Another AFUK Meet - Please vote on the poll if you're interested in coming.

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had a look at Combat South Urban in Portsmouth. It's a strict 328 limit, which I guess is a pain for most people as nearly all the sites I know/played at are generally 340-360. I'm not sure if they would increase the limit for a private game, but I don;t want to open up all my guns for the sake of 10-20 fps lol

Also we do need to get a vote going on where people want to go and get an idea of numbers etc.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you based atm dragon?

I'm over in the mountains of Co.Kerry, Ireland. A place called Kilgarvan. Originally from Littlehampton W.Sussex.

I'll ask Russ about fps on private games now.

• Supporters

Turns out either place is only 90 minutes from me, so yeah I'd be interested. Much prefer satrudays to sundays since I always have to commute on a sunday night but if I'm not on duty that weekend I'll see what I can do.

I will give that one a miss I am in London for a long weekend at the end of April and pretty busy throughout the rest of the month.

Is May a better month for you?

Combat south is a place i've been wanting to check out. I'd be up for that if i could pinch a lift from someone coming from Worthing area?

Would be able to let you know once we have a definitive date as I would need to book time off work.

• Root Admin

Looks like Combat South won on the poll. Do we want to do a vote for which weekend? I think it'd be savvy to put it back at least two months anyway so people can plan ahead. I feel one of the reasons for the decent turnout for The Mall was that people has plenty of time to get their sh*t in order before coming.

May is god too, should have my pistol by then so i'm more than happy to get a pistol only game going :P

Course if i can ponce a lift from someone i can easily bring along my UMP if i dont have something else by then :)

Looks like Combat South won on the poll. Do we want to do a vote for which weekend? I think it'd be savvy to put it back at least two months anyway so people can plan ahead. I feel one of the reasons for the decent turnout for The Mall was that people has plenty of time to get their sh*t in order before coming.

I would have voted bunker if full auto and no-two-tone were out.

Yeah i say a few months, maybe even wait until the summer. Just gives people the best chance of getting there.

Why hate on full auto? Its not a milsim, so its fun to spam rounds at people every now and then. Plus it opens up other gun types like machine guns and such

Yeah i say a few months, maybe even wait until the summer. Just gives people the best chance of getting there.

Why hate on full auto? Its not a milsim, so its fun to spam rounds at people every now and then. Plus it opens up other gun types like machine guns and such

It's not the full auto I object too, hehe. It's travelling a long way, and then being subjected to full auto. It definitely detracts from CQB play for me.

• Supporters

So no issues with me using a box mag and my dsg gearbox (40rps) then?

I promise to only hold the trigger 2 or 3 seconds.

Seeing as we've decided on Combat South can we change the thread title? Also i'm happy either way semi or full auto. I think we should get a pistol only game going for teh luls

• Root Admin

Just like last time I imagine this will be the 'discuss the time and place' thread before we move on to the actual 'sign up to come' thread. We still need to decide on the time, but I've PM'd Hef about whether we're doing a private game or going to try and book into a public day and what day it'd actually be if private (i.e. a weekday or Saturday/Sunday) before we get a poll up to decide on an actual date.

• Supporters

Seeing as we've decided on Combat South can we change the thread title? Also i'm happy either way semi or full auto. I think we should get a pistol only game going for teh luls

Not everybody playing uses pistols, some people might be renting. Leave everything simple and it can work, try and do things like that and it will fall apart very quickly.

• Supporters

As it would be a full day maybe

we could split it up a bit - morning for a f*ck about with a game or two on auto n stuff

learn the layout a bit and get some strategies & suss out people's strengths and weakness blah blah blah bollox

(don't bother looking for my strengths - I still haven't got a clue chaps)

Then in afternoon if we are all still friends we can go for more serious side of things - semi only & what not

more involved games - but no stupid stuff that takes longer 5 mins to know the objective/mission etc....

f*cking hate that bit with loads of what if scenarios or dumb ass crap of re-gen off m8's shoulder inside buildings

(never get the c*nts out unless your napalm the f*ckers)

soz I'm sure we all know a few games that had the odd flaws or ones that are prone to rows developing n stuff

straight forward stuff clear as glass down to earth peew peew objectives that allows us to get cracking & stuck in

Well that's the kind of fun that I'm up for

Archived