Another AFUK Meet - Please vote on the poll if you're interested in coming.

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Root Admin

I really quite like the look of South Coast CQB or Combat South Woodland - South Coast CQB seems hemmed in enough that it'd make for some good close up encounters, whilst Combat South Woodland looks like it has some very well constructed fortifications that make the usually slightly dreary open woodland sites a lot more fun.

Anyone here been to either (or any, for that matter)?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Unfortunately trigger I only discovered the forum two ish weeks before the game. Whereas the rest of you had been planning that game for six months.

I was up for the idea of it but couldn't cancel family plans for a game I'd just found out about.

With this one not being for 3 months I can plan around it.

Actually from what I remember you were meant to be paying the deposit when you suddenly remembered you were in Belgium on the 27th. But I will admit it did catch me by surprise that you said you were going to send the deposit but half an hour later recalled you were going abroad for a boat race, its not the sort of thing that most of us would forget.

I really quite like the look of South Coast CQB or Combat South Woodland - South Coast CQB seems hemmed in enough that it'd make for some good close up encounters, whilst Combat South Woodland looks like it has some very well constructed fortifications that make the usually slightly dreary open woodland sites a lot more fun.

Anyone here been to either (or any, for that matter)?

I've been to combat south woodland, wasn't too bad actually

• Supporters

So negative Trigger!

I'm sure people would part with a few £ for a patch to represent the forum they all use and probably buy/sell on and ask 101 questions lol

I certainly signed up as a supporter for that reason :)

You got me wrong I will quite happily chuck a couple of quid to the forum and I keep meaning to sign up but I am never wearing a patch.

Its too much like being a joiner or a 🐑

• Head Moderator

If we do it again a proper weekender though. If more people had come in early and met up for a meal then stayed over for the open day it would have gone from a good time to a great time.

A hearty forum feast before a night of skirmishing would be a good chance to get better aquainted with the players you will later be shooting.

Trigger.

That's because up until that point our boatclub had entered into the Brugge Boat Race but had changed there mind and tried to enter into Reading University Head of the River. (At which point I found out we weren't racing at Brugge anymore and so decided too message and ask for a place)

However, the entries for Reading Uni were full and so they had to fall back on Brugge.

If we had raced at Reading Uni I could've come to the game. However, Brugge is in Belgium and we got back on Saturday night at 11.

I didn't mean to mess you about or anything. I probably should've explained the situation more. But I had every intention to come.

• Head Moderator

Just looking at airbana there's the following around the area between Portsmouth and Reading. If anyone has been to any maybe they can comment and say if one is a particularly bad idea, then we just vote on the ones left?

South Coast CQB

Combat South Woodland

Airborne Airsoft Southampton

Gunman 'The Valley' (Eversley)

EAG Badlands - sound warning for website

Then obviously UCAP Bunker.

There are a few more too: http://www.airsoftmap.net/skirmish/

I am happy to try any of the sites, going somewhere new would be good. I have no preference, and eventually want to try all the above.

I would give CSW a go if you haven't already. I'm slightly bias as one of the buildings in the village is named after me (paxton's palace) and I'm a member of the Wasps.

When I'm back in the UK it's where I usually go and I started going years ago as it had the best rep for any site which turned out to be true.

It has a zero tolerence rule for cheating...no 3 strike rule or anything silly like that. you cheat and you are gone..which makes the players behave themselves. The lunch is still the best for all the sites I've been to over the years. It's 90 acres of woodland with quite a few buildings for some close up action. (ask anyone who has played in the fort how close it can get..especially with a no bang rule)

I should mention there are plenty of experienced marshals all linked by radio to keep things running smoothly and the games can be a 45 minute quicky to a 2 to 3 hour multi objective game. They have all the usual battery charging, stuff for sale (BB's, Pyro, etc) and Ian is on hand to give a bit of AEG love if your primary has decided to play up.

• Head Moderator

I would give CSW a go if you haven't already...

I should mention there are plenty of experienced marshals all linked by radio to keep things running smoothly and the games can be a 45 minute quicky to a 2 to 3 hour multi objective game. They have all the usual battery charging, stuff for sale (BB's, Pyro, etc) and Ian is on hand to give a bit of AEG love if your primary has decided to play up.

That is a good recommendation and supporting reasons for the forum going there.

• Supporters

I didn't mean to mess you about or anything. I probably should've explained the situation more. But I had every intention to come.

You were meant to be paying for a few days and failed, in that period I had to message you to chase you up. Someone messaged and asked for places for a small group at which point a messaged you and you said you definitely wanted the place so I told the group I didn't have places enough. Which I would have had if I had dropped you from the list.

You messed me around at the 11th hour after messing me around for days.

I am generally quite easy going but that sort of thing pisses me off.

Nothing else to say, ever.

Like I said the circumstances were such that I couldn't be certain that I could come and I apologised. If you're gonna stay mad at something that was understandably frustrating for you but not nothing to serious I think that's a shame. Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of anyone so there we go.

• Supporters

Like I said the circumstances were such that I couldn't be certain that I could come and I apologised. If you're gonna stay mad at something that was understandably frustrating for you but not nothing to serious I think that's a shame. Wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of anyone so there we go.

Nothing too serious?

