Rainbow8.com

Sacarathe

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 2 weeks later...

How reliable is there stock list.  This says in description to be in stock.  But the red tab on the right says it isnt

Screenshot_20190207-154357.png

• 1 month later...

Bought from this site multiple times. Solid place to buy. If you buy a bunch of small parts, they will usually list as a gift and it'll get through customs :)

£100 worth of stuff to be listed a £5 gift LMAO.

My new "go-to" for parts.

I only bought once from them.  A pistol and I did have to pay import tax.  Good service and quite fast to arrive.

It worked out slightly cheaper than from UK.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I just tried to order from them. Put the UK and my postcode into the shipping calculator and got "Sorry, we do not ship to this destination"???

I this just me?

I've ordered other stuff from AIP and they said there is no airfreight to the UK at the moment only surface transport 6-8 weeks.

They’ve emailed me to explain that there is a temporary suspension of services to the UK via Hong Kong post so they can’t dispatch orders

Fingers crossed it’s rescinded soon

There are a few threads on the general subject.

New regulations are in place since January for international imports.

Not just connected to Brexit and Covid disruption 

Any foreign seller exporting to the UK needs to register with HMRC and handle UK VAT on sales up to £135

Sales above that will be handled at customs as was normal for non EU

A seller will have to deal with an admin headache if they export to the UK from now on

Currently they could have to deal with grumpy customers for delayed packages 

They may or may not want to deal with the UK in the future 

Its up to you whether to wait and see, or start contacting UK retailers and see if they have what you want or will

start bringing the items in via their wholesalers 

Buy Blitish

28A0FE46-F9E1-4C9E-BC0D-F100D3B6AFE9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.  Sub £135, the retailer will charge you the extra VAT.  Over £135 and it's just like ordering from the US/Japan/outside of EU pre Brexit - you run the risk of customs catching it and getting VAT, duty and a clearance charge.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.