A noob and maybe too Old

mart1968
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all,

Being that i'm 47 am i too old for airsoft, i used to shoot small bore and air rifles but gave it up because of the expense.

Seeing airsoft on youtube (sorry) i thought it might be something i could take up seeing that the price for 5000 bb's is about £9

when it was costing me £9 for 50 .22 lr match ammo.

I have looked at many clubs online in my area (Surrey) but they all seem to be the same, ie No target shooting . As i have two bad legs and my

running about the woods are now over for me

Do airsoft clubs have ranges to shoot targets,tin cans or is that a pipe dream

Regards

Mart

None that I'm aware of around surrey, you'll need to kit yourself up as a sniper and stalk the prey. Or your back garden

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Age is a mindset, l still think I am in my mid-20s but my body no longer pays the cheques. Recovery does take longer. Take it easy, let the younger players go running off and think about where you want to be. I like CQB because I do not have to tab long distances to get to the action which is up close, and less distance to walk back to respawn when hit. You can be stealthy as well, slow and quiet in dark corners, i.e. the basement in The Mall. A site I would recommend for older players. Shooting skills and willingness to get stuck in make up for lack of youth.

couple of options:

1. Try to find out about IPSC in your area. Google might turn up something

2. Buy a 2 tone pistol - preferable Toyko Marui as this should give you the best experience of what an airsoft pistol can offer and do a bit of plinking in your garden/spare room/loft/etc

3. go along to a site for a day and hire some kit and give it a go. Speed is for the younger players unless you are a bit stupid like me :)

To old! I'd hope to be still playing at 47. I regularly play with people in the 60's and a couple in there 70's. Just get on with it. Find a group of younger players who could do with some one with a calm head.

Sorry to double post but defo agree with Jedi , cqb is the way to go. It's often a much more social affair. No need to run at all. Keep moving forward at a steady pace.

If you are into target shooting there is Action Air which is an airsoft version of IPSC.

There is some info here http://www.actionairuk.com

Elite Shooting http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk upgrades and makes some fantastic race pistols based on Tokyo Marui Hi Capas.

If you are into target shooting there is Action Air which is an airsoft version of IPSC.

There is some info here http://www.actionairuk.com

Elite Shooting http://www.eliteshootingcentre.co.uk upgrades and makes some fantastic race pistols based on Tokyo Marui Hi Capas.

Thank you for this, but i have yet to by an airsoft gun, are they all bright orange or bright blue

Thank you for this, but i have yet to by an airsoft gun, are they all bright orange or bright blue

No fella, if you wanted to buy one now, then your only option is a two tone which is 51% brightly coloured. To get a black gun you need a defence and the easiest way to do that is through being UKARA registered which you have to play at least 3 times in no less than 2 months, then the site can send off for your registration. Then you can purchase a rif, my advice would be pop along to your local sight and rent a gun from them until you have your ukara then purchase your own weapon of choice!

Are they not to powerful to use in the garden as i don't fancy putting holes in the fence

No fella, if you wanted to buy one now, then your only option is a two tone which is 51% brightly coloured. To get a black gun you need a defence and the easiest way to do that is through being UKARA registered which you have to play at least 3 times in no less than 2 months, then the site can send off for your registration. Then you can purchase a rif, my advice would be pop along to your local sight and rent a gun from them until you have your ukara then purchase your own weapon of choice!

Not at all, it will bounce off the fence! I have to say that you will need eye protection because depending on the length of your garden they will bounce back at a rate of knots! Plus you should always wear eyepro when using any airsoft weapon (you probable know that having been using real steel) 😁

• Supporters

48 years young - soon 49 - :o

then there is a couple of blokes who shoot in wheelchairs

there was a fundraiser I think a month ago on FB to get him a new electric one that rolls like a mini tank

So with people like that getting stuck in, I suck in my middle aged spread and get stuck in

Mind you I get my ar$e kicked loads by that spotty little 12yr old but so what

he is only 5 years younger than me in my mind

Never grow up - we are just kids really - some a bit/lot older than others

Woman says:

I want a mature responsible man who can be honest and open with his feelings and not afraid to show it....

