Finally done it :)

n1ckh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So putting a mosfet into a V2 or V3 gearbox is easy (done 3 of my rifles so far) but after a few months of pissing around & putting it off. Got bored today so finally got the wiring done to accept a mosfet into my G&G SA80

Man is it a weird gearbox, took plenty of reference photos as I stripped things down to get the trigger contacts out. After 14 months of use, there was some bad flat spots from arcing so looks like putting in a mosfet was good timing. Tested it all with a mosfet from 1 of my M4's & there's a marked difference when pulling the trigger, it was pretty responsive before as it has a lonex torque motor so should be better (find out next game day)

Good work soldier!

Be sure to report back after your next game with it.

Good work soldier! Be sure to report back after your next game with it.

Will do mate, it was a right bollock ache stripping the box down & keeping track of everything but it's done :)

So far I've put them in 2x G&G M4's (woodland & cqb rifles) & my JG G36C about a year or so a go & still going strong. With the G36, I found it easier just to remove the contacts to do the soldering, I run them all on turningy nano tech 7.4v lipos after all my nimhs finally gave up & the mosfets I use are the basic Gate Nano SSR fets & now finally in my SA80. I'm playing Sunday so will report back but I don't forsee any problems.

I've also fitted one in my mates E&L AK for him (that was a laugh taking that apart) also using the same fets, I can swap them out if they overheat or something

The trigger response is more crisp with an electronic trigger & Lipo so ill be putting high torque motors in my M4 & G36 to see if trigger response is that bit more faster

A 16awg wire upgrade is a good idea aswell to improve the flow path

Well, my new mosfet arrived this morning but I'm away for the day as it's my day off so will be hooking the fet up tonight then pew pew test time on Sunday

Didn't take long to put the mosfet in as the the wiring was all sorted

Even a quick trigger pull of dry firing & I can definitely hear a difference :) the mosfet was soooooo worth it

A word of advice for people who own a G&G l85a2 & want to wire in a mosfet. The positive wires from the battery & motor go in the top hole of the trigger contact & signal wire in the bottom because the bottom hole will give you full auto when you connect the battery

So today was the first time using the SA80 with the mosfet.

Trigger response was a bit more crisp & ROF remains the same, the usual dead zone on the cut off lever occured a few times when my son used it & I told him to not release the trigger to early & he picked up on switching to full auto quite quickly.

All in all, much better & faster trigger, held up well to today's abuse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.