Cheap M1A1 Thompson's

B.S

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

RESOLVED - I was an Idiot :P

Hello.

I've just Purchased a KJW Glock 23, Which I am very happy with, however it's not exactly the sort of thing to bring to a full on Skirmish without a main gun, So I've been looking at Cheap entry level AEG Thompson's, the Two brands I've found are the Well D98 and the Blackviper, Now I'm not going to be buying either any time soon (Being the planner that I am, I'm already planning my next purchase before I have any money!) But I'd like to know which I should go for. The Only issue I see with the Well D98 is that it's Never in stock. Anywhere. Hence why I found the Blackviper, I don't really like the Clear guns, But I'm thinking I can Spray it Black. (Not sure what I'd use for that, Some how I suspect my Stove paint won't do the job)

Here are the two links:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/well-d98-m1a1-bb-gun-aeg-rifle-with-drum-or-stick-mag.html

well-d98-drummag-thompson-a1m1-4__64602_

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/products/blackviper-thompson-m1a1-aeg-bb-gun-with-stick-mag.html

Thompson-M1A1-AEG-Clear-Wood-Stick-Mag__

Any Advice would be welcome.

P.S Actually, on the topic of spraying it black, I saw a post about UKARA just being for the Purchase of guns, so what If I bought a clear one and sprayed it Black? Is that Legal?

• Root Admin

Not legal without a defence, unfortunately. Those two guns are also naff - as people have said in that other thread: Avoid those kinds of rubbish websites that exclusively sell 2-tone guns as there are plenty of decent retailers how will spray a decent gun for you.That said, however, you should certainly rent your gear and get your UKARA sorted or become a site member and then buy something decent. There's no hurry to start spending, but I know it's tempting. You will regret buying cheap when you start just because you couldn't be patient (this happens all the time to new players).

And please read the stickies in this forum as you'd probably have found the answer without the need for a new thread.
http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

Guest PT247

if you can't afford better than these then save for longer. You will be utterly disillusioned with airsoft by the end of the first game you play with rubbish like this.

Not legal without a defence, unfortunately. Those two guns are also naff - as people have said in that other thread: Avoid those kinds of rubbish websites that exclusively sell 2-tone guns as there are plenty of decent retailers how will spray a decent gun for you.That said, however, you should certainly rent your gear and get your UKARA sorted or become a site member and then buy something decent. There's no hurry to start spending, but I know it's tempting. You will regret buying cheap when you start just because you couldn't be patient (this happens all the time to new players).

And please read the stickies in this forum as you'd probably have found the answer without the need for a new thread.

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

Well, It was more meant to be about the Thompson's, But I've gathered that's not a good idea! XD

I was planning in the long run to get a ICS L85A2 Carbine, Just wanted something to tide me over, but thinking about it the £80 I'd spend getting this set up would be better off towards the L85, Only issue is UKARA, I'd really rather not have a Orange SA80, Unless I can respray it when I turn 18 (Not too keen on doing that to something so expensive) Thanks for stopping me doing something I'd regret, I have a History of buying cheap and regretting it.

Guest PT247

normally the paint can be removed quite easily with Fairy Powerspray so you wouldn't need to paint it, just remove the blue/orange paint.

Honestly, you need to up your budget. If you turn up with those kind of rifles at a skirmish, there are some players who will pick you out at the safety brief and see you as cannon fodder. Being outshot is no fun and you will probably be totally disillusioned. Everybody wants to win and most settle for winning and losing. Losing all the time will get you down and it will probably put you off the game.

If you dont want to waste money renting until you know what you want, just buy something like a G&G Combat machine in two tone from the outset which will pay for itself n 4 or 5 games, allow you to compete on an even playing field and then once you have a bit of experience, you can save up for a proper Thompson or whatever it is you want at that time.

Honestly, you need to up your budget. If you turn up with those kind of rifles at a skirmish, there are some players who will pick you out at the safety brief and see you as cannon fodder. Being outshot is no fun and you will probably be totally disillusioned. Everybody wants to win and most settle for winning and losing. Losing all the time will get you down and it will probably put you off the game.

If you dont want to waste money renting until you know what you want, just buy something like a G&G Combat machine in two tone from the outset which will pay for itself n 4 or 5 games, allow you to compete on an even playing field and then once you have a bit of experience, you can save up for a proper Thompson or whatever it is you want at that time.

