Question/Advise weapon of choice?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

Im new on the airsoft scene so my general knowledge is not great on guns etc.

All i am asking is i have played a couple few times with my mates guns and played more of a choke point holder with a semi auto weapon hiding and just picking people off as they come.

so i am looking to buy my own weapon either being a gas or AEG weapon for anything up to £150 budget wise for a gun.

What do people think i should get and best place to get it from im located in UK , Kent (South east)

i can either order online and get delivered or go to a local shop if there is one.

• Supporters

AEG for first gun

G&G Combat Machine if you like M4's

(well they also an AK in that range)

read Ian's guide to noobism in new players section for loads of great - no brilliant info

have a look of possible guns - G&G, ICS, Cyma, JG etc....

compose a list of possibles and we can give you our thoughts on pro's n con's

r u 18 ?

are you getting defense/ukara or two tone

• Supporters

if ya 18 and played a few games then get ukara

then at Airsoft World a good consideration is a 30th edition GC 16

http://www.airsoftworld.net/g-g-gc16-30th-anniversary-limited-edition-aeg-airsoft-rifle-black.html

but tbh there are loads and loads of options - that is just say 1 of about 5 G&G M4's that are nice

get ukara - if you are 18 played a few times then it would be daft to get a 2-tone

have a look and read up - compose a list and like I said we can tell you pro's n cons of each one

CYMA M4A1 AEG Airsoft Rifle (CM010) G&G Combat Machine Raider - Desert Short Airsoft Rifle G&G Combat Machine Raider - Desert, Long Airsoft Rifle

CYMA M4 Carbine AEG Airsoft Rifle (CM018)

G&G GC4 G26 30th Anniversary Limited Edition AEG Airsoft Rifle - Black G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary Limited Edition AEG Airsoft Rifle - Dark Earth G&G Combat Machine CM18 MOD1 - Black / Dark Earth AGM M4A1 RIS AEG Airsoft Rifle (032) G&G GC16 MOD0 30th Anniversary Limited Edition AEG Airsoft Rifle - Black

CYMA M4 RAS II - Mk18 - AEG Airsoft Rifle (CM005)

There the possible weapons id like to purchase, i can always buy a rubbish as to say "Test" rifle to learn how to Modify things then implement them into my Main rifle.

pros and cons? starting to think i possibly would like something with good accuracy at range and effective to play with in a ghillie suit as thats what i normally wear to games. aslo peoples recommended sight for the given weapon? chances are what feedback i get now i will probably buy.

• Supporters

there just ideas need some feedback on what people think i should get.

Do a bit of research yourself and narrow down your field of choice.

Google Ukara so you know and understand the laws on purchasing a rif.

Try to figure out how you really want to play because lying on the floor in a wookie suit will get boring very quickly.

When you have done this come back and ask for pros and cons of your weapon choice.(try and keep it to 3ish)

Hi I am fairly new too I got a G&G CM16 raider and it's good enough and versatile enough for most needs. I like it because its reliable and is currently taking a beating rather well. If your wanting more range latter down the line there are a whole list of things you can do to it. Happy hunting.

• Head Moderator

I would advise you to buy the best quality gun that you can afford, so that it plays well straight from the box with no modifications required. That way you can go to a skirmish on a more equal footing rather than buy a gun of less quality and then have to keep spending money to fix/upgrade it. Then if you really want to modify it you can at a later date. Start with a conventional AEG, you can still dress like a bush but with the flexibility to get stuck in up close, or play a CQB site, without the Minimum Engagement Distace penalty of a DMR or sniper rifle.

Play your 3 games to get site membership and a valid defence. While you are waiting to get your defence do some research and think about what guns you like and narrow down your options so that after the 2 months you are prepared. Do not bother with a two-tone but buy a RIF, and register with UKARA if you want to.

I agree with Jedi will save you money in the long run. Buy the best you can afford even if it means you can't do anything to it for a while you will still have a good base weapon.

What do people think i should get and best place to get it from im located in UK , Kent (South east)

i can either order online and get delivered or go to a local shop if there is one.

Wolf Armouries, in Camden, is your best bet for a shop (that I know of).

Generally, I get everything I need online. There's a lot of info on here about which retailers are good to deal with, who to avoid (Don't ever buy anything from any website like JustBBGuns - you'll be broke and have nothing to show for it "allegedly"). If your not sure if someone is legit/worthwhile - we've all been buying for a long time so someone will able to help.

With a few exceptions (TaiwanGuns) it's a good idea to keep purchasing within the UK. Customs can be a nightmare.

But, as mentioned, get yourself UKARA first so you don't have to run around with a Blue Monster 😃

Where in Kent are you? There's a few good sites down this way, so be good to get to know people who are local to you so you don't walk into a game totally alone!

• Supporters

Surplus Store in Crawley is another

either shop or when you go to a local site be inquisitive and nosey and oooh that looks nice....

people love to show off their guns so you may even get a chance to hold and take a few shots with a gun you like look of

just avoid JBBG and sites with BB in their names selling crap to younger players or complete idiots (like moi - I bought some crap from there so avoid)

Wolf Armouries, in Camden, is your best bet for a shop (that I know of).

Generally, I get everything I need online. There's a lot of info on here about which retailers are good to deal with, who to avoid (Don't ever buy anything from any website like JustBBGuns - you'll be broke and have nothing to show for it "allegedly"). If your not sure if someone is legit/worthwhile - we've all been buying for a long time so someone will able to help.

With a few exceptions (TaiwanGuns) it's a good idea to keep purchasing within the UK. Customs can be a nightmare.

But, as mentioned, get yourself UKARA first so you don't have to run around with a Blue Monster

Where in Kent are you? There's a few good sites down this way, so be good to get to know people who are local to you so you don't walk into a game totally alone!

Wolf is at the bottom, of the good airsoft retailers. Hopefully though their new website will help them. Their customer service is a consistent FUFUFUFUFUFUFU. After zero one. Unless you deal face to face, dont bother with Wolf.

Wolf is at the bottom, of the good airsoft retailers. Hopefully though their new website will help them. Their customer service is a consistent FUFUFUFUFUFUFU. After zero one. Unless you deal face to face, dont bother with Wolf.

I normally give up using their website, but been in a few times to the actual store.

Not the most friendly people I've ever met, but they seem to know what their talking about.

Always found it's a good place to go to handle potential guns and get a feel for them (and then buy then cheaper online 😕...)

I used to buy a lot of gear from Z1 back in the day and I never had any problems with them. I've heard some bad reviews about them recently though.

Bit peeved about their extortion on P&P at the moment. They wanted £7 P&P for a mask that only cost £15!

Stupidly, I still paid it rather than ebay-ing and risking getting a cheap n nasty knock-off with no protection :-/

I agree Wolf armouries definetly at the bottom not very helpful or friendly. Platoon stores in Rochester were great when I went there on Saturday.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.