Wolverine Bolt

proffrink
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So essentially.......an SDIK direct clone? lol

Albeit with what looks like a standard line as opposed to the 4mm one.

This could be good depending on price and if it allows the use of standard cylinder heads. I know some people have had issues with the SDIK cylinder head and some hop units.

• Supporters

So essentially.......an SDIK direct clone? lol

Albeit with what looks like a standard line as opposed to the 4mm one.

This could be good depending on price and if it allows the use of standard cylinder heads. I know some people have had issues with the SDIK cylinder head and some hop units.

Just noticed that it's only for the VSR, shame, SDiK have a much bigger market seeing as it can fit almost any popular sniper out there.

• Root Admin

Standard 6mm macro is very, very bad planning - you don't need that sort of air volume, but it will interfere massively with people's triggers and make installing a stock CO2 and regular nearly impossible. Not sure what they were thinking there because now you absolutely are committed to having an external regulator running out through the bottom of the stock.

The positive I see is how the line is routed infront trigger properly because the SDiK ones seems a little Heath Robinson, but it works fine. Wolverine's offering seems a little more sturdy. Again though, that 6mm line means routing it through the stock into a removable regulator going to be nearly impossible given how rigid 6mm is.

Second issue I see is price: It comes in a cylinder and they will certainly be charging money for that (unlike the SDiK which is a straight drop-in to stock parts). Hm, it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Looks very cool! Looks like they've made a nice clean 4mm-6mm fitting for people who run HPA (Like myself), also looks like they've sorted the flimsy cylinder head and bolt stopper with CNC machined parts.

Yeh, but why run HPA on a sniper rifle when CO2 will get you through 60-80 shots and doesn't get in the way? Bonkers to not offer both options.

The Wolverine can be run on both as far as I know, Looks like it's designed for use with it's own "Wraith" Stock regulator setup. Also, It's a solenoid powered unit so it requires a battery. In regards to running an HPA tank, I have a smalll tank on my back that saves me having to swap bulbs out half way through a game. I know it;s not very "Sniperish" but some games I'm rapid firing as much as I can do! I'm actually waiting for my Tanaka to turn up which is for a completey different kind of game play but my VSR SDIK can now hold it's own against most opponents!

• Root Admin

Aye, it can, but you can't fit that 'Wraith' CO2 unit into the stock as removing it to access the bulb or to adjust it would be impossible with the line connected (and folding the line like you can with the SDiK is impossible as it's a 6mm macro). That makes it damn near impossible to get a clean finish like you can with an SDiK. I mean you can't even tell that mine has an SDiK kit in it from the outside. HPA sounds good though, but I'd have just thought most people would prefer a more manoeuvrable sniper rifle as changing hands is quite easy to fire around trees. How do you find having a tank and line?

Aye, it can, but you can't fit that 'Wraith' CO2 unit into the stock as removing it to access the bulb or to adjust it would be impossible with the line connected (and folding the line like you can with the SDiK is impossible as it's a 6mm macro). That makes it damn near impossible to get a clean finish like you can with an SDiK. I mean you can't even tell that mine has an SDiK kit in it from the outside. HPA sounds good though, but I'd have just thought most people would prefer a more manoeuvrable sniper rifle as changing hands is quite easy to fire around trees. How do you find having a tank and line?

For the first few games it was a bit cumbersome, however I realized that if you put the tank in a belt pouch it hangs low and the line gets in the way. I've now got a Viper Lazer pack (Backpack) so the line is higher and doesn't snag on branches and twigs. It takes a bit of getting used too, I still have the wuick release so if I want to swap to a pistol I can still do that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Interesting, be nice to see if anyone ever does a comparison test, price included.

I hope that Wolverine knows about Mancraft and charge accordingly

• 2 weeks later...

Price with cylinder: 364 Eur/£290

SDiK: £100.

Note that neither price includes a regulator.

I think SDIK is still the winner, tried and tested, no battery, easy CO2 in the stock, cheaper, simple drop in too.

• Root Admin

I'd agree that the SDiK does look better on paper simply because of the price. The Bolt brings nothing new to the table except a fairly reputable brand, but Mancraft have already proven that they can make a quality product so that's a little moot.

Plus there's the whole dumb grip line thing.

I'd agree that the SDiK does look better on paper simply because of the price. The Bolt brings nothing new to the table except a fairly reputable brand, but Mancraft have already proven that they can make a quality product so that's a little moot.

The battery would be my concern too, a lipo potentially leaking into the guns internals or being a pain in the ass to change etc

Guest PT247

What is the grip line thing?

The battery would be my concern too, a lipo potentially leaking into the guns internals or being a pain in the ass to change etc

Does the battery in an AEG worry you the same way?

I suppose. Though an electric solenoid may mean slightly better gas consumption. I guess we'll have to reserve judgement.

The gas consumption is suggested around 150 shots at 2j which if correct is certainly skirmishable. They are also designing a specific version of the WRAITH to go with this which hopefully will fit in the stock along with the reg.

edit: the vid I meant to post is the one Samurai posted below....

• Root Admin

The gas consumption thing sounds very interesting, but we'll have to see. Right now my SDiK can put out 2.2J about 75 times before it begins to drop, so that's a really marked improvement. I'd be curious to know what barrel they were using though, because I'm using a 433mm 6.13mm.

The stock bit I'm also interested to see. I suppose it depends on the Wraith's dimensions and how easy it really is to remove the rear of it to reinsert a bulb. I've seen a couple of videos, but cradling it in such a way that it wouldn't just rotate is something I'd quite like to see.

Honestly it does look very interesting. £280 interesting I'm really not sure.

Guest PT247

I wonder if the line will be possible to swap out for a more flexible one or if by the time it is in production it has a different set up.

• Root Admin

I've edited my post because - on the 45o trigger at least - it seems like routing the macro to the stock - even a 6mm one - would actually be quite easy. A Zero trigger or any 90o trigger is likely going to cause a real problem, but we're assuming that's not the case because you don't need one. There's still the issue of joining it up in the stock though, and I'm really not sure how you could do that. If the Wraith needs to be removable then that's an impossible task as 6mm just won't flex, and using a 4mm could mean potential problems with getting the right Joule output as the macro line on something like this basically acts as the expansion chamber. Probably not something you couldn't compromise for though.

I realise one big selling point of the Wraith is how it doesn't need to be moved and how easy it is to switch bulbs. That will be the real tell here - just how easy it is to install. If it has a push fitting then it's possible you could just line it up and then push it into the stock and onto the line, but more likely I think people may have to in some way install the line with the receiver out so they can line it up from both ends. Removing the Wraith in the middle of shooting just isn't going to be able to happen with that 6mm macro. A push fitting adapter may fix this but those things always leak after a while - especially if they're being constantly pushed and pulled as the Wraith is removed and replaced in the stock.

A lot of questions basically. Honestly I'm happy to reserve judgement because the solenoid has real potential to fix the efficiency niggle of the SDiK.

Archived