Compatability of inner barrels?

Mos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys. How are we?

So what's the things to look out for when picking the inner barrels? I will soon be going to look for an inner barrel for my TM VSR, and I have seen people recommend other people a barrel, but I'd like to know the rules of compatability with inner barrels

What I mean is, will barrel A only fit in gun B because gun B has the correct hop or something? Or barrel B won't fit in gun A because it's not the right length?

I don't really know what fits what and why it will/won't fit. If someone could help me out here that'd be great

Thanks guys

Guest PT247

get a VSR cut barrel, I recommend either Laylax or PDI. PDI will sort you whatever length you need, Laylax seem to be like rocking horse poo to get hold of. I currently have a Laylax 6.03mm x 303mm in my g-spec and it is ace but also have a PDI 6.05mm x 303mm on route to me, I'll use whichever is best in the VSR then put the other in my Mk23 SOCOM

get a VSR cut barrel, I recommend either Laylax or PDI. PDI will sort you whatever length you need, Laylax seem to be like rocking horse poo to get hold of. I currently have a Laylax 6.03mm x 303mm in my g-spec and it is ace but also have a PDI 6.05mm x 303mm on route to me, I'll use whichever is best in the VSR then put the other in my Mk23 SOCOM

Thanks for replying. I have a VSR pro, and Im looking to get a 6.05, is It a matter of going onto PDI's website (which is x fire I think) and going to the vsr section? Thanks

• Root Admin

Problem is: Can't really R-hop a VSR cut if you ever want to do that in the future. You can get good results from just VSR buckings though. There's a reason why they're so popular.

I only use AEG buckings - even in a couple of my most recent BASRs I've built and got them working very well. I've even used VSR buckings in AEG barrels and had good results, but I'd never recommend doing that. Most of the decent aftermarket hop units will allow you to fit both VSR and AEG buckings.

Basically, you can get great results out of both. If you go the bucking route then a VSR cut is probably better. I agree with PT247 - the 6.05 PDI barrels are exquisite. They have free shipping right now too.

Thanks guys, yeah their website is a bit crap

Edit: I was checking the options, there's the g spec model, the vsr pro model and the vsr long...

I'll go for the vsr pro, as I have a vsr pro. But what's a vsr long?

Also, as you've said, this means I can't purchase any aftermarket hop buckings?

• Root Admin

VSR long is for their aftermarket outerbarrels. If you have the money I'd recommend their light barrels as they're cheap (I think about £30), strong and have a much nicer finish.

Na, it just means you can't use AEG buckings or R-hop (because VSR buts have no 'bridge'). Not really a biggie if this is your first BASR though, and many have said that you can get R-hop-like results just through decent VSR buckings like Firefly or Maple Leaf anyway.

I bought a PDI 6.05 554mm barrel from Xfire two weeks ago, cost me £56 as opposed to £96 in the UK, I was lucky and didn't get hit with a customs charge. Idealy you want a 430mm barrel to fit your VSR Pro, 6.03 is a quality size although 6.05 is also popular! I have a 6.01 edgi barrel in mine and it prefers .4's over .43+.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.