G&G GC1-46 - a few questions

HSCtheta7

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, going to be buying a G&G GC1-46 rifle to replace my current G&P M4. However, I need a couple of questions answered in the meantime. If anyone could help, it would be fantastic!

- MAG COMPATIBILITY - what mags would work best with the rifle? I'm on a bit of a tight budget and so I will probably be
buying from Taiwan Gun. However, I've had problems with mags in a G&G Firehawk before, so I'm a
little worried. Classic Army and G&G hicaps fed beautifully, but Ares midcaps had problems.

- BATTERIES - what battery would be best? I'm trying to avoid LiPos as much as possible. I'm assuming a normal NiMH 8.4v
crane battery would work, but I had problems trying to fit one in my personal M4. Would one of these work?

- BLOWBACK - from what I can tell, the blowback on this 416 is pneumatic. Is it just for show or can you actually feel some of
it? Probably won't be anything compared to my friend's TM SCAR-L, but if it's able to be felt then BONUS!

Thanks everyone, as always all help is appreciated.

Theta

The blowback doesnt really recoil.

Its more about making a more realistic noise than pew-pew. Its not the right noise but it sounds a bit meatier than the normal sewing machine nouse of an AEG.

Worth having ? I like the blowback except on my AK103 which sounds tinny.

Re mags, why not use G&G mags ?

Battery-wise, voltage will work providing its not got the electric cut off feature that some of the newer G&Gs have. As to whether they will fit, no idea. Lipo do have the advantage of being smaller.

• Supporters

If you're happy with hicaps stick with the G&G mags, they're fine but the mids have been a bit sketchy.

The blowback is just a rattly flappy plate on the gearbox which makes a noise but if you ever need a new gearbox (say...when the front cracks off) then you either buy a standard gearbox and lose the flappy clacky bit or pay through the nose for a new G&G box.

Why though are you "trying to avoid LiPo as much as possible"? They're not inherently dangerous as half the internet seems to want people to think and if you stick to 7.4v they won't lunch your gears or trigger contacts terribly quickly either.

• Supporters

Who knows? I might even go GBB...

Trust me, a LiPo charger will be cheaper than THAT! :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.