Well, That'd be nice, But I don't have any income at all atm XD I'll focus on getting my first Job for now. I'll just save up for the ICS, Besides I could probably manage with a Pistol for some games. I'm not really about winning tbh, atm I just need something that counts as exercise to do! :D

Thanks for the Advice :)

From the issues I've seen with the ICS SA80 about the trigger, I'd go with the G&G one as it's more of a mechanical trigger (and closer to the real one) rather than an electrical trigger (which you get in the ICS version)

One guy used mine all day because his ICS one was buggered most of the day

• Supporters

giphy.gif

Seriously - do not buy a £80 JBBG, BBGuns4Less or most stuff on OnlyBBGuns....

It will crap out mainly due to plastic box and you will be lucky if it worth £8

or save time and money and buy here:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/broken-guns/

hey at least you won't get any nasty shocks - you already know its f*cked

Joking aside - many including myself still have the scars from BB sites

Yes at a push - a real push if you played close cqb you could maybe just about scrape by with a crap gun

but it won't last so that £80 will soon turn into £8 scrap

Why scrap - coz most of the stuff has bespoke mags, the gearbox to replace with a proper gearbox is a bit of challenge

Actually some are for really sad bastids to mod with a lot of work and nigh on most would be a total waste of time doing

So when - and they will crap out you are gonna be left with a load of crap fit for the bin and nothing to show for £80 investment

C'mon - they can't be that bad ???

Short answer - 98% are not worth a w@nk

and most new/younger players won't be able to spot the odd 2% ok-ish ones

plus them 2% are still not that great - just not complete piles of crap - crap but better crap if you like

Everyone says £120.....

ICS or G&G is a LOT better - end of

If you stick with a G&G or ICS until you are 18+ and get ukara'd

then you can get great value for money £80+ RIF's from GunFire or TaiwanGun

(don't bother trying to get one without valid defense/ukara you will just waste your time and theirs - they gotta check defense so don't bother)

A G&G new £120 or maybe a s/hand setup with battery/charger could be got about £100 in 2-tone if an 18+ buys it

even if that busts it is gotta be worth £50 not £8

Do not think along the lines of - Well £80 JBBG and if it breaks I lost say £72

Vs

£120 - if it breaks = £50 so that is £70 lost - not much difference...

No - the G&G or ICS will perform better, last longer and you won't get your ar$e kicked so badly = more fun & wiser investment

can be fixed - or learnt to fix yourself and still if you give up get half your money back say etc....

Don't - just don't try and see if purchasing a JBBG pile of crap can be justified - it just isn't worth the hassle - end of

So you see when we say save a little more - it is because we have made the same mistake you are considering

Please listen to wise words of wisdom, I wish I had found this place sooner but for me it was too late

Do not give that fat liar JambWow your money - he is a clown and knows jack $hit except selling crap guns to newcomers

try to up your budget and get a G&G or ICS if possible - it is that simple

(ps be careful buying other bespoke guns - often bespoke means hard to get hold of parts, spares, mags n stuff)

giphy.gif

Seriously - do not buy a £80 JBBG, BBGuns4Less or most stuff on OnlyBBGuns....

It will crap out mainly due to plastic box and you will be lucky if it worth £8

or save time and money and buy here:

https://bbguns4less.co.uk/broken-guns/

hey at least you won't get any nasty shocks - you already know its f*cked

Joking aside - many including myself still have the scars from BB sites

Yes at a push - a real push if you played close cqb you could maybe just about scrape by with a crap gun

but it won't last so that £80 will soon turn into £8 scrap

Why scrap - coz most of the stuff has bespoke mags, the gearbox to replace with a proper gearbox is a bit of challenge

Actually some are for really sad bastids to mod with a lot of work and nigh on most would be a total waste of time doing

So when - and they will crap out you are gonna be left with a load of crap fit for the bin and nothing to show for £80 investment

C'mon - they can't be that bad ???

Short answer - 98% are not worth a w@nk

and most new/younger players won't be able to spot the odd 2% ok-ish ones

plus them 2% are still not that great - just not complete piles of crap - crap but better crap if you like

Everyone says £120.....

ICS or G&G is a LOT better - end of

If you stick with a G&G or ICS until you are 18+ and get ukara'd

then you can get great value for money £80+ RIF's from GunFire or TaiwanGun

(don't bother trying to get one without valid defense/ukara you will just waste your time and theirs - they gotta check defense so don't bother)

A G&G new £120 or maybe a s/hand setup with battery/charger could be got about £100 in 2-tone if an 18+ buys it

even if that busts it is gotta be worth £50 not £8

Do not think along the lines of - Well £80 JBBG and if it breaks I lost say £72

Vs

£120 - if it breaks = £50 so that is £70 lost - not much difference...

