G&G - Do You Think They Have Too Many Rifles

Baz JJ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Excellent question.

11.1v is the most common here in US. You don't find many players using 7.4v. UK market is new to us and we do depend on what our distributor told us. If UK legislation said 400+ FPS is allowed then it's a lot easier on us. Actually if you can provide the actual link would be great.

Well your distributor was not wrong on general practice, but it's not a legal restriction, at least not yet. You can probably see that this legislation in it's current state contains contradictions which make it very difficult to enforce, but the thought is there on the lethality thresholds (assuming eye protection).

If you were able to modify the gun's component balance, couldn't you find a way to make it refuse to fire when presented with voltage other than 7.4 and 9.6 ?

I've actually never seen a player clutching or claiming to use a 11.1v battery offline. AFAIK its mostly 9.6 NiMH‎ and 7.4 LiPo.

Guest PT247

If you were able to modify the gun's component balance, couldn't you find a way to make it refuse to fire when presented with voltage other than 7.4 and 9.6 ?

I've actually never seen a player clutching or claiming to use a 11.1v battery offline. AFAIK its mostly 9.6 NiMH‎ and 7.4 LiPo.

All my AEGs (x 3) are designed to run on 11.1v LiPos, it is only because the Krytac PDW has such a small battery compartment that I run 7.4v in that as it takes too long fiddling to get my 11.1 in it.

• Supporters

Think you can get a very good rof/response with just a 7.4v if done well

but I got say 75% 7.4v's in my lipo collection - usually 25c

smaller, cheaper etc....

Anyone know the gearing used ? - 18:1 or 16:1 like I found in a VFC 416 box I think it was

normally found that it is about 25rps + that serious over-run & double firing starts to take place on m100/105 setup

If that gun starts to over-run or double fire on 7.4v - you would have to be an idiot to try a similar 11.1v in there = CRUNCH

Think tbh with a 7.4v & 30k you can't be hitting much more than 20rps or @ 30+ on 11.1v you will get problems

If however Krytac have their own Fairy or Pixie dust in there like TM - can somebody tell me my nearest stockist please

(All the dust I bought on fleabay looks like it came out of somebody's vacuum cleaner and just clogs up the gears)

Guest PT247

My SPR is semi only and tbh I only ever shoot semi anyhows unless I come across someone bulletproof so I don't know what RPS the PDW is either.

• Supporters

The SPR will be fine if it shoots 410fps - gotta be m125 in there so will slow the gun quickly...

it is when people take this pi$$ (like moi)

when people take the pi$$ on std uk stuff this "can" get risky

still looking for the pixie dust though - can this be bought through Krytac dealers :)

actually forget the dust a sec - the words dust and dealers may attract the wrong people to this thread - my bad

• Supporters

If however Krytac have their own Fairy or Pixie dust in there like TM - can somebody tell me my nearest stockist please

(All the dust I bought on fleabay looks like it came out of somebody's vacuum cleaner and just clogs up the gears)

TM ran out of stocks of magic fairy dust years ago. Now they are more reliant on Placebo Powder. If you go to you local airsoft shop its usually kept next the the snake oil. If you hit the G&G section you have gone too far down the bullshit aisle.

Guest PT247

The SPR will be fine if it shoots 410fps - gotta be m125 in there so will slow the gun quickly...

it is when people take this pi$$ (like moi)

when people take the pi$$ on std uk stuff this "can" get risky

still looking for the pixie dust though - can this be bought through Krytac dealers :)

actually forget the dust a sec - the words dust and dealers may attract the wrong people to this thread - my bad

aye M125.

Just wanted to confirm that the Krytac SPR I have with a 30k motor overspins and double shoots at 350fps with a 11.1V. Its fine with a 7.4V and it produces about 24rps so its more than enough ROF given that spring. I have modified it to be semi only and 420 fps now so its not going to overspin on a 11.1V if I used it anymore but I haven't tried that yet. Its the best gun I have in terms of finish and stock configuration no doubt about it and I wouldn't want to receive a 20k motor, I was a bit pissed off that someone in the supply chain had replaced the 400 fps spring with a 315 fps one frankly.

• Supporters

TM ran out of stocks of magic fairy dust years ago. Now they are more reliant on Placebo Powder. If you go to you local airsoft shop its usually kept next the the snake oil. If you hit the G&G section you have gone too far down the bullshit aisle.

Oi - behave, well yeah kinda understand it a bit with recent "new & not so improved" G&G's

In my case that is the broken/faulty gun aisle, but hope to finally assemble this 90% SHS & 10% G&G mofo shell back together for weekend

unless I find anything other "made of toffee/dairy lea" G&G quality engineering....

• Supporters

it depends on each individual person and gun

battery space and how beefy you wish to go really along with what batteries you already have to hand

20 up to 33rps can be achieved on just a 7.4v SSG with neodym motors (later figure is with higher speed gears & SS)

40rps - heard somebody got 45rps on a DSG on 7.4v but dunno what final fps was

The figures could be nunged up some more if you choose to run 60c mofo lipo's

Then add in nearly 50% if you replace 7.4v with 11.1v and you got a stupid hose machine that is just beyond stupid

End of day - for most people:

_53780657_jex_20118_de27-1.jpg

• Supporters

I use 11.1v LiPo exclusively, why cock around with 7.4 when you can have more oomph?

Because some guns dont need 11.1v. A really well set up gun will only need a 7.4v to run well. My Sig actually has issues with a 30c 7.4v and runs better with an old school 9.6v nimh and I still get 22rps and a good trigger response.

Every gun is different.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.