Will this do the job?

Jay85

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, I'm after a motor that will pull a m170 Spring, I have seen a WE Nuprol high torque motor and a hornbill high torque motor. Will either of these do the job or am I looking at a lot more money?

Thanks in advance

J

Thanks again duck! It's the same gun that we were talking about before! The "tech" fitted a lonex a-5 which is high speed I think, it hasn't got enough guts in it to pull the m170 back!

That's because it's a stupid power spring, you need to fix the problem not compensate for it.

170 will likely shred the pison and crack the box within a day.

And it will most likely be cheaper to fix the parts than buy a beefy motor.

Actually it has a DSG set so the spring isn't being fully compressed, hence the need for a m170! It has a short stroked full steel teeth piston. But thanks for the advice 😊

• Supporters

Have you SS beyond the DSG at all?

I've using a 150 on a full length DSG and getting smack on 328

Too many variables to call on that. What cylinder,how good a seal,what make of spring.

Dsg's can get some wildly different results. I have an m160 in my dsg box and its dead on 320 with one cylinder and 345 with another.

As I always say spring is only a part of it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.