Tips for a King Arms S&W M&P15 MOE

Deviant Imp

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello. :)

I currently own a King Arms S&W M&P15 MOE and I've had it for the last two or three years, however I have only really used it two or three times. I was wondering if anyone could help me make sure it stays in tip top condition and performs well.

I was looking for batteries the other day and a friend of mine recommended I get a Lipo battery (He once let me compare my NiMH battery with his lipo battery (I forgot the voltages of them :( ) and my gun seemed to perform a lot better with his Lipo) but I was wondering what voltage of Lipo to get, and whether a Lipo would possibly be too powerful for my gun and potentially damage the internals over time.

Secondly I was wondering about upgrading the internals and thought you guys might be able to point me in the right direction for getting started. Currently the rifle is completely stock and I've changed nothing. Sorry if what I'm asking seems a little vague, I'm pretty clueless on upgrading airsoft rifles and quite new to airsofting

Thank you all so much for any help, again I'm sorry if any or all of this seems vague, I'm just kinda clueless around airsofting.

• Supporters

7.4v, it'll perform better than a NiMH and will last longer. Won't damage the trigger contacts either. :)

You don't need to mess around with the gearbox, if it sounds 'springy' when you fire it, all King Arms M&P's are like that, I've had one. Something to consider changing is the bucking, inner barrel and nub to improve accuracy and range a little bit.

7.4V LIPO is a good all rounder and wont burn out trigger contacts in the same way that the higher voltage ones can.

LIPO is a better technology but one word of warning:

1. make sure your charger is suitable for charging them

2. only charge them under supervision as the chemistry can be a bit volatile if they develop a fault

3. charge them up the night before a game and then once the game is over, make sure that they are stored at around 50% state of charge.

Don't leave them fully charged as they can go puffy and dont even let them fully discharge.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Are there any specific brands for an inner barrel and bucking? I tried looking for a 368mm by 6.01mm barrel but could only find a single one and it was for a GBB, is there any difference between a GBB and AEG inner barrel?

Thanks so much for the help guys, currently typing this on my phone as I'm at work, I'll take a proper look and reply properly when I get home :P.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.