New player having issues need advice plz

Danny-T418

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys I'm pritty new to airsoft I've brought a G&G t418 and thinking about start to use lipo battery's but am unsure as I've been told I needed to be careful on how to charge them and that I mite want to discharge them also I don't no to much about them and there a mixed reviews on them. Also I have brought MAG 190rds mid caps for my t418 and having feeding issues with them but all the reviews say that these mags are the only ones that work for my rifle please any advice would be great

I have the T4-18 and have always used a 7.4V LIPO - no problem. Just make sure that you charge the LIPO up the day before the game and make sure you store it at around 50% charge (not fully charged or discharged) until you need it for the next game.

Mags are a problem on this rifle. You can use a wider range of mags but you have to do some filing. Ive never bothered and just use the standard G&G hi-cap with it.

I have the T4-18 and have always used a 7.4V LIPO - no problem. Just make sure that you charge the LIPO up the day before the game and make sure you store it at around 50% charge (not fully charged or discharged) until you need it for the next game.

Mags are a problem on this rifle. You can use a wider range of mags but you have to do some filing. Ive never bothered and just use the standard G&G hi-cap with it.

Ok thanks can you recommend and good charger? Sounds like the mid caps are going to be a problem guna be a problem them for mil-sims if any one has found mid caps that work for the t418 please let me no I'll be getting the battery connectors change at the same time as I put a new spring in it getting about 305fts and want it about 340fts would like abit more range and power cheers

According to the reviews, these would seem to fit.

I use other rifles for my milsims, so cant offer first hand midcap advice for the T4-18 based on experience.

http://www.airsoftworld.net/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/1933/s/m4-m16-120rd-mid-cap-metal-magazine/

Charger wise I just use a cheap/basic lipo charger with a separate state of charge display (also inexpensive).

Ive used the ASG ones on a Raider but the T4-18 has a strange sized mag well I believe.

Mind you, the ones Ive linked to might well be ASG. AW dont mention the maker.

• Head Moderator

The imax B6 charger is very good, buy a genuine one. I have one myself and have not experienced any issues with it. I like the fact that it balances the battery cells and also discharges the battery for storage. The audible alarm when battery is charged is loud enough to get your attention.

Thanks for the advice I'll give that web site a look and check out that charger I only created the account for this forum yesterday and learning more now that I have in the last two months thanks guys

Thanks for the advice I'll give that web site a look and check out that charger I only created the account for this forum yesterday and learning more now that I have in the last two months thanks guys

About 50% of posters on forums are people with no common sense or who are too lazy to google for themselves. However, we are always happy to help people with sensible questions. There is a wealth of knowledge on here.

• Moderators

The imax B6 charger is very good, buy a genuine one. I have one myself and have not experienced any issues with it. I like the fact that it balances the battery cells and also discharges the battery for storage. The audible alarm when battery is charged is loud enough to get your attention.

maybe I need one of these then, I just have 4 lipos from Firesupport and the charger, kong version.....always looking at the lights!.....but charged in lipo bags :)

just stick them on charge day before game

audible one will make my life easier!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.