How long UKARA?

Seany.exe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So it's been nearly a month now for me. Still no email etc.

How long did you guys wait to get your details registered?

I wanna get myself a Gold Match :(

Best thing is to ask whoever you gave it to to put it on the register and see if they have actually done it, if it was a retailer it should be fairly instant, it certainly was way back when I did mine, you may be lucky in what you're looking for too, gold match have been out of stock pretty much everywhere for a while now

So it's been nearly a month now for me. Still no email etc.

How long did you guys wait to get your details registered?

I wanna get myself a Gold Match :(

Just noticed you play at Worthing, is that where you handed your form in? If so there's two people you can ask: Wolfie now deals with taking the forms at Worthing but he gives them to Tasha at Dorking to "Log them in". Are you on Facebook? Pm either of them and ask if the form has been passed on :)

I prodded Wolfie about 2 weeks ago he said he would chase it up. I'll prod him again hopefully it will go through soon.

And yeah i've seen the gold match come into stock and go out of stock at several retailers so far lol. Should be a good pistol haha.

• Moderators

not to upset you but mine was less than 24 hours!.....was all firesupport though so that did help :)

you might save some more money if its delayed longer, trust me! :)

I gave my UKARA to justbbguns and they charged me £10 to do it, it was next day, got e-mails etc.. but should you be charged for this?

Wouldn't buy any from them again, their customer services are rubbish and most of their web stock is always out of stock.

I gave my UKARA to justbbguns and they charged me £10 to do it, it was next day, got e-mails etc.. but should you be charged for this?

Wouldn't buy any from them again, their customer services are rubbish and most of their web stock is always out of stock.

No

• Moderators

no + loads!

Its free, they just took your cash to stick it in an envelope and post it. I asked this question before. Some sites also have an 'admin' fee though so your not the first

It should be only free. My local store will upload your details then and there in front of you! And if thats the case, surely registering your details on UKARA would be instantaneous?

UKARA registered retailers do it online themselves I believe.

UKARA registered sites need to physically get the forms to UKARA or a UKARA retailer.

Bear in mind that when a skirmish site signs you off for UKARA eligibility they're not just sending a form off. They are vouching for your exemption from the offences under section 36 of the VCR Act 2006. The retailer can defend themselves by confirming that you have an active UKARA entry.

Were it ever to go to court, the site operator would have to be able to present player logs from the qualifying events which you attended as well as their own personal testimony that they believed you to be a genuine airsofter.

This will undoubtedly involve the site operator having to seek legal advice/representation at their own cost.

The site operator (as someone mentioned in their post above) may also have to chase your forms up with whichever retailer is supposed to be processing your entry.

I believe this justifies an admin charge levied by the site operator

UKARA is "the register" ...

But yes, if you read the legislation in full the only defence you actually need to buy a RIF is that you are buying it to play airsoft at an organised game with adequate public liability insurance in place.

Sadly a lot of people (particularly the kind who want to buy RIFs for non-airsoft use) are not honest and the burden of proof is on the sellers, as they are the ones who commit an offence if they supply a RIF to someone who has no valid legal reason.

UKARA is very helpful in this regard. For example, have you personally ever checked that the site you play at actually has the correct public liability insurance in place which is essential to a defence under section 37 of the VCR Act? UKARA does with all of its registered sites and requires annual updates for a site to stay active on their database.

You are absolutely correct that a UKARA database entry is not a requirement to buy a RIF, I will happily sell RIFs to regular skirmishers at my sites without them needing it. However, it is the easiest way for retailers to be sure they are not liable for prosecution so it's definitely not "a crock of shit".

Some retailers will add players to the database without their ever having played a game at a ukara registered site, AFAIK the retailer does check up with that site, but in the end money talks.

How can a retailer add a player to the database without a site membership number? Am I missing something?

Are you saying that some retailers may make up a site membership number for my site and add a player to my database entry? Because as far as I was aware retailers can't issue a UKARA number by themselves, that has to be done by a site.

Hooray, came through this morning,

fucking post code is wrong though, they put a D instead of a B, how do i change this?

• Moderators

not that I'm an expert but is there a contact thing on the website or maybe get the shop/site to re-submit?

got mine today

asked for the form, filled it and took it to the shop

girl said i put you on now and you should get it soon

20 min later i got it

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.