Wolverine Bolt

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

Does look pretty fascinating, yeh. Seems they're using an internal reservoir as an expansion chamber, which is a good idea.

just watched a vid on the WRAITH, the VSR version will fit in the stock of the gun! :-)

Can you link us? :)

Edit:

Two additional small worries: The first is that now - and this probably should have been obviously later - the system isn't really as waterproof as a purely pneumatic one anymore. Admittedly you can do a huge amount to mitigate this, but my primary worry is just moisture collecting in the stock and shorting something close to the battery. I'd argue that snipers spend a little more time closer to the ground and puddles or just sitting in one position in the rain.

My second worry was just how the trigger actuates - it's now electric, which means the 'break' could be mushy like a lot of AEGs. Gunna have to wait and see on this one though.

Guest PT247

Two additional small worries: The first is that now - and this probably should have been obviously later - the system isn't really as waterproof as a purely pneumatic one anymore. Admittedly you can do a huge amount to mitigate this, but my primary worry is just moisture collecting in the stock and shorting something close to the battery. I'd argue that snipers spend a little more time closer to the ground and puddles or just sitting in one position in the rain.

My second worry was just how the trigger actuates - it's now electric, which means the 'break' could be mushy like a lot of AEGs. Gunna have to wait and see on this one though.

I've never had a single issue with batteries in the largest downpours in all my AEGs, some front and some rear wired, even had a battery out the side on one AEG in a cloth pistol pouch. I honestly have never had an issue with moisture in my stock on the VSR either although if it had a CO2 bulb that needed changing mid game in the pouring rain it might get a little moisture in it but with around 150 shots I'd seldom need to change the bulb in most games I play anywhere but in the safezone.

As with the trigger, it is a microswitch so I imagine it'd be just like the trigger pull on an AEG fitted with a BTC Spectre. Hopefully it'd have a solid click to it so you could rest on the break point.

Something that does concern me from the vids I've seen of the BOLT system in a gun is that it will fire weather cocked or not so would need a safety catch fitted (mine currently has no safety as running the Laylax Zero Trigger), but by the looks of it I'll need to refit the OE TM trigger as the BOLT system requires a 45' trigger so should get the safety catch back.

• Root Admin

Sounds good. I have seen many cheap Wells etc. with water-ridden stocks because of the cracks in them. The TM VSRs are much better and some brands are poop. Either way, properly shrouded cable shouldn't have any issues but you still wouldn't want to submerge it I guess. Though how often does that happen in airsoft anyway.

• Supporters

I wonder if the line will be possible to swap out for a more flexible one or if by the time it is in production it has a different set up.

I'm intrigued by that from an engineering standpoint. Surely ANY 6mm ID airline could be used assuming it is rated sufficiently highly and doesn't kink easily? Or even fit a reducer and use a smaller bore pipe?

• Supporters

Yeh, a 6mm macro just won't flex properly: I meant that one is going to have to convert it to 4mm at most. Believe me, I tried a 6mm line in the SDiK to get a bit more CO2 into the line.

What about a braided line?

Guest PT247

there are plenty of flexible hose that can take the pressure but are not necessarily going to be durable for the roughty toughty airsoft environment. I believe the hose used in fish tanks can take the pressure and is very flexible but it would tear very easily and damage. I may be mistaken but in the vids of this BOLT kit it looks to me like the macro is in sections with shorter more flexible sections to allow it to be shaped/flexed, anyone else see that from them?

edit: braided line could work but would add cost

• Root Admin

The problem here is that 6mm macro is never going to be flexible enough to allow you to coil it up in the stock and remove the Wraith. This is a problem for installation only really, but we'll see.

4mm is fine and is what the SDiK uses already but it comes out of the system as a 4mm line, which is what allows you to use it with zero triggers and other 90o triggers as it can run down where the sear used to be. The Bolt is confined to a 6mm line and I'm sure why they did that because it doesn't need that volume. Would have been marginally more clever to have an adapter to fit the 6mm QDs on the end that was removable to leave a 4mm line. I dunno.

What about a braided line?

I'm not sure what you mean? :) Braided lines are just rubber lines with material ontop of them to stop them getting cut on stuff or kinking, but at the cost of some flexibility.

• Supporters

I'm not sure what you mean? :) Braided lines are just rubber lines with material ontop of them to stop them getting cut on stuff or kinking, but at the cost of some flexibility.

Nylon braided line as used on things like airbrush hoses allow a more flexible line with the added benefit of not kinking.

• Root Admin

I've never seen these. Do you have a link?

Intrinsically is the point of the braiding not to be to withstand pressure but instead to be a protective shield and to stop it kinking though? I don't see how nylon braiding adds flexibility.

Guest PT247

on a motorcycle brake line rubber stretches when pressurised making the brakes less effective, they are braided to stop them being able to swell which gives a more consistent feel. With this in mind an HPA rig with the reg on the bottle and a line to the gun having it braided would be a possible advantage on consistency. So WRT the BOLT it should also help with that but in a lesser extent as the line is much shorter if running CO2 in the stock.

It would also protect from damage allowing a softer more flexible inner hose but as Proffrink stated, it would add stiffness to the hose so destroy the point of using the more flexible hose.

Guest PT247

I've never seen these. Do you have a link?

Intrinsically is the point of the braiding not to be to withstand pressure but instead to be a protective shield and to stop it kinking though? I don't see how nylon braiding adds flexibility.

BOLT%20hose_zpsa75zzfky.jpg

• Root Admin

If you guys can see this: https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpf1/v/t42.1790-2/13019791_1021817114531197_359438378_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjcwOSwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic2QifQ%3D%3D&oh=e100ee8697b7604a683146fe70092407&oe=5711C422

4mm macro as I'd hoped. Wonder how they connect it up though.

If this has better gas efficiency than the SDiK then it'll be very promising indeed.

I don't see the ever important tournament lock, but the angle isn't brilliant.

Archived