TM Scar Vs Krytec CRB?

Snakeeyes75

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all, Right, here's my quandry....

I have a TM Scar L CQC, tbh I'm more of a sniper however occasionally I like to switch back to some full auto action. The Scar is a superb gun, out of the box it's hitting an A4 target at 50 meters so i've been more than happy with it! Add the fact that it had the cool bolt stop and recoil function it's a superb gun! However... The one thing that lets it down is the low fps. It's not about range, it's about the fact that i've lost shots down to people stepping to the side to avoid a BB. The other thing is the trigger response! Although it's pretty good I don't think it's as snappy as a lot of the more modern mosfet fitted AEG's Which brings me on to the:

Krytac CRB. From hearing rave reviews and seeing how good they are out of the box I wondered how they compare in terms of performance? I realize you could say "Well, just put a TBB or a new spring in the Scar and get a Spectre 'Fet fitted" but then that's going to cost a fair bit whilst the CRB would probably just need a new inner barrel and hop rubber? Anyway... That's where I am, views appreciated :)

Guest PT247

The krytac's don't need the internals changing. I have actually gone back to the OE inner barrel on my PDW from a Prometheus and can't tell the difference. I do have a different barrel and bucking in my SPR but that is locked to semi and has 410 fps. My little PDW is seriously good in standard form. I run 0.3g BBs which fly straight and true with the gun completely standard.

The krytac's don't need the internals changing. I have actually gone back to the OE inner barrel on my PDW from a Prometheus and can't tell the difference. I do have a different barrel and bucking in my SPR but that is locked to semi and has 410 fps. My little PDW is seriously good in standard form. I run 0.3g BBs which fly straight and true with the gun completely standard.

What's the accurate range though out of the box?

Guest PT247

Well I have fitted a 9x scope to the PDW which I need to see where the BBs are hitting, not sure if that says how good the range is or just how bad my eyes are lol. If you get your butt to Holmbush you can have a go.

Well I have fitted a 9x scope to the PDW which I need to see where the BBs are hitting, not sure if that says how good the range is or just how bad my eyes are lol. If you get your butt to Holmbush you can have a go.

Hehe, Cheers mate! Yeah, I'd certainbly like to do a side by side somparison between that and the Scar ;) (I was running a 5x scope on that for the same reason)

I love the Krytac concept and I keep eyeing them up, but unlike the SCAR they aren't actually representative of a real world rifle, just AR15 based.

Its something that holds me back.

• Supporters

Yeah because its so important that your toy bb gun is just like the real thing 😞

I think that depends entirely upon perspective. The whole point of our 'skirmisher's defence' is that part of the requirement for the sport is suspension of disbelief, without real looking guns that disappears.

Granted, all the Krytac guns look real enough to pass as maybe a civilian AR, but if you're into collecting replicas of military weapons then the krytac range don't fit the bill.

• Supporters

I think that depends entirely upon perspective. The whole point of our 'skirmisher's defence' is that part of the requirement for the sport is suspension of disbelief, without real looking guns that disappears.

Granted, all the Krytac guns look real enough to pass as maybe a civilian AR, but if you're into collecting replicas of military weapons then the krytac range don't fit the bill.

They look real enough that it doesn't matter. As for suspension of disbelief disaggree with that entirely its airsoft and if people remember its airsoft and only a game its generally more fun for everyone.

Leave being a soldier to the real ones.

• Supporters

They look real enough that it doesn't matter. As for suspension of disbelief disaggree with that entirely its airsoft and if people remember its airsoft and only a game its generally more fun for everyone.

Leave being a soldier to the real ones.

Milsim is still "only airsoft" but the lack of realism in the Krytac would certainly grate on plenty there.

• Supporters

Yes my post count is high and yes its a little bit sad I totally agree.

Never used the words "cool enough" once in this thread, or ever I think so dont see where your coming from.

My point is the Krytac looks real enough for most people so I think its a bit daft worrying about the realism too much when you are using a bb gun.

A lot of my posts are replies or trying to help people out and the odd occasion I feel the need to wind up someone who takes this crap too seriously.

Sorry for having a different opinion Cheesy I forgot yours is the only one that counts. I will try to take it more seriously and forget it's a game and eventually when its no fun anymore I might start to agree with you sometimes.

Until then though I will just carry on smiling and telling everyone to just go have fun and dont take it serious as its just playing with toy guns.

Oh dear! I leave my thread for a day or so and look what happens ;)

You'll be alarmed to hear that I have no clue about a realistic looking gun and TBH I don't care! If someone told me that there was a rubber chicken that spewed BB's from it's mouth at 500fps and could hit a Jaffa cake at 100 meters i'd be the first one in the queue to buy it!

Going back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC lol, What kind of accurate range can be achieved by the Krytac CRB stock?

• Supporters

Oh dear! I leave my thread for a day or so and look what happens ;)

You'll be alarmed to hear that I have no clue about a realistic looking gun and TBH I don't care! If someone told me that there was a rubber chicken that spewed BB's from it's mouth at 500fps and could hit a Jaffa cake at 100 meters i'd be the first one in the queue to buy it!

Going back to the ORIGINAL TOPIC lol, What kind of accurate range can be achieved by the Krytac CRB stock?

50 to 60 metres same as any good aeg. Its got a good inner barrel,hop up and the bucking is probably the best stock bucking out there. More importantly it all goes together very well.

50 to 60 metres same as any good aeg.

Impressive! I'd say my TM Scar can hit 50 (Maybe 60) meters with a bit of lobbing. I need to try one of these things for sure!

Guest PT247

am at Holmbush on Sunday with my PDW, won't have the SPR though as it is having the day off for good behaviour last weekend :-)

You need to chill out. Some people like the guns to be realistic in this controlled country we are not allowed firearms like in the us so to some people it's nice if the weapons we use look like the real thing yes they are classed as a toy and fire BBs but some of us also like them to look the part I myself am one of them. You might not agree and be happy to use an unrealistic gun or a modified nerf gun that's you're choice but no need for a load of stick because he wants one based on a real firearm.

• Supporters

You need to chill out. Some people like the guns to be realistic in this controlled country we are not allowed firearms like in the us so to some people it's nice if the weapons we use look like the real thing yes they are classed as a toy and fire BBs but some of us also like them to look the part I myself am one of them. You might not agree and be happy to use an unrealistic gun or a modified nerf gun that's you're choice but no need for a load of stick because he wants one based on a real firearm.

There wasn't a load of stick I just voiced the opinion that airsoft guns are in no way realistic and that a Krytac is real enough. Its based on the AR15 platform.

If someone doesn't like it then thats wholly their personal choice but anyone who thinks airsoft is in anyway real is slightly delusional.

Wanting nice guns I get but realism in airsoft sorry it doesn't exist.

The OP never asked about realism he asked about how it performs.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.