Another G&G But this one is a TR16

Just_Jack 1991

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi i am wanting a bit of advice!

so i have made my TR16 A2 a bit of a project to learn about all the different things you can brea......i mean upgrade in a AEG, im no tech by any means, i just like to open things up and see if i can improve them.

so my G&G started life as a top tech which is a pretty great starting point, when i took it out for my first skirmish with it it was firing alright, the groupings wernt amazing but i could correct for most of it.

and then started the land slide of mods, so its now got a ProWin hop up unit in it as the original hop up would adjust itself (the usual) MadBull hop up bucking and the H nub that comes with them (still havent got around to flat hopping) M110 spring (firing 328-330 fps) a new front hand guard (because who doesnt like bling) and thats about it, i dont like the lack of RIS rails on top, having the solid hand grip is a pain, but i could just buy a new gun.....so im not complaing to loudly.

i have just ordered a promithius 407mm 6.03mm tight bore barrel to increase mine from 363mm 6.05 as stock, should finish it off, havent done any gearbox work appart from having it shimmed (to fiddly, much anger!)

what i am looking for advice towards is how to when i change this barrel make everything happy with each other so i can get the most out of the gun without having to strip it down again to adapt and change things? im looking for the longest range i can squeeze out of it without going all out, i have watched many a video on using dental floss and the likes to seal the barrel into the hop up unit, and i have read up on AoE and the likes, which has (apparently) been set up, its still got the standard piston and piston head on it, and the original air nozzle, i have checked the piston and piston head for compression and i could not for the love of me get any kind of air leak out of it.

so yeah, general advice for finishing off a gun that i would like maximum range and accuracy please? i dont use it for QCB and i have a side arm for really close encounters = ]

• 2 weeks later...

Do you know how it's performing now? No point trying those extra tweaks if the possible benefits are not more than a 20% increase. If you're already at person sized targets at 50m, consistency will be more valuable than increased range or accuracy.

What BB weight are you using when not testing the FPS? If on .20s, get some .25 or .28 and some .30 or .32(33)s and check the gun is performing predictably and consistently (via this chart).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.