No - the G&G or ICS will perform better, last longer and you won't get your ar$e kicked so badly = more fun & wiser investment

can be fixed - or learnt to fix yourself and still if you give up get half your money back say etc....

Don't - just don't try and see if purchasing a JBBG pile of crap can be justified - it just isn't worth the hassle - end of

So you see when we say save a little more - it is because we have made the same mistake you are considering

Please listen to wise words of wisdom, I wish I had found this place sooner but for me it was too late

Do not give that fat liar JambWow your money - he is a clown and knows jack $hit except selling crap guns to newcomers

try to up your budget and get a G&G or ICS if possible - it is that simple

(ps be careful buying other bespoke guns - often bespoke means hard to get hold of parts, spares, mags n stuff)

Yeah, I think I'll just cut out the Middle gun so to speak :) I'll go straight for a L85, Either a G&G, ICS or WE. WE are the only ones who do GBB Ones (Which I'd like to get eventually)

• Supporters

L85's are a type of gun that many people "think" they want

probably coz being British and/or army/cadets etc......

Often though a number of people change their minds and may sell their L85 R85

and just stick to the run of the mill M4, AK, G36 etc......

To me it is one of them guns you think you want or want to own

but it isn't quite everybody's cuppa tea in the end

An ICS or G&G M4 is often a highly recommended good value starter gun

even if you get a higher end gun one day - that good ol' M4 will do as a back up gun

or sell on to another new player, they are good sound investments - this place runs on G&G, ICS & Krytac I think

L85's are a type of gun that many people "think" they want

probably coz being British and/or army/cadets etc......

Often though a number of people change their minds and may sell their L85 R85

and just stick to the run of the mill M4, AK, G36 etc......

To me it is one of them guns you think you want or want to own

but it isn't quite everybody's cuppa tea in the end

An ICS or G&G M4 is often a highly recommended good value starter gun

even if you get a higher end gun one day - that good ol' M4 will do as a back up gun

or sell on to another new player, they are good sound investments - this place runs on G&G, ICS & Krytac I think

Well, I won't know Until I've tried one. So I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice :)

• Supporters

Well, I won't know Until I've tried one. So I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for the advice :)

Agreed - but I only have the cheaper Army R85 and "some" others but still prefer the M4 over most of them

AK's - I can't quite get my head or rather right hand around the fire selector

Guess I'd maybe have to pick a G36 after M4 but this is just my personal findings

But M4's I find are a lot more ergonomic and easy to pick up n shoot/use

(just a case of getting used to it I guess - but L85's are not always the super gun many think they love to get)

Get decent M4, get out skirmishing and maybe you will get a chance to have a little feel & shoot with one before you jump in & buy a L85

btw - I'm not trying to tell what you to buy and all that, just my own personal view on stuff I have learnt when buying peew peew toy guns

Agreed - but I only have the cheaper Army R85 and "some" others but still prefer the M4 over most of them

AK's - I can't quite get my head or rather right hand around the fire selector

Guess I'd maybe have to pick a G36 after M4 but this is just my personal findings

But M4's I find are a lot more ergonomic and easy to pick up n shoot/use

(just a case of getting used to it I guess - but L85's are not always the super gun many think they love to get)

Get decent M4, get out skirmishing and maybe you will get a chance to have a little feel & shoot with one before you jump in & buy a L85

btw - I'm not trying to tell what you to buy and all that, just my own personal view on stuff I have learnt when buying peew peew toy guns

Yeah, It couldn't hurt to be more cautious :)

But If I get a Chance to try the L85 before I get anything else, then I can make my mind up before buying anything. If it is something I Like then I'd rather go straight for it than spend £100 on a Gun that, while looks very good performance wise, isn't something I really like the looks of. Still, Things are a lot different Irl.

There are 3 brands of thompson worth even looking at: TM and King Arms.make the best ones by a long way. Cyma do a basic one which should be okayish.

If you read the legal section, the rule about being 18 applies to the buyer in selling a RIF (non 2-tone)or IF (2-tone). It doesn't apply to converting an IF to a RIF. As long as you can prove that you have a valid reason (ie that you are an airsofter) then you can remove the paint.

L85's are cool but almost all versions have reliability issues so I would suggest that they are a good 2nd main weapon and not really good as a 1st buy. You want something reliable that will not break down as a fall back before you get something more exotic.

If you want something different to the usual M4 and you already have a pistol for any single shot only games, ASG (also sold as AGM) make a very good Sten. It has several drawbacks in that it has no semi auto or safety and you cannot get high cap magazines but it is relatively cheap, it's very reliable and accurate and its made of steel so will not break if you drop it. You will want a few spare magazines for it as they are not high cap.

