MP5K Rail/Flashlight

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning all,

Looking for abit of help. I just got myself a WE MP5K and would now like to put some sort of red dot sight on it. What im stuck on is what rail do i need?

I figure its a picatinny rail but one that sits as low as possible. Any idea where I can pick one of these up? I just cant find one.

Also, any ideas on how i could get a flashlight on it, somewhere around the handguard?

Cheers

You can use the claw type of mount that is used on an MP5. These machine pistols have a channel and the claw type clamps down on that when you tighten the screw.

Some have a rail on top for a red dot and another rail to each side for a laser or torch.

I use an Aimpoint T1 on mine.

I've got an mp5k front rail system I'm about to put in the sales area too

I need to get a torch to fit to my rail system would like one with strobe and pressure switch anyone got any recommendations?

Just think it will be useful and will dazzle the enemy will also be useful for night events and to stop people's advantage of night vision lol.

I guess there's no treat others' how you would like to be treated in airsoft. :P

I find strobe is more of a "I'M OVER HERE" than "I'll blind you I will!"

I've bought two cheap flashlights for airsoft and the only thing I don't like about them is that they always strobe if you don't press the light switch for long enough - I don't bloody need rescuing in the basement of a shopping centre!

Lol Well it will do until I bite the bullet and buy proper NVG lol. Also I can't put cheap things on my guns they have to have the best bits lol.

• Supporters

You again. :D

Did I mean "cheap" or "best"? :unsure::wacko:

Cheap doesn't always mean "good value" though. I'm about to look at buying genuine Surefire pad switches because almost every single element or night evolution one I've had has failed.

If something is cheaper and works well that's fine but what I'm saying is I don't mind paying for good accessories I'm a bit of a tart I know. Always been like it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get hold of a top rail and fitted a red dot sight, looks like I might have to change up the gun abit if I want to fit a flashlight. Might look into getting a smaller sight.

vCrFI40.jpg?1

• Supporters

I screwed a section of MOE foregrip rail to the side of my MP5K foregrip so I could fit a torch. Works well with the small scout type lights.

I screwed a section of MOE foregrip rail to the side of my MP5K foregrip so I could fit a torch. Works well with the small scout type lights.

Have you got a pic so I can see what you've done, might be an option for me.

Cheers

• Supporters

Have you got a pic so I can see what you've done, might be an option for me.

Cheers

I'll try and get one later.

This is my preferred light mount, it clamps round the foresight, good luck finding one though. IIRC it was made by Laylax, however there are other similar mount that clamp to the foresight and have a regular mount ring on them, without the shield on mine.

9C4E0CFF-C12D-478F-872A-8B5466B4E7E1_zps

[url=http://s85.photobucket.com/user/crewgadjy/media/Temp/23F4F684-667A-4583-9C5A-C87ADA17368E_zpsje4jyvnm.jpg.html]23F4F684-667A-4583-9C5A-C87ADA17368E_zps[/

URL]

Heres a similar one, pricey though.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/506694-REG/Pelican_0610_000_110_Front_Sight_Mount_for.html

Edited by BigAl

• Supporters

For my MP5 I mount an Olight M1X. That torch gives around 190 meters range and 1000 lumens at its max mode.

Do you use pressure pad when using torches?

<snip>

Is that torch mounted to a toy Mp5??

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.