WE F226 Loading Nozzle

Governor

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've owned my F226 for two years or so now, this is the second time the loading nozzle has broken. Is this normal for the same part to fail twice within two years? I know it's only £8 or so to replace it's just a slight annoyance.

Picture of said loading nozzle. (The little plastic tab to the lower left of the image is the bit that has broken off both times)

Cheers

Guest PT247

GBB guns break, they have moving mechanical parts and the movement is quite violent so yes, wear and tear is normal if they are used. Some folks pistols will last a decade with no malfunction but that is probably due to it staying in their holster 99% of the time on a skirmish, if you use it more, it'll wear more.

Guest PT247

I am currently upgrading parts on my KC-02 GBBR, I have only skirmished it for less than an hour but I am making changes to strengthen it, some pistols have upgrade options, I know nothing about yours but may be worth looking into higher quality parts and replace them before they break as I am doing with my rifle.

I busted my 228 loading nozzle (my pistols blowback mechanism is identical) by loading a full mag with the slide forward, since then, I've always inserted full mags with the slide locked back so the top BB never has to be pushed down the mag by the nozzle nub.

How do you load/reload yours? I've not had an issue with mine since adjusting my technique, despite playing many times in temperatures approaching freezing when the plastic becomes brittle

I busted my 228 loading nozzle (my pistols blowback mechanism is identical) by loading a full mag with the slide forward, since then, I've always inserted full mags with the slide locked back so the top BB never has to be pushed down the mag by the nozzle nub.

How do you load/reload yours? I've not had an issue with mine since adjusting my technique, despite playing many times in temperatures approaching freezing when the plastic becomes brittle

I do indeed load a magazine whilst the slide is forward, the parts should arrive on Friday so I'll fix it and try loading it your way from now on. Cheers for the advice. :D

No worries mate, to be honest, the WE hasn't let me down since I broke my nub, and my brothers TM has been a finicky little bugger, and I use propane, which shouldn't do it any favours.

People can say what they want about WE pistols, but mine was good value and very reliable, and I'd buy another. I do want another for winter though, but don't know any pistols that work well around the 0 degree Mark like my G5

TM Mk23 SOCOM.... perfect all year round gun!

Not a bad shout, however:

While these may be two contradictory values, I'm after a good winter pistol that's GBB, NBB has never done it for me

• 2 weeks later...

My 226 did the same thing recently. It was cold when it did it and I'd pretty much emptied a whole mag so the nozzle would have been freezing.

Absolutely bang on regarding loading a full mag. If your slide is forward and you load a mag that is so full that you can't press the top BB down slightly then that part has no option but to snap off because it has nowhere else to go.

Apart from loading with the slide back, try filling your mags so there is a little room for movement in the stack (avoid the temptation to squeeze that last BB in).

• 2 years later...
On 16/03/2016 at 14:49, TheGrover said:

Followed this advice after my nozzle nub broke (repaired by a shop techie), has given me almost no issues since.  Have had issue with it not loading a BB then loading two but I've found that was Mag related (a little silicon oil sprayed into the follower and spring seem to have sorted that out on two of the three mags but that third mag is being a bugger). 

TheGrover: ...I do want another for winter though, but don't know any pistols that work well around the 0 degree Mark like my G5

For Winter Co2 is the best way to go.

image.gif

image.gif

On 18/03/2016 at 11:29, TheGrover said:

but don't know any pistols that work well around the 0 degree Mark like my G5

Any of the 15mm bbu tms and black gas when it's really cold

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.