - imho

Flip - well actually folding sights - and they are very nice looking ones too as fitted to FireHawk

Perfect already to slap on optics etc.... but good iron sights on their own - £27 to buy these sights btw

Nice black/tan or tan/black colour - stands out from other guns in that range

The RIS though plastic looks like an expensive metal RIS with allen key bolts etc..... - it just looks a nice gun imho

Barrel length 275 - nice length to sit well for woodland or CQB, not too long & not too short

Yes we go on about barrel length not really mattering for distance but the 275 is a nice size

and really short 110mm barrels - you are going to have go some to get really tight groupings

but in effect most stock guns will spread a little no matter what barrel you got in there out of box

usually 250 to 350 or 300mm aprox is what many use in most M4's

That is it on those first two guns - don't have the CQB Mini - and not likely to bother with it

I don't rate or care for blowback, more crap to go wrong and just a gimmick for me as I don't do mil-sim

I know these are toy guns, I don't need the clackety clack crap or shakey shakey malarky - I shoot for $hits n giggles

I personally have never loved the thread ring on some RIS's - the allen key mount looks more uhm ergh manly beefy tactical - uhhm gun-ified I guess

but that is just my opinion and looks to be honest really means f*ck all, it is what the owner likes so don't take my opinions or tastes as set in stone

If getting a 2-tone the raider long or maybe short is a great option to get you going

if getting a RIF then CM18 as it just looks a little wrong painted but suppose some Fairy Power Spray and a lot of elbow grease

though the crane stock if painted is a bitch - I gave up on a Green Raider Crane stock - really embedded into it way too much even for Fairy

There isn't much in any of the G&G Combat Machines - they are all basically the same inside - just tarty outer front ends really

My take on blowback is just my opinion - a number of people use G&G blowback's - just on these if you starting pushing them to silly speeds

Well it isn't that wise to build a 30rps blowback as bits tend to wear or fly off when going nutz

Blow-backs do add to realism though anybody will tell you it isn't like a gas blowback and even then still nothing a real gun

(I fired a Desert Eagle on a range is US and one word: F U CK or 2 words more like: F U C K M E - crazy $hit :))

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.