spinal damge would playing a sniper work best

scottraven

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi i have some spinal damage and i do not want to hold up any team, i would be on.

as i can still walk a little would sniper be best for me in game, as it would not be fair to make the game change for just me, my thinking would be that i can take more time getting from spot to spot, and some foam on my back should do the work if i get shot in the back ?

I'd say if you make up not more than 8.3% (1/12th) of the team no will care about your contribution even if you're having a mid-game picnic. Play your game.

Have you played airsoft before? You should probably consult a physician if you think there might be risk of further injury resultant from BB impacts.

You can get paintball armour with hard plates which should do the trick nicely, and you'll be able to hear the impacts.

thank you every one has been way more help full than the cops i asked them for the law on it, and they never got back to me being dexlic i finde it hard to under stand some laws in righting, as i under stand it i will have to go to the club near me joine as a member for a wile then i can go for the licence for the black guns, be for i can get a sniper rifle that is not in bright colours, have i got that right in basic turms ?

thank you every one has been way more help full than the cops i asked them for the law on it, and they never got back to me being dexlic i finde it hard to under stand some laws in righting, as i under stand it i will have to go to the club near me joine as a member for a wile then i can go for the licence for the black guns, be for i can get a sniper rifle that is not in bright colours, have i got that right in basic turms ?

1. There is no license.

2. Only adults can buy imitation firearms

3. Don't talk to the police about airsoft - its not in their immediate purview(to be knowledgeable on).

4. Do not buy a sniper rifle (as a first/second gun)

5. Play with a rental gun or,

5.1. Buy an Electric Automatic Gun (AEG), spend between £110 and £160, but not more than £200 including eye protection, batteries/charger. You do not need a scope for your first games; if indoors, buy an under £15 flashlight.

To take a long story short, out of the box airsoft sniper rifles are the same as the AEG, but much slower and arduous to use.

You don't need a good gun to enjoy airsoft, but you do need one which is not unnecessarily limited.

If you really do move slowly, you might want to branch out into DMR or sniper play for airsoft after a few months, but even if you were wheelchair bound, no one would recommend starting with a sniper rifle.

EDIT:

If you didn't have other concerns, i'd have not said "but not more than".

• Supporters

If you go to a skirmish you will find the people you can play in a group. Yes there are always some who are very slow to advance, so you will be fine.

I myself like to go alone (and I always lose my teammates in the first contact) but that way it's way harder to learn how to play. Stick with people and watch what they are doing.

As Scarathe said, Stock Snipers are pretty much the same as stock AEG's. They put you at a disadvantage as they aren't as user friendly (compared to AEGs..in my opinion), and to get them to suitable as a Sniper they take a LOT of work and money.

Personally, I'd never recommend playing as a sniper first off. I burrowed a team mates sniper for a while as I love the idea of being a sniper...but I couldn't get into it once I was there. It could have been a very expensive mistake.

I've never come across any time where people would worry about you "slowing the team down".

There's alway the crazy Red Bull fuelled kids who will disappear as soon as "Game On!" called. Just as there is always the slower, more subtle players (like yourself) who have as much fun.

Although we play to win, we mostly play to have fun. I've never come across situations where someone is considered to have "held up the team". 99% of players wouldn't mind.

Maybe in more serious games (Milsim?)* you might find it to be an issue. But in normal weekend games I can't imaging you'll have an issue.

* to clarify, not being derogatory of MilSim. Just I get the feeling they do rely more on the whole team working together as a team. I may be wrong, never tried MS myself :-)

• Supporters

Honestly - you can be all sorts of a team player.....

even if you are not mega agile you can hold back, defend base, overwatch etc.....

not everybody is a beast or Rambo

as long as you know your own strengths and weakness - stick to a sedate style you will be fine

holding down a room just moving from corner to corner will annoy the other team a bit

until a grenade comes in - but nothing lasts forever

It really is a thing where lots of people with lots of styles & types can play

and often if a game day is a lot one sided often they will mix up the teams a bit so it is a closer fairer game day

btw - I'm $hit - bit mobile but still crap so don't worry

normally we tend not worry about how awesome or crap our team is and moan more about:

non-hit takers, gobby to$$ers shouting push up, players with larger than life ego's - in short players who are complete dicks

As long as your site isn't too ultra serious think most won't give a stuff about looking down at a 13yr old JBBG player or some old fart like moi sweating his nutz off and still getting shot to $hit

it is all about fun and peew peew stuff really - only way you will know is to get out there but take it easy at first

(we are not as young as we still think we are - very best wishes btw)

BB hits are unlikely to damage your back. BB's are small and have very little mass behind them. When they hit skin they can cause damage to the skin but rarely cause any bruising as they do not have enough energy to damage deep enough. Baggy clothing is better for absorbing bb hits than padding as it allows you to feel the movement of the cloth as it is hit but will absorb the impact. Padding can be responsible for people not realising that they have been hit.

Sniping may not be the best option if your mobility is impaired as it will involve a lot of crawling around. If you cannot run about then maybe just play more defensively.

• Supporters

Funny thing is - reckon about 25% of hits to your back is your own bell-end team shooting you with friendly fire

love that one - friendly fire, Oi - colour you tw*t

uhm I can talk - think anything from 10 to 20% of my kills are of the "oooops sorry m8" kind

I need new glasses and message to self - think ya daft old sod before you pull the trigger

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.