Buffer tube inner diameters?

MILITATED

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello!

I have a WE KAC PDW, which comes with it's own folding skeletal stock (doesn't seem to be any after market ones either), and has no adapter for a buffer tube.

So, I will make one, as I'd like to fit a buffer tube for a new stock.

In order to do this, I need to know the inner diameter of a buffer tube (I don't have one at the moment). I'd appreciate it if somebody could acquire that measurement, and also list what brand their buffer tube is (I understand that some companies have mil-spec ones, others commercial and I believe KWA has their own buffer tube which is smaller than the other two).

Thank you!

...and has no adapter for a buffer tube.

Assuming it uses a normal M4 Reciever, you shouldn't need an adaptor to fit the buffer tube.

M4 stocks screw directly into the back of the reciever, so they can (usually) be swapped out fairly easily.

I didn't have to change anything on my M4 and I've swapped the stock twice.

:-)

Guest PT247

It is a GBBR so a little different to an AEG.

It isn't set up to have a functioning buffertube though so may be a little difficult.

Assuming it uses a normal M4 Reciever, you shouldn't need an adaptor to fit the buffer tube.

M4 stocks screw directly into the back of the reciever, so they can (usually) be swapped out fairly easily.

I didn't have to change anything on my M4 and I've swapped the stock twice.

:-)

Unfortunately, the upper/lower is made specifically for the PDW which is why it's a little more tricky to do. The lower is designed to take the folding stock instead of a buffer tube. It's a nice concept, but the stock makes the rear end of the gun look very unfinished and there is no adjustment options (aside from folded or non folded)

It is a GBBR so a little different to an AEG.

It isn't set up to have a functioning buffertube though so may be a little difficult.

This is why I need the inner diameter; I'm going to attach the buffer tube to the folding stock piece

• Supporters

Just measured a G&G AEG tube

25mm inner & 29mm outer diameter is what my digital vernier said

so I guess 2mm thick wall but had an SRC that might have had 1.5mm wall and maybe 26mm inner

FireHawk has battery in stock tube, one battery was tight fit in G&G tube but fitted inside a SRC no problem

go with 25mm or perhaps 1 inch - 25.4mm

Thanks Duck!

Right, here is a little more info on my plan here. Once the skeletal parts of the stock are removed, I'm left with just the folding part. Strangely enough, that folding part has 16mm threads. I have a 16mm - 14mm thread adapter left over from my Vector which is 1 inch wide. With the help of JB Weld or similar, I hope to bind the the buffer tube and thread adapter. Here is a picture:

http://i.imgur.com/K7BLucN.jpg

Think that will fit inside the buffer tube comfortably?

Doing it this way means I don't have to modify any of the gun itself. If the buffer tube is attached to the thread adapter, then I can just unscrew it all from the folding part if I ever want to change back to the skeletal stock.

• Supporters

uhm just wondering if an ics adapter could work better

132387807_full.jpg

might be able to fit that on without too much modification perhaps - about £11 at fire-support

edit - scrap that idea - thought it might have worked quite easily but stock is built in folding and only when you compare them both you see maybe not such an easy fitting:

K7BLucN.jpg

edit - scrap that idea - thought it might have worked quite easily but stock is built in folding and only when you compare them both you see maybe not such an easy fitting:

K7BLucN.jpg

Yeah unfortunately this was the only stock they had in mind and no one has thought to produce a stock adapter - the back of the lower reciever is quite different (designed specifically for that folding stock). Here is what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/yrv2ofT.jpg

So, do you think that thread adapter (1 inch wide) would fit comfortably inside a buffer tube? Comfortably enough to stick together

• Supporters

uhm ergh uhmm ergh

honest answer - dunno I just gave you the dimensions of a stock tube

bull$hit answer:

c98f181b3211860f06d46549322c12ca.jpg

end of the day - reckon easiest thing is to actually use a stock tube with 25-25.4mm inner diameter/28-29 diameter

it will have the lugs for adjustable stock etc.... blah blah blah hack one up blah blah blah.....

Normally attached to spring guide in gearbox by a M5 bolt if that helps....

dunno what stock you are seeking to fit onto gun after adapting a stock tube

luckily your gun is front wired I guess so stock is really just for comfort/looks - no wires to re-route

It's an open bolt GBBR :)

Was looking to attach a CTR stock, or maybe just buy another Madbull ACE Socom stock. But probably the CTR option due to costs.

I want to get a CTR for my G&G CM18, but nowhere could tell me for sure about compatibility.

• Supporters

I want to get a CTR for my G&G CM18, but nowhere could tell me for sure about compatibility.

It will work ok - but you lose a bit of battery space going for just a lipo in stock tube instead of your present crane stock

Plus stock has to be removed each time you change battery rather than just pop the back off leaving crane is comfy place/position you like)

yes stock tube has bigger diameter but time you add in wires/connectors you don't get lots more room in there than a single tube of ya crane stock

Also - if the receiver stock mount is long you can't retract the stock a great deal maybe only last 3 out 6 position clicks

The FireHawk has GOS-V2 with battery in tube and you didn't get bags of room in there - nice looking but limited for rear wired guns a bit

front wired G&G 30th's have the v1 or v2 on them so battery space don't matter coz front wired so stock don't need to be removed for lipo change

Poxy bloody stocks - nice looking ones with loads of adjustments have little room inside

fixed stocks are plenty roomy but no adjustment at all - often a tad too short or a tad too long

(somebody make a medium or yummy mummy fixed stock at about 240mm or so - 190 & 290 is a bit hit n miss unless you just run with it)

• Supporters

Remove ya crane stock a sec

you might have the G&G stock tube with slits at the side making it a bit easier to pull wires to one side

pop in modest 1000 to 1200mah lipo then sort out wires etc....

They do a few types but this is what I mean...

950-3721.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.