Another AFUK Meet - Please vote on the poll if you're interested in coming.

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning Gents,

I've emailed Combat South this morning with the below questions:

Do they do Saturday and Sunday games
Can we allow two tone weapons, as it's our private games and we don't want to segregated younger/new players
Can we advise them on game types we like

Provisionally I think combat south is the winner base don the poles and last weekend of may seems good and should give people enough time. Minimum players at the Urban site for a game is 30.

As soon as they get back to me, I'll let everyone know.

Also....How do I change the thread title?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning Gents,

I've emailed Combat South this morning with the below questions:

Do they do Saturday and Sunday games

Can we allow two tone weapons, as it's our private games and we don't want to segregated younger/new players

Can we advise them on game types we like

Provisionally I think combat south is the winner base don the poles and last weekend of may seems good and should give people enough time. Minimum players at the Urban site for a game is 30.

As soon as they get back to me, I'll let everyone know.

Also....How do I change the thread title?

UCAP are the two-tone problem?

Click use full editor in the the first post.

So I've just had Steve Banks come back to me from Combat South:

"Hi Daniel,

Sadly we can no longer offer our urban site as a private hire. So yeah your best bet is to tap Andy up at UCAP and hire the Bunker.

Our Woodland site can be hired if you'd like something for the summer months, just let mw know.

Regards"

This is something that bothers me with UK companies, it takes 5 minutes to update website to reflect such a change. Grrrrr

So it looks like it would have to be the Tunnels and we'd just had to ask about the two tone and let everyone know in advance we'd be wanting to play semi only etc

• Supporters

Any reason why we can't just book in to a public day?

Because the private game will have less people cheating and none of the bullshit that comes with a normal skirmish day.

The best thing about the 27th was how well everyone played, the 28th open day was a totally different affair.

People are more important than venue.

Because the private game will have less people cheating and none of the bullshit that comes with a normal skirmish day.

The best thing about the 27th was how well everyone played, the 28th open day was a totally different affair.

I'm with you on that. I can go to a half assed skirmish game with cheaters any weekend, but rarely have such good games as that of the 27th :)

• Supporters

I'm with you on that. I can go to a half assed skirmish game with cheaters any weekend, but rarely have such good games as that of the 27th :)

If we cant find a suitable venue again that wants to run the day how we want I can always book the mall again. Its an easy to reach venue with restaurants and hotels and still lots more to explore for most people and most importantly they run it how we want.

If we cant find a suitable venue again that wants to run the day how we want I can always book the mall again. Its an easy to reach venue with restaurants and hotels and still lots more to explore for most people and most importantly they run it how we want.

All my guys are up for The Mall anytime :)

If we do it again a proper weekender though. If more people had come in early and met up for a meal then stayed over for the open day it would have gone from a good time to a great time.

I would certainly stay over.

• Root Admin

Fair enough. My feeling was that perhaps we'd by numerous enough that it wouldn't matter. I suppose it depends how popular Combat South tends to get.

• Root Admin

Savage

Edit

Can I also play devil's avocado* and say I'd prefer we not do The Mall again quite so soon. It was excellent, but it'd be more fun to play around a lot of different places. AFUK on tour and all that (I should do some patches).

• Supporters

Savage

Can I also be the devil's avocado and say I'd prefer we not do The Mall again. It was excellent, but it'd be more fun to play around a lot of different places. AFUK on tour and all that.

Mall is just a back up incase of not being able to find a suitable venue.

I think anyone who hasn't got a patch should get some, I have a basic AFUK one from ages ago.

• Root Admin

Back to the task and hand though :P

Just looking at airbana there's the following around the area between Portsmouth and Reading. If anyone has been to any maybe they can comment and say if one is a particularly bad idea, then we just vote on the ones left?

South Coast CQB
Combat South Woodland
Airborne Airsoft Southampton
Gunman 'The Valley' (Eversley)
EAG Badlands - sound warning for website

Then obviously UCAP Bunker.

There are a few more too: http://www.airsoftmap.net/skirmish/

• Root Admin

A few images for the lazier of us.

South Coast CQB

http://www.southcoast-cqb.co.uk/

cf8e7d_623988c7b7fb463490e30b0a20e6bffd.

cf8e7d_2d6a1de40b8e47ea9c1421abf0b532ce.

cf8e7d_a1ad03691e65492ca9b716cd4b6877e3.

Combat South Woodland

http://www.combatsouth.co.uk/pages/about-woodland

11295223835_da3136fd71_h.jpg

11295285056_c2efa1b55c_h.jpg

Airborne Airsoft Southampton

http://www.airborne-airsoft.co.uk/southampton-hampshire/

south2-1.jpg

south1-1.jpg

south5.jpg

Gunman Eversley

http://www.gunmanairsoft.co.uk/?page_id=131

[impossible for me to find good images for on Google. This is why sites need good websites]

maxresdefault.jpg

eversley-300x200.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

EAG Badlands

http://www.badlandsairsoft.co.uk/

[Again, hard to find pictures of the site without them being closeups of people holding guns]

Click for pic 1 (couldn't post due to it not having a file extension)

maxresdefault.jpg

f99b0b_841e1ff2d8891d54955dc60d9b2f8d20.

UCAP Bunker

http://ucap.co.uk/ucap-airsoft-venues/ucap-bunker-venue/

Bunker1.jpg

DSCF0910.JPG_s.jpg

airsoft_in_action.jpg

Unfortunately trigger I only discovered the forum two ish weeks before the game. Whereas the rest of you had been planning that game for six months.

I was up for the idea of it but couldn't cancel family plans for a game I'd just found out about.

With this one not being for 3 months I can plan around it.

Nope never gonna happen

So negative Trigger!

I'm sure people would part with a few £ for a patch to represent the forum they all use and probably buy/sell on and ask 101 questions lol

I certainly signed up as a supporter for that reason :)

Archived