Redwolf vs redwolf UK?

Doad13
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

HK tends to have a better selection but as you say - shipping time and import duty.

• Supporters

I'm sold on that! Ha. Just need to get to my next payday and redwolf HK will be receiving the order.

Cheers!

What are you trying to buy? If you're buying from HK anyway there's plenty of others that are cheaper...

Well it appears the Odin m12 speed loader is on preorder there and it comes in cheaper than there UK site which doesn't have them in stock. Probably pick up a few other things once I calculate the duties on top.

Because usually it ends up cheaper

Not from HK it doesn't, last few parcels have come via DHL for me, and they will always apply customs charges without fail.

• Supporters

I use their HK over UK any day. UK is really expensive as is the postage costs as well. I've found delivery time on HK stuff is actually pretty quick.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone ordered from Redwolf HK with Registered Airmail?

Did Customs stop it?

• Root Admin

They will always check the declared value - if it's over £12 total then you'll get a bill. Border Force will check anything that looks like a gun if that's what you mean.

Cheaper places online than Redwolf btw. Places that'll quote the package value lower too if you ask (to avoid VAT). Not sure if RWA will.

Not a gun. Just parts.

I've never had a bill from customs for anything from HK or China using standard airmail as yet! But people mentions that DHL do it 'in house', which is a different matter.

The part I want from RW isn't available elsewhere sadly but it's only $35.

Just wondered if anyone had used the 'Registered Airmail (slower) shipping method from RW?

• Root Admin

What part do you want?

I've used it before and was taxed - it's not as much to do with the method of shipping as the declaration. It's true that UPS, DHL, EMS and FedEx will process the amount to be paid in-house to expedite it through customs, but almost everything is checked. You might get lucky but plan on it getting taxed.

They will always check the declared value - if it's over £12 total then you'll get a bill. Border Force will check anything that looks like a gun if that's what you mean.

Cheaper places online than Redwolf btw. Places that'll quote the package value lower too if you ask (to avoid VAT). Not sure if RWA will.

What's cheaper then, eHobbyAsia/WGC?

It's a UAC G17 Magwell.

Interesting that I've ordered a lot of things from HK & China via both eBay and websites for a lot more than £100 and never once been done at customs.

Cheers Prof.

• Root Admin

What's cheaper then, eHobbyAsia/WGC?

Depends on what you want. eHobby is always expensive on shipping and WGC have a good range but are hit and miss as far as pricing goes. Seal Airsoft, AEG Cart Asia, Scope and Laser, Rainbow8, Shooter CB Gear, Airsoft Asia, TigerHK111 are extremely cheap all the time. UNCompany and DENTrinity have a better range and stuff you can't find anywhere else if you want something really special. Rakuten and Impulse101 have all the really rare Marui and LayLax/First Factory/Prometheus/Nineball stuff like those new VSR stocks and things.

When it comes to HK companies you really have to do your research. An extra 20 minutes of Googling can easily mean saving $20 off a $100 order. On smaller orders there's usually not much of a difference though.

The bigger brands like eHobby, RWA and WGC I feel it's hard for them to compete with the smaller companies these days and offer no intrinsic advantage over them except perhaps a better level of service if something goes wrong. If it were a gun I wouldn't buy from HK anyway, but if I did then I'd go for one of the more well-known brands that could deal with a problem faster. For anything else they're almost always more expensive or don't have stuff in stock. Having looked at it now though RWAs registered airmail is properly configured these days - used to just be a flat rate that was super expensive, so they're a bit more competitive on that front (which is good).

It's a UAC G17 Magwell.

Interesting that I've ordered a lot of things from HK & China via both eBay and websites for a lot more than £100 and never once been done at customs.

Cheers Prof.

Yeh. Most will mark it down without you even asking - check the package next time and see. Usually they just put 'sporting goods' and a value of $10.

RWA, eHobby and X-Fire are the ones I know of that won't mark down goods when I asked. Whether that's changed or not I don't know. Thing is, if the package goes missing then the courier will only pay up to the declared value. There's nothing illegal about quoting a lower value because the value is something you dictate - not what you've paid for it. Obviously as a retailer though you end up footing the bill if that $200 package goes missing and you only get an insurance payout of $10.

What colour magwell did you want? The Guarder one is much nicer than UAC if you need black, but I'm imagining you want the tan or silver if you're not going with them? Or maybe those cut inserts for removing stubborn 25rd magazines? :)

What colour magwell did you want? The Guarder one is much nicer than UAC if you need black, but I'm imagining you want the tan or silver if you're not going with them? Or maybe those cut inserts for removing stubborn 25rd magazines? :)

It is black actually, lol. But Ally. I've got a plastic Guarder one on my other OD Glock but my Tan one is basically a UAC project gun.

It's Ally too.

Oh. My Guarder one is plastic?? Might be standard not flared tho.

Running a GM Salient standard slide with all UAC parts😋

I wish Detonator would remake the BTC G17 slide! I sooooo want one! Unsurprisingly nobody wants to part with theirs.

• Root Admin

Oh right, I wasn't disagreeing that it was plastic. Just maybe not ally in the traditional sense. I'm not an expert in these things by any measure, heh.

Erm, have you seen the price of Detonator slides? I remember that selector they were selling for the G18C that was like $100 or something stupid. Nice slides though, but $250 a pop - jeeze :S

• Root Admin

It looks great, don't get me wrong. Just thought ally had to meet very specific criteria.

I had a flared magwell on mine for a long time (had the old UAC design as well as the 5KU one) and after a while just realised I didn't need it and that it was bulky. They do look good on the right gat though that's for sure.

Archived