First Experience...

Verz

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

Appears that you had a good time and like many a typical skirmish day at least 3 fail moments which certainly will not be the last time that happens. Just taking the plunge and making the initial effort is so worthwhile and now you have a taste for the hobby it gets easier to go again or try somewhere new. I started out solo but have met and played alongside some great people through this forum, which has meant also trying different sites. Take your hits and have fun :)

Done all three of those dumb ass moments and many more. You'll get more into the game the more you go and play also there will be no money in the bank soon if you get into it so enjoy having some money while you can because soon it will be in the form of a new gun or equipment. :D

• Supporters

I got lost in the woodland, fell over, stumbled around, ran out of ammo, and yes...got shot at. A lot.

Welcome to airsoft! :)

Glad you enjoyed it. Is your bank account ready? Is it?

I got lost in the woodland, fell over, stumbled around, ran out of ammo, and yes...got shot at. A lot.

Well done, sounds like you have perfected the sport already.

Just 1 more skill to learn before you are a pro. How to tell the story of how you stumbled around the woods completely lost, fell over, ran out of ammo and got shot, to you mates in such a way that it makes you sound like Rambo :D

It's not getting lost in the woods...it's a tactical recon of all the routes to and from respawn.

I've spend many games re-enacting Blair Witch, walking around "I'm so lost...I swear I've seen this tree before...I'm just walking round in circles...HIT!...where's respawn again?"

All in, sounds like a good first game. Good that you found a role that you like as support/medic. Some of the most fun games I've ever had a rarely fired a shot - but getting stuck in another way (medic/ninja/POW) can always be a laugh.

:-)

Glad you had a top time mate, it was good to meet you & next time will hang on to you so you can be on our team. Stick with us and learn from Ewok he's good I'm just his support lol

Catch you on the 2nd for some more tomfoolery ;)

Now you have step foot into the airsoft realm, you will need to accommodate for masses of unneeded equipment and space for two to.. guns.

Here's a saying airsoft told me. "Don't watch your wallet, watch your health. The next day, my money was stolen. It was airsoft"

nah, just joking. Airsoft is real fun.

Enjoy the ride amigo

• Supporters

just n+1 ???

as for getting lost - I still don't know what my local site are referring to when they respawn back at badger base

is that the bit with small ditch - the big ditch next to the fallen tree - what fallen tree there's loads of them down around the place

Where you was attacking the first game...

I didn't make it that far that sneaky f*cker sniper kept picking me off

I'm constantly fumbling my way through airsoft, life, work etc.....

but don't matter as long as the fun continues - that is what counts

Although I have got used to Matlock I am still a sod for wondering off in the wrong direction. I call it Recon surprise tactics.

I'm not joking, getting lost has in some cases got me in great positions to outflank people, I once ended up catching 6 guys off guard & while they were busy shouting "Blue....Were all Blue" and healing each other I just carried on shooting them & ducking back into cover. I had a blast !!!!

Glad you enjoyed your day mate, like I said, we're shooting at black hills this Saturday (any every 2 weeks on Saturday). Drop me a line if you fancy it!

Two things to consider:

1. I noticed the aches and pains for the next few days when I started playing, I've started getting there 10 mins early and doing a lap of the big open area on site with my eye pro on, then a few leg stretches. Everyone laughs at me, but I give no shits, and the morning after I feel right as rain :)

2. If you're after a UKARA number in a rush, I think (correct me if I'm wrong folks) it can only be acquired by skirmishing at the same site no less than 3 times in <some time period, the ;ength of which, I've forgotten> . the bit in bold is a Stupid rule if you ask me, but nobody is asking me :P

Totally misleading Tittle. Very very disappointed! Lol

Damn, sorry mate. But...I'm not quite ready to talk about "that" first experience yet...

Glad you had a top time mate, it was good to meet you & next time will hang on to you so you can be on our team. Stick with us and learn from Ewok he's good I'm just his support lol

Catch you on the 2nd for some more tomfoolery ;)

Definitely, I can't wait!!

Glad you enjoyed your day mate, like I said, we're shooting at black hills this Saturday (any every 2 weeks on Saturday). Drop me a line if you fancy it!

Two things to consider:

1. I noticed the aches and pains for the next few days when I started playing, I've started getting there 10 mins early and doing a lap of the big open area on site with my eye pro on, then a few leg stretches. Everyone laughs at me, but I give no shits, and the morning after I feel right as rain :)

2. If you're after a UKARA number in a rush, I think (correct me if I'm wrong folks) it can only be acquired by skirmishing at the same site no less than 3 times in <some time period, the ;ength of which, I've forgotten> . the bit in bold is a Stupid rule if you ask me, but nobody is asking me :P

I did actually wonder about that. Whether going to different sites counts. But I was unsure about they would go about keeping track. I will definitely like to check out Black Hills, but this weekend is too close. I spent a considerable amount on Saturday and I have also picked up some of my own gear in the past few days. Face protection etc..

I was thinking of hanging in at Matlock until I can get my UKARA and going from there. There are many sites I would like a pop at.

As mentioned it is three games, and he time scale is in no less than two months. Play one game every 3 weeks and your sorted.

Glad you enjoyed it! And dont worry about dumb moments, they are what turns it from a sport we enjoy to a hobby we love! I get lost at least once per game and take on more than one enemy player at once with a near empty mag at least once per game too!

I was thinking of hanging in at Matlock until I can get my UKARA and going from there. There are many sites I would like a pop at.

That's a good plan mate.

As for "dumb" moments' - I've been playing regularly for over a year now, and just the other week i managed to split my combats from crotch to arse, exposing some tighty whiteys. In the same motion I was throwing a smoke grenade, the grenade left my hand, landed over a hill, and a minute later the Marshall had to call a cease fire because it had started a bush fire. We all have our off moments ;)

Every time I go I have an off moment. This time I ran into the middle of a fire fight......Right into the middle of it, I just got mowed down in the cross fire....... :wacko:

Most moths I end up on my arse

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.