BEst googles for FAST helmets?

skillfulmmd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking to get some nicer eye wear for playing and I have seen a lot of players with googles that seem to attach to their FAST and MICH helmets can anyone point in the direction of these types of googles and give recommendations?

• Supporters

The goggles themselves don't come like that usually. You can buy the swivel clips and attach them yourself though.

I know a lot of players use Smith Optics Boogie Regulator goggles, which can be purchased with an optional bungee kit which attaches to the swivel mounts often supplied with FAST/MICH helmets. However, I have seen reviews which suggest they are prone to fogging. Other than that, it's probably as Lozart suggests where you can shorten or mod the goggle straps to clip into the swivel mounts. On my goggles this will mean cutting the straps as there is not a way of unbuckling them.

However, there is a downside of attaching goggles to helmet which is that the eyepro has to be removed if you want to take your helmet off. Whilst this shouldn't be a big problem in most skirmish/CQB games, if you play games with long game times, or games where you will be out of any safe zone for long periods, or milsim-type experiences which require you to keep eyepro in place at all times you will be wearing your helmet for looooong periods which can be very uncomfortable. And, if you ever do a overnight milsim, you may need to sleep in your helmet. Ouch.

• Supporters

I've never seen anyone wear boogie regulators for more than one game, they fog like mad on EVERYONE because they're designed with vehicle/parachute operations in mind where there's a huge amount of air being forced into them. Can't recommend against them enough for airsoft.

I know a fair few who have struggled with them too for the same reason.

For what your after, i think some mesh goggles would be fine. My mesh can go around my helemt and still fit fine and obvs no fog. But you could easily cut the strap and feed the ends through into the fast helemt clamps.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.