A Gun to start off with

Jarrett88

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello there

Havent played a game as of yet but it all booked up and cant wait :D

But i have been looking at guns and batteries. It just looks like a mine field out there to me.

Just wandering what gun people started off with, and there set ie scope, grip, laser, red dot?

I have been browsing through reveiw after reveiw on different makes and models.

G and G armament seems to have the best reveiws, I have therefore been looking at the G and G CM16 MOD 0, has anyone got one and if so are as good as reveiws make out,

thank for reading

• Supporters

Oh boy, where to start.. I'll make a list so it's easier to read:

All G&G Combat Machines, pick the one you like the look of. The G&G MOD 0 is an excellent choice.

Cyma AK's, M14's, Mp5's

A&K/P&J M4's

DBoys AK's

Classic Army Sportline guns are ok, the plastics are fragile.

ICS M4's

JG AK's, Mp5s (if you can find one)

Buying new guns - us here at the Okto office still get that Christmas morning feeling waiting for the courier.

Its really easy to get seduced by all the models available. Look a lot, spend nothing, until you understand what it is you want to play.

The first rifle i bought was an L96 bolt action spring sniper rifle - big mistake - seduced you see.

Play some games with rental kit and get some game time. There are lots of sub-games in airsoft - decide what you like best; CQB, woodland, milsim, run and gunning, support gunning, sniping.

Get it clear in your own head what you need and then look for a suitable rifle - pick the right type of weapon first i.e. use your head, make a shortlist and then pick what you want based on your heart.

I have a G&G raider and its been very reliable. I wouldnt advise red dots use the iron sight then if you find when you go to a sight regularly you need a magnification look for one then. As for the rest its all personal preference I am getting a vertical grip because hours without one gives me arm ache.

In terms of optics, I think between us, we have them all in one shape, form or other.

Start with iron sights. Learn to adjust them and zero them in properly. Then graduate to an optic if you need one. Depends a lot on what type of game you play and where.

Hi I have a cm16 Mod 0. I can tell you now that the only difference in the Combat Machine line is inner barrel length and what it looks like. The mod 0 had a very nice magpul style handgaurd and adjustable stock. It's a VERY comfortable weapon to hold and it's pretty good for mostly medium range. Oh and don't be put off by the fact that it has no RIS Quadrail like the raider of anything this makes it more comfy to hold. Also only other major difference between the raider and the mod 0 is on the raider the battery gos inside the stock and the mod 0 battery gos inside the handgaurd. Hope this was usefel. Reply to me if there's anything more you want to know about it 😄. Happy Shooting.

Thank you GeneralKimbo that has been helpful, what is like in a game enviroment ie distance, FPS. Deos it feel robust enough to last a long time as want to use it for years to come, have you upgraded it and are you still using it as stock or have you added optics etc, what battery are you running with it?

I'm running an 8.4v 7 cell baterry by WE. When they chrono it at the field it hits about 335 with .2s I run with .25s so I probably got closer to 300. I've only done one external upgrade which is an angled foregrip. It's very accurate especially for the price. I hit targets that are only peaking out a little bit all the time. I would say if you look after it should last you definetley a year and if your still running it in a year or so I would go for a tighter barrel as whilst it is accurate I would say 1 in every 10 shots will deveate a little bit.

• Supporters

if possible try and resist the blowback option

just my opinion but G&G's blowback is just a gimmick and is just more stuff to go wrong

on upgraded guns the blowback isn't designed for cycling or firing at higher speeds

The blowback box is a bit different to the run of mill conventional non-blowback boxes

just say clackety clack when ya fire, shake the gun a bit and less bits to fail/fly off

if you gotta get a blowback gun - get a glock gas blowback pistol or something

rifle - normal G&G aeg is perhaps a wise first gun choice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.