I told 3 people I couldn't fit them in because you said you definitely wanted the place. Those 3 then made other arrangements and missed out.

I have a family a job and a life so my time is valuable. You wasted that time and now you say that its not too serious.

Theres a word I am thinking of, can you guess it.

Am not jumping on one side or the other but one thing I would say is that if I am arraigning an event I have a cut off date. Which I tell everyone up front. If you don't pay by then your place comes up for grabs. Same as if you pay a deposit then on the day the rest should be paid you don't get in contact. Your place goes up for grabs and you lose your deposit. This may sound harsh but if someone else has gone to the effort of organising it the least I can do is pay early.

Am not jumping on one side or the other but one thing I would say is that if I am arraigning an event I have a cut off date. Which I tell everyone up front. If you don't pay by then your place comes up for grabs. Same as if you pay a deposit then on the day the rest should be paid you don't get in contact. Your place goes up for grabs and you lose your deposit. This may sound harsh but if someone else has gone to the effort of organising it the least I can do is pay early.

When people say that, its invariably untrue. :D

I personally go with water under the bridge, which was where this was going a few posts back. Karl, there is nothing for trigger to learn here, despite the way you worded your post. :)

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk?t=60s

Not too serious in comparison to other things that happen in the hobby like scamming and cheating?

As someone you has a job, family and life I'm sure you'll understand that sometimes things that are more important than airsoft change around you which then may interrupt on other things , such as, whether or not you can attend a game.

Anyway, I am grateful to you as it is as you have given me some sound advice to someone who is relatively new to the hobby and I'm sorry for wasting your time. Don't see why we can't forgive and forget now though.

• Supporters

Easy solution

put money where mouth is - your place ain't confirmed until at least half money/deposit paid up front

(non - returnable deposit)

harsh but as we need deffo confirmations to be able to book - we need to know exact numbers and deffo places

stuff falls through - ya lose ya deposit at least, tuff but we can't have it fall through or people dropping out at last minute

and others gotta pick up the tab etc.....

The Mall was a meet up for us, could of easily turned into Trigger and some others with just their m8's

but mainly gave us lot on here a chance to shoot other members first

a bit of a drive/trip - Hef came a longer way than me to get there so kudos to all who turned up - well worth it

(even if car park wasn't cheap - jeez)

Moving onwards....

sort out and gimme a shout - May has 2 long weekends if need be

whatever most people want - indoors is safer weather wise

heck back to Mall - its the people as well as the site that made it a good night

hope the second one lives up to the first one - it was a good one and lot now is expected

though wtf - lets just keep messing about with toy guns that sit on here chatting about peew peew

• Head Moderator

Moving swiftly on...

• Head Moderator
a bit of a drive/trip - Hef came a longer way than me to get there so kudos to all who turned up - well worth it

(even if car park wasn't cheap - jeez)

Car park? Duck, did you not park at The Mall free car park? NCP was a rip off but why pay when free parking available unless you meant at railway station your end.

Can't we all just get along? And shot sh*t out of each other.

That Would look good on my patch

It wasn't signposted at all though, I only found it as I saw a few multicam clad warriors appearing out of the gate laden with pew pew gear. Took a chance and saw jedi's shiney BMW in there so knew it must be the right place!

• Head Moderator

And shot sh*t out of each other.

That Would look good on my patch

Patch reads "shooting sh*t not stirring it" or "sh*t shot happy club" :)

• Head Moderator

It wasn't signposted at all though, I only found it as I saw a few multicam clad warriors appearing out of the gate laden with pew pew gear.

Good point, normally there is a marshal wearing a yellow hi-vis jacket standing by the car park barrier to direct you on normal game days.

I really enjoyed the mall tbh as it had the perfect balance of fast cqb / FUN! A lot of the cqb sites mentioned aren't quite as unique as the mall so might not be quite so fun/fluid on the night.

Of course every1 took their hits as I guessed we all would, and the terminator added a great dynamic to it that iv not experienced before.

I'd be happy to return there for our next outing, and definitely incorporate some form of social before hand.

But if every1 wants to try somewhere else I'm cool with that too.

Will look forward to the next meeting of the league of extraordinary gentlemen & lady ;)

• Supporters

Not too serious in comparison to other things that happen in the hobby like scamming and cheating?

As someone you has a job, family and life I'm sure you'll understand that sometimes things that are more important than airsoft change around you which then may interrupt on other things , such as, whether or not you can attend a game.

Anyway, I am grateful to you as it is as you have given me some sound advice to someone who is relatively new to the hobby and I'm sorry for wasting your time. Don't see why we can't forgive and forget now though.

I had to chase you on numerous occasions but still gave you a chance.

You failed to pay a couple of times but I still gave you the benefit of the doubt.

Did you apologise when you dropped out at the last minute?

No you just bailed with a weak excuse.

I find your whole attitude flippant and thats something I really struggle with.

If a few more had not been decent and did what you did I would of ended up footing the bill. To be fair the couple that dropped late in the day still offered to pay.

Sorry to tell you this but as the saying goes time is precious. If someone was to stand in front of me and say wasting my time was nothing important my response wouldn't be verbal.

As I said I am generally friendly and will do anything for anyone but I have no time for people who mess me around.

Archived