Help wanted please with First Airsoft rifle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest PT247

Krytac are awesome.... but a bit more expensive than a G&G. Most folk are advised to get a G&G combat machines as their first AEG unless they have money to burn.

edit: Krytac "Trident" AEGs are awesome, I think they have launched a budget AEG range, no idea what they are like.

• Supporters

edit: Krytac "Trident" AEGs are awesome, I think they have launched a budget AEG range, no idea what they are like.

OOooooohhh the duck may be interested in getting one of those budget ones to use & abuse

Other than that a G&G 30th GC16 at Airsoftworld is one of my top 3 or 5 G&G starters for ya money

(prefer GC16 30th over GC26 but just my preference)

FFR 2 ain't bad but has qwirky ETU unit

CM18 is sexy looking - crap mid cap and not a fan of flash hider

SR-S SR-L SR-XL, Hog's etc.... still nice - got qwirky ETU but if paying over £200 I'd consider others

or save for Krytac

End of day - often it is player not how much the guns costs that wins the game

yes a good gun out of the box helps - I will admit that, but good players can hold their own with most guns they may use

(even crappy out of whack rentals with pi$$ed sights and looked like they been used/abused like a cheap whore)

Also a factor to consider is what type of site you will play most? No point buying a long barrel AR if you gonna be working round tight corners. Iv always prefered full metal over poly. But everyone's different.

I would want a rifle I could swap the barrel and spring without fully stripping the gun down if possible and I'm looking price wise up to £300 as its my first rifle. I've always liked FAL's but don't know if you can get a good one other than that it would have to be a m4 variant.

Guest PT247

ASG Scorpion Evo 3

Can do a spring change in under a minute and swapping the inner barrel is a piece of cake on most AEGs (although it is a little more complicated on the Evo)

If you can stretch to a Krytac there's this: http://www.proairsoftsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Krytac-Trident-CRB---Black-KTAEG_TRCRB_BK01.html

The black is available to pre-order but there's a grey version that's virtually black.

• Moderators

in the words of Imtriggerhappy and me, have you looked at ICS???, the EBB ones are great, I have the CXP UK1 and M4 (had to be a commoner and get an M4!!)

end of the day its your decision and how much you want to spend, plus remember the accessories as well, batteries, extra mags etc etc.

in the words of Imtriggerhappy and me, have you looked at ICS?

Count me in on this. Good brand.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.