If the person buying it has UKARA: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-3/agm-058?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Otherwise: http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/058-agm-mkii-british-ww2-sten-aeg-rifle-full-metal.html#.VuyS7fmLSUk

Incidentally I do not suggest buying stuff from onlybbguns.co.uk unless you know what you are looking for, like all sites with bbguns in the name they do sell some rubbish. They do however sell a few good items and I have never had problems with them.

• Supporters

yup - onlybbguns is slightly better than the other two

but you really have to do ya homework if buying anything - more so from the lesser pro retailers

a lot of crap but some decent stuff does exist in small quantities if you know what to look for

also onlybbguns might still have 10% off with code: RC10

but not shopped there in quite a while

same company operate as iwholesalers or something mainly buying from GunFire or TaiwanGun

Still be very careful and do plenty of research before parting with ya hard earned money

or stick to Zero One, FireSupport etc... for cheap M4 starters

read up - ask questions and hopefully your initial purchase will be a wise & happy one

There are 3 brands of thompson worth even looking at: TM and King Arms.make the best ones by a long way. Cyma do a basic one which should be okayish.

If you read the legal section, the rule about being 18 applies to the buyer in selling a RIF (non 2-tone)or IF (2-tone). It doesn't apply to converting an IF to a RIF. As long as you can prove that you have a valid reason (ie that you are an airsofter) then you can remove the paint.

L85's are cool but almost all versions have reliability issues so I would suggest that they are a good 2nd main weapon and not really good as a 1st buy. You want something reliable that will not break down as a fall back before you get something more exotic.

If you want something different to the usual M4 and you already have a pistol for any single shot only games, ASG (also sold as AGM) make a very good Sten. It has several drawbacks in that it has no semi auto or safety and you cannot get high cap magazines but it is relatively cheap, it's very reliable and accurate and its made of steel so will not break if you drop it. You will want a few spare magazines for it as they are not high cap.

If the person buying it has UKARA: http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-3/agm-058?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Otherwise: http://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/058-agm-mkii-british-ww2-sten-aeg-rifle-full-metal.html#.VuyS7fmLSUk

Incidentally I do not suggest buying stuff from onlybbguns.co.uk unless you know what you are looking for, like all sites with bbguns in the name they do sell some rubbish. They do however sell a few good items and I have never had problems with them.

Wow, I'd given up on finding a Good Sten Mk.II, Thank you good sir! Maybe I'll get that before the ICS, It'd certainly be more affordable (Once I get a job that is) How many leaflet deliveries can it take to get £150? XD

Hopefully eventually I'll be able to get some WWII British kit, Found some uniforms but I think I'd rather get the guns first. http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/1940-bd-battle-dress-jacket-product,3186 They actually sell the AGM Sten on that site too, just noticed.

Just remember: You can't get properly site registered or UKARA registered if you're under 18.

Yep, I'll just have to do some painting when I turn 18 :)

• Root Admin

Can't even buy a 2-tone under 18 really, but you can have your parents do it.

Usually I wouldn't mention such things but as you have a YouTube channel you need to make yourself familiar with the law so as not to spread bad information if you ever say anything off-hand in a video.

Those threads in the second link I posted on the other page have everything that you need to know :)

Please be sure to do your due diligence as airsoft is a hobby that regularly comes under threat in the UK, so we all have a responsibility to know the law. If you intend to publicise airsoft-related content then this is especially important.

I've got the G&G SA80, M4 (CQB) & ICS M4 (woodland) plus a jing gong or JG G36C aswell

I use the SA80 alot but my M4's are always my back up & go to rifles.

Can't even buy a 2-tone under 18 really, but you can have your parents do it.

Usually I wouldn't mention such things but as you have a YouTube channel you need to make yourself familiar with the law so as not to spread bad information if you ever say anything off-hand in a video.

Those threads in the second link I posted on the other page have everything that you need to know :)

Please be sure to do your due diligence as airsoft is a hobby that regularly comes under threat in the UK, so we all have a responsibility to know the law. If you intend to publicise airsoft-related content then this is especially important.

I looked through, and I noticed Blue isn't in the Colour list, I'm assuming it's an acceptable colour?

Sucks about that Bill though, Didn't realise it was such a big limitation.

• Root Admin

It's any 'bright colour' - bright blue is fine.

Again though, if you're under 18 then you can't buy anyway. In practice that usually just means making sure your parents know if it's online as legally they're the ones meant to be buying it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.