Noob hopup compatability question

delbert

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys,

I am still a total novice at this Airsoft game but loving every day.

I have a secondhand (only a 3 months old) G&G GC16 with ETU,

it shoots fine but recently I went to alter the hop, but the adjuster wheel seems to be jambed and yes I have tried it both ways :-) it does move but only with too much effort, it bends my fingernail its so tight to move :-(

Rather than fixing it, I have pretty much decided to just throw away the plastic hop unit and rubber and replace it for something new.

I have been searching the forum and the internet and have really gotten more confused with every search as I just don't understand how compatible my GC16 is with the various upgrade parts available.

I have been looking around and see there seems to be two different types, the Lonex type which just looks like a metal version of my my G&G with the adjuster wheel on the side of the hop unit and the ProWin type where the adjustment wheel in-line with the barrel.

Am I correct in thinking that both would fit fine within my upper receiver?

Do most parts like this from an M4 fit the M16?

If someone could provide some suggestions for a good quality replacement hopup unit and rubber that I can get in the UK I would as always very much appreciate the help.

Regards

Delbert.

Hi Guys,

I have a secondhand (only a 3 months old) G&G GC16 with ETU,

it shoots fine but recently I went to alter the hop, but the adjuster wheel seems to be jambed and yes I have tried it both ways :-) it does move but only with too much effort, it bends my fingernail its so tight to move :-(

Have you tried using your fingers? I have a G&G hop with a wheel and I find the plastic on mine is stronger than my finger nails too.

Furthermore, have you had the barrel/hop out of the reciver and tried to change it, even if you replace it you've still got to have it out, might as well find out before you buy stuff.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.