ICS CXP Captain

ICS Cpt Icarus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All

Below is a link to a product review of the new ICS CXP Captain AEG.

Its a great new gun designed specifically for CQB or light weight loadouts, I was lucky enough to get one prior to general release. But they have now arrived in the UK and for anyone that likes the split gear box design and wants to get up close and personal its an awesome bit of kit.

I have used it out in the field already and the range for such a short gun is truly impressive. There will hopefully be some gameplay footage to follow shortly but I need to find the time to edit it.

Let me know what you think.

Guest PT247

The paint on it looks a bit tacky, having a PEQ box is an utter no and the fake buffer tube looks nasty. I love the concept of a split gearbox but the screech when you fired it after reassembling does not sound healthy.

If ICS can make a Krytac PDW beater in quality of finish, functionality and importantly range/accuracy then I'd consider one but until then I'll stick with my PDW.

• Supporters

What put me off most is the Ics logo everywhere in the vid. People would take you more seriously if you promoted the brand more subtlety it was like one of the dodgy shopping channel commercials.

Take the gun around and show it off at games, nudge people in the right direction on forums and yes vids are fine but it all seemed too much and will put people off.

Guest PT247

I am kinda cool with the ICS OTT banners etc, shows you are standing by the brand even though some may have a different view. Only real criticism of the vid is the abrupt editing, would possibly be better to record a couple of points at a time and piece it together with cut scenes rather than chop your commentary mid sentence.

cheers guys, I take on board your feedback.

With the Captain program in place I wanted to very much 'represent ICS' and also make my position of supporting the brand clear and obvious. What I definitely didn't want anyone thinking that it was an 'impartial' viewpoint as I feel that type of approach can come across as duplicitous.

In terms of the editing, I completely agree. Have been doing the walking round sites and talking to people / showing and letting them use my ICS kit for the last few months and this is my first foray into video making. I can only say from that experience, that making a seamless looking product video with all the editing etc is easier said than done. I am taking steps so that future videos will have better sound quality / image quality and a better structure to the editing.

I may try and see if I can have a feel of the Krytac PDW if anyone uses one at my local, not something I own or have used before, but from your comments seems to be something that is a similar / comparable product.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest PT247

having tried filming my airsoft games for YouTube I utterly relate to how hard it is to piece something watchable together, is why I have given up on that side of my YouTube channel lol.

• Supporters

cheers guys, I take on board your feedback.

With the Captain program in place I wanted to very much 'represent ICS' and also make my position of supporting the brand clear and obvious. What I definitely didn't want anyone thinking that it was an 'impartial' viewpoint as I feel that type of approach can come across as duplicitous.

I think the best non impartial review vids were the Airsoft GI ones. The advertising was there without being so in your face so you kind of forget the reviewers were actually just salesman. Its all about balance, represent but don't oversell. Not hating just suggesting.

Its a good idea what ICS are doing with the sponsor program more manufacturers and outlets should do it. No better promoters than the players themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Decent review to be fair. I understand how hard it is with editing and writing reviews in general.

I like the idea of the split gearbox but out of curiosity how often have you used that functionality during the time of having the CXP Captain?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.