A noob and maybe too Old

mart1968
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

So i guess i use google to find any sites in my area in Surrey, or is there a list somewhere ?

mmm tried to paste the link and once again ,something stopping me, just google airsoftmap (Airbana), its kinda accurate!, although one site near me I don't think ever existed....

then tried to type with colour text and it did it backwards.....mmmm !! !naem i tahw si siht ,ee​s.... anyone got a mirror

hahaha

I think I have an old scope knocking around. Never used it myself, came as part of a second hand DMR.

3-9x mag if I remember correctly. Has mounts etc too.

Let me know if your interested and I can dig it out. Only be after £20 for it.

Edit; link to relevant sales thread

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29123-3-9x40-scope-ris-mount/?fromsearch=1

I think I have an old scope knocking around. Never used it myself, came as part of a second hand DMR.

3-9x mag if I remember correctly. Has mounts etc too.

Let me know if your interested and I can dig it out. Only be after £20 for it.

Edit; link to relevant sales thread

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/29123-3-9x40-scope-ris-mount/?fromsearch=1

Thanks, but i'v ordered some mounts off amazon

No worries.

If you do want a cheap scope for use in game - so not to risk a decent (expensive?) one, just PM me. I can't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Welcome to the sport and the forums btw.

Your never to old to play. Your only as old as you feel ... Which in my case is about 100yrs old some days ;-)

Im 54 and Ive just spent the day on a 100 acre site in Hertfordshire going up and down hills all day and I wasnt the only old age airsofter. We had a couple of guys keeping up with the young 'uns.

Obviously its more about physical condition than age but I find adrenaline masks a lot of aches and pains (until the next day anyway).

We ambushed a vehicle convoy, fast and aggresively, with lots of shouting. They had the chance to surrender but came out of the vehicles with guns up, so everybody got slotted. The adrenaline highs are awesome.

Dont worry if you have physical limitations, there is always a way round it.

I find milsims more suitable for my age than skirmishes because I can work round any physical limits like being knackered at the end of the day by concentrating on the planning, working radios, sniping, support gunning etc.

I'm 28 and my body is fucked. Bad knees bad back and fat but you can easily adjust your play to suit. I prefer outdoor games to CQB because often in CQB you have a time limit to get a bomb or something so you need to be quick. Outdoors you can slow it down and work your way to objectives. If you struggle physically you can always have a rest by defending your base.

My dad's 60 and his starting soon but will be a sniper he said his not running around. I'm 34 and I don't run unless I really have to lol.

My dad's 60 and his starting soon but will be a sniper he said his not running around. I'm 34 and I don't run unless I really have to lol.

Makes you easy to sneak up on Ben!

• 1 month later...

i only started in February last year , i'm 51 now and love it i've got a dodgy knee after two ops but its great , i suffer a bit the next few days after a game but i wouldn't stop now , once you've got the bug it can get expensive , my collection in just over a year amounts to four assault rifles , three pistols , various amounts of rigs and accessories , luckily i've got a man cave in the loft where i can hide it from the wife !!

We set up a theme of games called Okto Eight because we were seeing lots of players in their forties and fifties who didnt want to skirmish with children, wanted something a bit more realistic along milsim lines and for a variety of reasons, couldnt do hard core 36 hour milsim games at an MOD training ground.

We had no idea what we were starting. We now have a lot of middle aged regular players who throw themselves into it and come and play for a weekend two or three times a year. We have a regular following and many members cant make every one, but they come when they want. Some even book into a hotel for the Saturday night and go back to a nice fluffy bed after the barbeque once ENDEX is sounded.

Its been so successful, its also attracted a lot of youngsters who like the Eastern bloc theme.

If you grow up, youre dead !

We had no idea what we were starting. We now have a lot of middle aged regular players who throw themselves into it and come and play for a weekend two or three times a year. We have a regular following and many members cant make every one, but they come when they want. Some even book into a hotel for the Saturday night and go back to a nice fluffy bed after the barbeque once ENDEX is sounded.

Yeah that's me, no one else does this they usually all camp out! On the MDF team we have made it a bit of tradition to also grab a chinese takeout on the saturday night. After all that running around we need to refresh the energy levels.

and me mucker. Ive done enough camping out and sleeping rough or going without sleep. If theres a soft bed going, Im in it.

I have nothing to prove to myself anymore and Im at an age where I dont give a FF what others think.

Well I am 68 and far too old to go skirmishing. I own several air rifles and bb guns but wanted to try something different. I shoot at an indoor range but I don't think they do airsoft. I bought a Thompson sub machine gun it's fun I don't need a ukarc because its 2 tone and great fun in garden target shooting and full auto is amazing...

Well I am 68 and far too old to go skirmishing. I own several air rifles and bb guns but wanted to try something different. I shoot at an indoor range but I don't think they do airsoft. I bought a Thompson sub machine gun it's fun I don't need a ukarc because its 2 tone and great fun in garden target shooting and full auto is amazing.

Sorry not two tone just some clear plastic parts and wood grip and stock, cheap yes but fun too..

Archived