Hi cap Mag not clicking when winding??

AirsoftgoesAli

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Take it apart.

At worst, you might have to buy a new mag; at best you can see how it works and you can probably fix it. Ive had problems before and it was an issue I managed to fix by disassembly and reassembly.

ETA - have you tried releasing the tension by moving the little slider on the top of the mag with a fingernail, emptying the BBs in the feed channel and then re-winding it ?

ETA - have you tried releasing the tension by moving the little slider on the top of the mag with a fingernail, emptying the BBs in the feed channel and then re-winding it ?

yeah I tried that but didn't seem to work in having trouble disassembling it would you happen to have a link to a guide for it?

An M16 mag?

First of all; give it a dose of percussive maintenance against something solid (yes, seriously). Sometimes things can just get stuck and need a good whack to free things up.

If that doesn't help, look at the bottom of the mag & undo the screw there. You should then be able to just pull the inside of the magazine out through the top; you *may* need to push the two little tabs each side of it near the top in to do so, but it should just slide straight out.
Then it's just a case of manually spinning the gears inside to see what the problem is; usually when a hi-cap stops feeding for me, you'll be turning the main wheel and see the small brass gear won't be spinning; or will only be spinning occasionally.

Fixing it may need you to take the insides apart completely; but we'll come to that later.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.