Viper Lazer Platform?

The_Taffinch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Does anyone have experience of the Viper Lazer Platform carrier/vest?

I've had a cheapo Chinese CIRAS-type vest which had the molle real-estate I would like, but the quality is lacking and I can't get it adjusted just right because the elastic material on the cumberbund and side fastners is poor. I've been looking at alternatives around my budget of around and the Viper seems to offer what I need and looks comfy too.

Cheers in advance

Matt.

Yes...good point! :) I am hoping there are degrees of Chinese tat though.

Open to suggestions about better quality alternatives. I do need a molle-equipped back panel and side areas due to the heavy-weight nature of my SAW-based loadout. No lightweight agility for me; I move with the pace and grace of a senile tortoise.

the viper LAZER set up seems to be the premium of Viper, but as mentioned before it is still cheap and chinese,

as you will see on this forum people will recommend UKtactica equipment,

http://www.uktactical.com/c-722-od-green-armour-rigs-tactical.aspx

also if you sign up for the uktactical newsletter and hold off for a bit, you should be able to get the DCS for only £10 more than the one you listed, and I can guarantee it'll last you for your entire airsofting career, I've got an old WAS RICAS Compact that is still going strong after 2 years of seriously hard graft, whereas an old viper holster I got I've basically relegated as apocalypse prop use because it looks like it's been through WW3-5 after less than 1 years worth of use.

The viper LAZER should work for a good while dependent on how hard you use it, but the WAS will last you for as long as you airsoft. also if you look on the foreign website you should be able to get the Viper rig for a lot less than what military1st is selling it for, when I've got more time I'll have a look around.

Edit: wrong wording

Cheers Geoffrey. I know that Waririor stuff is highly rated, but thought it would be too pricey for me so thanks for the tip. So Mil1st will be selling WAS stuff soon? I can't see the DCS on their website, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place or I need to wait. I can stretch to another tenner to ensure a bit better quality and durability.

Cheers Geoffrey. I know that Waririor stuff is highly rated, but thought it would be too pricey for me so thanks for the tip. So Mil1st will be selling WAS stuff soon? I can't see the DCS on their website, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place or I need to wait. I can stretch to another tenner to ensure a bit better quality and durability.

sorry mate, put the wrong word in, it's UKtactical who constantly have discounts available,

edited my post.

In the interest of full disclosure it's still cheapo Chinese tat.

Just to be "that guy", I've got a few Viper bits that have been seriously used and abused over the years, and never had any problems with them.

I've never really used any of the "higher end" gear (Warrior etc), so I can't judge how Viper compares to "XYZ". But never had an issue with their stuff.

• Supporters

Just to be "that guy", I've got a few Viper bits that have been seriously used and abused over the years, and never had any problems with them.

I've never really used any of the "higher end" gear (Warrior etc), so I can't judge how Viper compares to "XYZ". But never had an issue with their stuff.

All the Viper kit I ever had was rubbish compared to the WAS stuff I use now. That's not to say that for an average airsofter that has a limited budget and only plays once a month it won't last for ages but I would suggest you reserve judgement until you get up close and personal with some better quality kit.

It's as much about design as it is quality of materials and workmanship too.

That said the latest Viper kit does seem to be better than it used to be. Still made down to a budget but then that's not always a bad thing, after all it's not like we're relying on it in an actual combat scenario now, is it?

• Moderators

as above really, i myself have only used WAS, mainly as the ones i questioned about on here, cheap ones for £30, bulldog gear and some others back end of last year were similar in price when you added on various pouches, so i went for WAS as its known to last longer, plus with the chest rig, i got the back panels as well, so for Airsoft, similar looks to a carrier....and who cares, it only by fat in, holds my mags, water and mars bars....bananas bruise to easily!

that good I have the 901 rig and back panel in coyote and Atacs-AU :mellow:

UKT currently running 25% off on mulitcam and Coyote stuff, go check them out, may be other colours discounted soon, who knows, its almost every week!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.