WE G17 Upgrades

Hef Legend

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Evening all,

I'm considering upgrading my WE G17 and was wondering what you guys would suggest upgrade wise?

I'm looking for a snappier response and durability. Range and accuracy wise, I'm guessing the Maple leaf barrel, hop unit and bucking is a good shout.

I've not personally upgraded a GBB pistol before, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

• Supporters

Depends if you have a WE or a TM... different bits are of different quality on each gun.

Also, when you say 'upgrade' what aspect of the gun's performance or aesthetics do you want to improve? Range, kick, cycle speed, gas efficiency? Some of them are mutually exclusive!

Depends if you have a WE or a TM... different bits are of different quality on each gun.

Also, when you say 'upgrade' what aspect of the gun's performance or aesthetics do you want to improve? Range, kick, cycle speed, gas efficiency? Some of them are mutually exclusive!

It's a WE and I've edited my post :)

• Supporters

upgrades you've listed for accuracy will definitely help.

For snapper response you need to lose weight on the slide and match your recoil spring to the new weight. AIP make a REALLY good lightweight BBU and there's tonnes of lightweight aluminium slides available for the WE G17. On top of that, a good nozzle & piston head combo will really help, again I recommend AIP for both.

Documentary on trigger discipline for girlfriend - that's an upgrade right?

Lol this in anyway related to her performance at the Mall :)

• Supporters

I’ve upgraded my WE G17. It now has a Maple Leaf barrel with a monster hop rubber, WE competition trigger, Guarder enhanced recoil spring. Also changed the slide and outer barrel. It’s range now is ridiculous compared to what it was and the accuracy is ok nothing to rave about but damn better than it was.

Before

download_zpsz4k73pcu.jpg

AFTER

IMAG0888_zpsq2vbbag1.jpg

IMAG0887_zpskhivfehu.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.