The Church of Daytona Gun

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That's cool,

Well iv ordered the hardest bit from Canada, I'll prob get the tanks/regulators/line next month whilst researching it in-between. I enjoy the building/learning as much as the running around shooting! :P

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How much should I be looking to spend on a 300 bar 12L filling tank second hand Prof?

• Root Admin

I paid £96 for mine (300 bar 10lt) but it was a steal. I'd say no more than £130 (in the best condition). I've seen silly prices on FB though so I'd avoid and stick to eBay - lots of dive shops put their old stuff on eBay in good condition when they want cleaner looking tanks.

Never buy a cylinder out of hydro. Even if it has one month left you at least still know it's going to be ok until you take it into the shop. Creation date doesn't matter too much on steel tanks so don't worry about buying one from the 80s or 90s.

Edit:

Best thing to do is to set up notification on eBay and nab a good one over the next couple of months. There's no rush to buy one immediately if you've got a dive shop nearby and a car and you could save a pile of cash. When you factor in fuel and the effort of taking it down to a shop to get it refilled though I'm not so sure.

Great cheers prof,

I'll keep an eye out.

All I'm slowly amassing All the components required ;)

Yay!

My DG 249 kit arrived from Blackblitz yesterday! I'm amazed at how few parts to it there are. just one thing prof, when opening and inspecting the pin that locates the trigger contact just keeps falling straight through. Is this right? Just wondered because once it's running I'm guessing it'll be shaking about all over the place?

So here's what I have got so far for my DG 249:

A&K M249

DG kit

Ninja 90/4500 tank

Redline Airsoft SFR regulator

Amped QD line

Warrior Assault systems Cargo pack

Next lot of purchases will get me second tank, and scuba tank/filling loop.

post-11797-0-02479000-1473879301_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

That's a double QD line - you need a single QD. I.e. threaded into the regulator with only a single QD on the end that meets the gun.

Looks good other than that.

I don't think you'll fit a second tank in that Cargo Pack though. I just keep my second bottle in the safezone and switch to it in the middle of the day. Much lighter also.

If you switch to a single tank then change the SFR orientation so it sits down the side of the bottle reg as it reduces the overall height of the setup when it's in that pack. Consider using pneumatic sealant where the UFA meets the regulator as it doesn't let the threads to move but it's only tool strength so can be removed. In addition, use some kind of clip just to keep the zips closed when it's in there as it likely won't fully fit and obviously the line needs to fit out of the top of the bag. You don't want it unzipping mid game.

Also, buy a spare bucking if you don't already have one. I have some if you want one - you will probably break yours at some point and they're hard to get a hold of.

I would look into getting a spring or compression fitting for the line where it leaves the gun. The M249 can't use a DIGL (like a braided line that runs up the grip) as the bolt that the line passes through is too narrow. You can, however, use a spring and shrink wrap to add some durability and stop it from kinking when playing.

I don't know what you mean by 'filling loop', but if it's a whip then it's unnecessary. You simply need a fill station - nothing fancy: http://www.beestingairsoft.com/product/hpa-direct-scuba-fill-station-300bar4500psi/

That WAS Cargo Pack was an excellent choice by the way :)

Ok,

So to make sure I got this right,

I need to change the line out from the regulator (and fitting into reg) from QD to a screw in single QD (see pic)

And now that iv actually got it all infront of me I nee to buy a fitting/connector for the end of the line that passes through the pistol grip?

And yes please, could I buy one of your spare buckings please prof.

post-11797-0-47531600-1473924730_thumb.jpg

post-11797-0-53837500-1473924746_thumb.jpg

• Root Admin

Yeh, so in that first pictures you have a QD point - you don't want that. I will grab a picture of mine and put it below.

For the line out of the grip: Just sure it up a bit but bear in mind that you cannot put any sleeve/spring/shrink wrap so far through that it reaches that machine screw as it won't pass through (as I'm sure you can see). In addition, an issue I had was the compression fitting where the macro line meets the engine itself. Just make sure it's done up well but don't go too hard at it with pliers as you can deform the metal easily. I sealed mine off with pneumatic sealant for good measure but obviously make sure that doesn't go anywhere but the threads its supposed to be on.

Will PM you about the buckings later today. I think I have some Delrin crush rings too (which are a decent idea to do right off the bat).

