G&G CM16 Raider short

James-Teddy-Bodenham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello so i have a G&G cm16 raider with the short barrel now i dont play in cqb sites atm and am looking at getting a longer inner and outer barrel for my gun how ever i also need a new front ris rail to accommodate the new barrels so is there any one that knows of inner outer barrels new hopup new ris rail and any other upgrade i can do to make the gun more accuret at range

Guest PT247

can you not just add a mock silencer? Be far simpler and then all you'd need would be a longer inner barrel.

What is it currently chronoing at on 0.2g BBs?

• Supporters

You don't need a new RIS.

Get a 4.5" barrel extension and a 363mm inner barrel. Unscrew the flash hider, screw in the barrel extension and refit the flash hider. That should bring it to the same length as the Raider long or whatever they call it (standard M4A1 length). Fit the the inner barrel, run around the woods shooting stuff.

can you not just add a mock silencer? Be far simpler and then all you'd need would be a longer inner barrel.

What is it currently chronoing at on 0.2g BBs?

its 320 at 0.2g and dont like the look of any suppresser

You don't need a new RIS.

Get a 4.5" barrel extension and a 363mm inner barrel. Unscrew the flash hider, screw in the barrel extension and refit the flash hider. That should bring it to the same length as the Raider long or whatever they call it (standard M4A1 length). Fit the the inner barrel, run around the woods shooting stuff.

i would do that but the problem is i don't want the ugly front sight so was looking for a new full outer barrel and then get a net inner barrel that would work

Guest PT247

if 320fps on 0.2g BBs I'd not bother with a barrel extension, maybe fit a slightly tighter bore.... 6.03mm Prometheus, and a decent bucking..... Guarder 50' and it will give you an fps boost from the slightly tighter bore, longer range from the better bucking and tighter accuracy from the higher quality barrel.

• Supporters

i would do that but the problem is i don't want the ugly front sight so was looking for a new full outer barrel and then get a net inner barrel that would work

Ah, gotcha. If I remember correctly the CM16 has the sight moulded on as part of the outer barrel so yes, you'd need a whole new one. As far as where to get one or recommendations - I have a CYMA outer barrel on my M4 and it's fine (certainly for the money). Pretty sure it cost me around £15 new from ebay (Seal Airsoft or one of the other HK based guys). Try AK2M4 for ZCI inner barrels, they appear to be pretty decent for the price.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.