Gear tec

K@rl

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just an open question to gear tech that some people on here may find useful. Where are you based? I know you are selling rifs but what about servicing, upgrades, etc? If so would you take guns in the post? What kind of work can you do?

Sorry if this isn't ur reason for being on here.

Hi Karl. I'm based up in the North East, just outside Middlesbrough. We also have an outlet in Essex where our techs are based who are able to do any internal works and upgrades.

Also if you buy a gun from us not only can we mod it internally but if it was one you wanted spraying the paint job is considerably cheaper as part of the deal.

• Supporters

Thats great.

Hey mods if I start a tech service can I use the forum for free advertising too?

I will get Lozart involved I build them he sprays them maybe Rock-climby-Dave can get patrolbase to supply them?

Dont mean to sound bitchy but the painting service thing was ok as a niche market service but now it's a fully fledged business starting new threads all over the place.

How about Firesupport and Proairsoft supplies start selling guns on here?

Will send them an email to let them know its open season.

Thats great.

Hey mods if I start a tech service can I use the forum for free advertising too?

I will get Lozart involved I build them he sprays them maybe Rock-climby-Dave can get patrolbase to supply them?

Dont mean to sound bitchy but the painting service thing was ok as a niche market service but now it's a fully fledged business starting new threads all over the place.

This is exactly how I feel too. Not a $1b platform, not zero one.

Thats great.

Sorry trigger but he didn't start I did. Was in awere that I was to close to the rules. I do apologise to gear tech and anyone else who is offended.

My thought was that there are a lot of people on here and since Facebook "closed" there are a lot more. And I thoight that gear tech could be a good long term addition on here.

May be there could be a new section. Where private techs can offer there services? Unsure how large a business gear tech has but anythin that improves our access to equipment and knowledge is a good thing, yes?

Or even better how about a section were people can offer there projects out for advice/work.

Mods please feel free to lock/close thread but this would have no bearing on gear tech. He only answered my questions.

May be there could be a new section. Where private techs can offer there services? Unsure how large a business gear tech has but anythin that improves our access to equipment and knowledge is a good thing, yes?

Or even better how about a section were people can offer there projects out for advice/work.

Mods please feel free to lock/close thread but this would have no bearing on gear tech. He only answered my questions.

Funny, I suggested the very same only yesterday. Sponsors first, everybody else second.

Great minds. It would have to be done carefully So not to end up as zero.

I think making people pay for open adivertising would detract from the community feel. I was more thinking regular posters who may want to offer there years of experience for a small fee. Most do it because they want to anyway.

If tech business want to they should be able to advertise with one post sorted by region.

Yes I am one for trial and error. Aslong as the errors are quickly spotted and resolved.

• Supporters

K@rl I have no issue with people trying to get ahead but this forum is meant to be mainly for players and the occasional bedroom tech/seller.

But geartech sounds like a proper business talking about different outlets.

I know we have other firms chucking the occasional add on here but Geartech has put 10 sales adverts for guns up in a week. All offering warranties which means they are being sold as a product not as private sales.

I wish him all the best for his business just don't want the forums to turn into freeads for companies.

When I started the post i was unsure how big his business was. I totally agree trigger hope my previous post make it clear but if not. It's "bedroom" techs I want to see be able to openly offer there services to anyone.

However I do think there could be a section where business to leave a "business card" but one that can't be posted on or updated. If you cant find a bedroom tech or want to use someone that can offer a warrantie against there work you would be able to get there details on here.

However I do think there could be a section where business to leave a "business card" but one that can't be posted on or updated. If you cant find a bedroom tech or want to use someone that can offer a warrantie against there work you would be able to get there details on here.

You psychic what?

You could always do what some other forums do and offer a shop section for business to post for sales adds and advertise other products. Pay the forum a set amount for a yearly subscription. Not all retailers would be bothered to and are quiet happy, and are big enough to be able to get by with web site sales. However for busnisess like myself it is a good way to make ourselves known and for the community to see the kinds of services we offer.

• Supporters

You could always do what some other forums do and offer a shop section for business to post for sales adds and advertise other products. Pay the forum a set amount for a yearly subscription. Not all retailers would be bothered to and are quiet happy, and are big enough to be able to get by with web site sales. However for busnisess like myself it is a good way to make ourselves known and for the community to see the kinds of services we offer.

A sub section would be a good idea but even so a link to your own website would be fine just the 10 sales threads is a bit much.

The classifieds are for private sales not for businesses to take over.

A sub section would be a good idea but even so a link to your own website would be fine just the 10 sales threads is a bit much.

The classifieds are for private sales not for businesses to take over.

No intention of taking over and I've been told there were traders before that took the p**s a little. The web site is still under construction, I have one live but its a little raw. Got a young gentleman building a proper one. It would be a shame if small businesses like myself couldn't interact more with the community. Was working really well on FB until the latest changes. Went from a complete unknown on there to having great feedback, was hoping to do the same on the forums and this one came recommended from someone.

I'll have a word. We do try to bring the best deals we can and are usually cheaper than anyone else in the UK. Not much wiggle room on pistols sometimes and the odd assault rifle we get caught out on. Won't find better deals on support guns.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.