Yeah good luck finding that guy love - think you may find out he is gay in the end

ps - no offense to anybody regarding gender or sexual preferences blah blah blah, just being immature as per usual :)

I've just turned 40 and act like a 12 year old at best. Never grow up its a trap !!!

There are guys who go to my site who is much older than me by a fair distance, So I wouldn't worry about age, just amble at your own speed, buy a EBR/Sniper rifle and have fun.

I don't like to hear of AIrsoft being called a "Sport" its not really, its more a load of guys acting like big kids with their toys, I don't think I've ever cared which team won or lost on a days gaming.

Welcome to Airsoft its populated by skint young un's & sneaky older guys who are old enough to know better.

I've just turned 40 and act like a 12 year old at best. Never grow up its a trap !!!

There are guys who go to my site who is much older than me by a fair distance, So I wouldn't worry about age, just amble at your own speed, buy a EBR/Sniper rifle and have fun.

I don't like to hear of AIrsoft being called a "Sport" its not really, its more a load of guys acting like big kids with their toys, I don't think I've ever cared which team won or lost on a days gaming.

Welcome to Airsoft its populated by skint young un's & sneaky older guys who are old enough to know better.

Where can i find about all the "jargon" like "hop up" and "EBR".

I have now ordered a cheap rifle a Well MB02, your all going to tell me its "crap" and its bright orange, would have prefered blue but i couldn't find one

in that colour.

I have an old full bore rifle scope to put on it, if the mounts fit 3-9 x 40 Tasco

Actually, this applies to all realistic colours - which is all colours not specified as unrealistic. White is a realistic colour, for example.

• Supporters

I'll be 46 in May and I have no plans on stopping any time soon. My knees have other ideas..

• Head Moderator

Where can i find about all the "jargon" like "hop up" and "EBR".

I have now ordered a cheap rifle a Well MB02, your all going to tell me its "crap" and its bright orange, would have prefered blue but i couldn't find one

in that colour.

I have an old full bore rifle scope to put on it, if the mounts fit 3-9 x 40 Tasco

Have you read any of the sticky posts on the forum yet? Start in the 'New Players and Arrivals' section where there are guides, for example http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

You really must read this one - The Beginners Guide to Airsoft http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

Doing some reasearch and asking questions before buying does help.

Have you read any of the sticky posts on the forum yet? Start in the 'New Players and Arrivals' section where there are guides, for example http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/12854-new-player-guides-info/

You really must read this one - The Beginners Guide to Airsoft http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/index.php/topic/3779-the-beginners-guide-to-airsoft/

Doing some reaseach and asking questions before buying does help.

Thank you

• Moderators

As everyone has said and I'll agree, just do it, like you would have wished you done it years ago

Have a browse in the above topics, one will lead to another but you'll come out the other end better for it ..........and possibly have shopped a bit and less money than yesterday !!

Hiya and welcome

Im 50 and im like Jedi, i like the cqb so i dont have to run to far lol i go with my 2 sons and a group of there friends and have a great time so hope you enjoy it and have a blast

Im 22 and to be honest, i and people my age from what i have seen, are definately the minority. Airsoft is a sport persued by more mature people in general.

Added to that im a bit broken haha i have a manual job, and a bad back and bad knee. But its not a big problem as you can always find a way to work around it while playing. In your position i would rent a few times and give it a real try, as only you know how it will effect you the next day (when i normally pay for it).

• Supporters

Im 22 and to be honest, i and people my age from what i have seen, are definately the minority. Airsoft is a sport persued by more mature people in general.

Added to that im a bit broken haha i have a manual job, and a bad back and bad knee. But its not a big problem as you can always find a way to work around it while playing. In your position i would rent a few times and give it a real try, as only you know how it will effect you the next day (when i normally pay for it).

This is it entirely.

I am 40 this year and my body is absolutely battered but I still run as fast as I did when I was 25 and probably play twice as hard as most people half my age.

Yes I ache a damn site more the next day but life is not for worrying about tomorrow.

You are only as old as you choose to be.

Archived