Sorry for the poor quality. Grim day so the ISO rating went through the roof and distorted everything :/

http://i.imgur.com/Hsz9oBH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1NNMkoA.jpg

Brill, thanks prof,

Think I'm starting to get the gist o this now.

The install and slight body modifications I think I'm good with, I just need to learn a bit more about the cylinders, lines, connectors etc. What is the threaded connection called that I need to change on the regulator? So I can search and purchase one.

Your pics look great, what did you wrap your macro line with?

Looks like a spring with some heat shrink. Also seen some guys notch the back of the pistol grip sometimes rather than come straight out the bottom?

• Root Admin

Cylinders? Where we're going we don't need cylinders! Or did you mean the bottles/fill tanks/Scuba cylinders?

Er, you might need to buy a new line as you bought one with a double QD and removing the male QD on the line can be tricky. http://www.beestingairsoft.com/product/beestingamped-line/ - select 'single quick disconnect'. Maybe sell your other one or keep it for use later on with another gat? Not sure as the SFR only has one outlet valve so you can't really run a pistol without a splitter so that second line might be worth getting rid of.

You don't need to change a connector on the regulator - you just need that single-QD line and it'll come with a thread on one end that goes straight into the regulator. You can use an adjustable spanner to remove the female one you currently have on there in the picture to expose the thread that the line will go in to. The issue with QDs is they are much more narrow than the line so restrict airflow. Keeping them to a minimum is a must.

The macro and line are EU QDs, not US (like on Beesting and most other places). It was a bit of a pain to do, but ultimately gives me about 1.5mm wider bore at the QD because our European QDs - though much less common in airsoft - are more optimally designed than US ones. It's a compression fitting that came with a spring from HPAirsoft: http://hpairsoft.eu/gb/hoses-connectors-accessories/40-waz-6mm.html

I think I have one spare if you want one, but you need an EU-spec line too: http://hpairsoft.eu/gb/hoses-connectors-accessories/38-widebore-hose-eu.html

I then added shrink-wrap just to make it less shiny and to stop stuff getting close to that macro line. It's just standard shrink-wrap, not adhesive.

A lot of people route through the back of the grip because getting it through the bottom there is really quite hard. Not sure which is better as I've not tried both, but rear seems to work fine so I guess just take your pick.

Gotcha!

Great, except bee sting website not loading on any of my devices atm. I'll stick the laptop on when I get home.

I managed to get the rdline reg and 90/4500 ninja tank from a guy who was running it on a P* so guessed I would need to change the line and tank reg.

Cylinder - scuba tank

Filling loop - scuba tank- bottle

;)

Lol :P

The Valve and line from scuba tank to ninja bottle to fill it up!

• Root Admin

Soz, I was hinting at what was mentioned yesterday - you don't need a line:

I don't know what you mean by 'filling loop', but if it's a whip then it's unnecessary. You simply need a fill station - nothing fancy: http://www.beestingairsoft.com/product/hpa-direct-scuba-fill-station-300bar4500psi/

What you're talking about is usually £20-30 more for zero additional functionality: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/290542881246-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Hey bud,

Another question sorry!.....

So where is the best place to pick up a male QD connector for my grip line to connect it to my beesting wide bore single QD line when it arrives? Is this the correct one?

http://www.beestingairsoft.com/product/male-qd-nipple-18-npt-17mm/

Does all that above make sense?

post-11797-0-23159900-1474103273_thumb.jpg

Or is a redline Flex connector required?

*scratches head* X)

found a valken air rig mini quick detach on Blackblitz website, will add one of them to the order :)

In stock , unlike virtually everything on the beesting website!

Real impressed with Justpaintball, my V2 reg arrived this morning after ordering late Thursday night. I got multiple emails advising on order process and free shipping effectively arrived next day. Where as beesting......have taken my money but no email to confirm order as yet : / ordered both parts at same time.

• Supporters

Real impressed with Justpaintball, my V2 reg arrived this morning after ordering late Thursday night. I got multiple emails advising on order process and free shipping effectively arrived next day. Where as beesting......have taken my money but no email to confirm order as yet : / ordered both parts at same time.

Just paintball are great, thats where the pyro comes from for the forum games. Cheapest deal we could get and the service is spot on.

Archived