ICS SIG 552

AJPaget

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

One of my friends has got a SIG 552 for sale, I just wanted to know if any of you had managed to play with one or use one and could let me know how the gun performs or if you know of any known problem with them? My main arena to play in is woodland.

Also he wants £195 with 2 high caps 6 mid caps a battery and charger. Is that a good price?

Thanks in advance

• Supporters

Sounds a bit much considering that it's only £159 new. Could get yourself a new Cyma M14 for less. :)

Depends which version Sig it is. The full metal ones are more up to about £230 ish. They have gone that cheap because I think Ics are phasing them out. Not long ago the metal ones were £300+.

Op needs to clarify which model and how old as the newer ones have a better gearbox. Also what brand are the midcaps because if they are Mag 100 rnd they are cheap and awful. The ICS ones are good but only 40rnds so more of a low cap.

Also has anything been changed/upgraded?

• Supporters

You could buy a decent combat machine for that. Buying secondhand from friends is a good way to end a friendship.

At least with a new rifle you know its provenance and you have a warranty.

Sigs better than a combat machine but unless its an MRS version in very good condition and all the mags are ICS then the price is a bit high.

• Supporters

It is a full metal model he bought it in late 2014

Is it a commando or MRS?

Its not just when it was bought its when it was manufactured.

To be honest I would think hard before buying a Sig. There is no after market support so upgrades are not as plentiful as on M4's, AK's or other more common models. The Ics Sig is great gun but it is flawed, it has probably the best stock V3 gearbox on any gun but a lot of it is proprietary.

If your thinking of upgrading its not a good choice. I am part way through rebuilding/customising one so have some custom parts spare if you have really deep pockets.

All thE mags are ICS and there is 6 low cap (not mid). It had a madbull 6.03 tight ore barrel and an ultimate m90 Spring upgrade. I wasn't really looking to upgrade the gun at all I just liked the look of it. A bit different to the normal m4s and AKs. Just was wondering if mechanically the ICS SIG were sound. Thanks for all your help so far guys

• Supporters

The Sig 552 mrs has the quad rail on front which is a godsend as it has more battery space and you get a lot more ris space. Its also got a full length top ris rail for optics.

If you split the receiver you can see the piston through the cylinder ports. If the pistons black its got the newer box if its white its the original box which isn't as good.

The madbull barrel is actually a downgrade the stock one is better.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.