what is with this revolution?!

deebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Now, call me a grumpy bastwerd (mainly because im a grumpy bastwerd) but why cant people just enjoy what we have and shut the f*@k up?

This forum is free. There is a huge knowledge base here. It is frequented for the most part, but good people who are fun to shoot at and be shot by.

If there are people who come across so capable on computers, and who bag on so much for change, then build your own forum and invite all the other people like you to it.

It seems the majority of threads now are either stores selling there wares (probs need to go i agree but lets face it we all like buying guns) and people complaining about the forum and b*@ching for change. This is a good forum, if you dont like it, go to zero one, they have all the sub forums you can shake a sh*tty stick at.

Forgive the rant, but it needs to be said.

FWIW I think some people take it far too seriously.

Im an old bastard and have seen a lot of forums in my time. The thing they all have in common is that people get wound up about the silliest things and in the end, it doesnt make a slight bit of difference to the price of fish. Inevitably, you get about half a dozen people who are always "on".

Sometimes their experience in a given subject can enrich a forum and sometimes that can turn to ego and arrogance and the need to comment on just about everything and it can put people off.

As I saw somewhere today, dont take life too seriously. Its not as if any of us are getting out alive.

IMHO forums are like lucky dips - best dip in quickly and occasionally. Stay too long or too often and your fingers get covered in sherbet.

The acid test is: does it answer your question when you need advice and guidance.

• Head Moderator

Power to the People! :) The Forum Feedback sub forum does read "Tell us what you think of AF-UK! Is there anything missing?" so it is a place to put forward ideas, whether popular or not.

I raised the question late last year, in November, about having a shorter minimum character length to make searching easier. Radical I know. Also I do think it would be useful for HPA to have its own sub forum where all technical advice could reside even though I do not have any guns fitted for HPA.

Power to the People! :) The Forum Feedback sub forum does read "Tell us what you think of AF-UK! Is there anything missing?" so it is a place to put forward ideas, whether popular or not.

I raised the question late last year, in November, about having a shorter minimum character length to make searching easier. Radical I know. Also I do think it would be useful for HPA to have its own sub forum where all technical advice could reside even though I do not have any guns fitted for HPA.

Thats the thing, you have made suggestions and thats completely fine. What you havent done, is criticise more and more and try to change it so radically that it barely resembles the forum in the first place. Its the reason i respect the way you put your ideas forward so much, because your mature and pateint.

Theres no point crying over being told no you cant change this when the thing you tried to change was free, and not yours in the first place.

Edited by Monty

Democracy is bad.

Democracy is ebil! Presumption is good.

Its the reason I respect the way you put your ideas forward so much, because you're mature and patient.

How patient does one have to be exactly?

X8ERxL1.png

Why would it need to be in a PM? Its based at no one in particular just the growing mood among people on here. You have chosen to assume its all about you.

Its hardly a 'drama while i was away'. ... There has been no drama, and i dont feel left out of anything.

Yes, I inserted the "away" into my thoughts based on the way the title is written, if you'd not been away surely it would have been "What's with the revolution!" instead of "what is with this revolution?!"

Thats the thing, you have made suggestions and thats completely fine. What you havent done, is criticise more and more and try to change it so radically that it barely resembles the forum in the first place. Its the reason i respect the way you put your ideas forward so much, because your mature and pateint.

Its based at no one in particular just the growing mood among people on here. You have chosen to assume its all about you.

Nope. You've been very specific. And, until you were, I held off making [regrettable] directed discourse.

You havent been the only one complaining. Maybe the loudest, but not the only one.

I'm sorry. When you used me in comparison with Jedi_Master it really bugged me because I too had tried the 'patient way'. I never thought for a second the entire thread was about my vocalisation, but at that point I couldn't understand why you had chosen to [indirectly] compare us in that way. I honestly don't feel that I've ever "complained" in public. I certainly haven't behaved well in this thread though. :(:wub:

Like i said, i never mentioned you. I didnt even hint at you. I never mentioned threads you started, or things you had said. I mentioned generic moods, and generic comments. There are several people who have vocalised in more frustratingly rude ways than one.

You choose to climb atop your high horse, and thats your choice. But i have absolutely no wish to wast any more of my evening listening to your bullsh*t.

Guest PT247

so Deebo.... who was this thread aimed at then? If not Sacarathe then who?

You raised this post to stir, it could have been a status rather than a thread, it could have been a voice in your head that never made it down your arms to your keyboard.... both would have been better than this.

Im not going to name people as its not really what this was for. People keep interpreting this as me trying to -

A-stir things up (wrong)

B- personally attack other forum members (wrong)

C- start arguments (wrong)

I put this up to just remind people, this is a free forum, with good non interfering mods, and a massive knowledge base. As others have said, forums are never perfect but this is pretty close. Ive been a member of tonnes of forums for various different things and none function as wel as this.

If people want to put forward ideas for improvement, thats great. What is not great is the slide the majority of those comments have fallen down. From suggestion, to rudeness and the general impretion of 'i could do better'. If they can, awsome! Go and do it.

This didnt need to be a status and i didnt need to keep it to myself. There is no reson why anyone should not share there opinion on the collective community they are a part of. I shared my opinion, without mentioning any one in particular.

How have i done wrong, or different from so many others who have done similar?

Freedom of speech makes most things fine, but on the same vien as deebo's thread if you have nothing nice to say aboutthis nice FREE forum..........

As for getting things changed we all have lives, families, commitments etc, so you waited 6months for a new sub forum sacarathe, my mum has waited 6years for me to put two lights up in her house......you will live. And one day im sure a new hpa sub forum will appeare and it will be lovley suprise for you :)

As for a 3 letter search function thats a no brainer and a must when so many things in airsoft use as little as 2/3 letters.

For now lets all have a group hug!!!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.