Another AFUK Meet - Please vote on the poll if you're interested in coming.

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Car park? Duck, did you not park at The Mall free car park? NCP was a rip off but why pay when free parking available unless you meant at railway station your end.

I got mugged at NCP - £14 !!!!

Ah bollox - if I wanted it cheap n cheerful I'd go to my local and nearly get stuck in the muddy field

even with a 4x4 I came close to thinking - yup I'm not getting home from here once or twice

wtf - well worth the trip, fuel, mugged, shot to $hit etc....

• Supporters

I really enjoyed the mall tbh as it had the perfect balance of fast cqb / FUN! A lot of the cqb sites mentioned aren't quite as unique as the mall so might not be quite so fun/fluid on the night. Of course every1 took their hits as I guessed we all would, and the terminator added a great dynamic to it that iv not experienced before. I'd be happy to return there for our next outing, and definitely incorporate some form of social before hand. But if every1 wants to try somewhere else I'm cool with that too. Will look forward to the next meeting of the league of extraordinary gentlemen & lady ;)

Terminator was brilliant, bet he loved getting stuck in rather than just marshalling

either some place new or a rematch now the noobs like moi are a bit more prepared/wiser to layout

(bet I still get lost)

• Supporters

Im sure I messaged Duck about the parking and he said he knew where it was.

I knew NCP and at the show you got a discount ticket etc....

live n learn - next time I can buy us all Haribo's then instead of chucking money down NCP drain

(hey I buy loads of crap guns so I'm used to wasting money now n then)

see 1 week on, and you can still have a laugh at my expense - silly ducker I know

• Supporters

Terminator was brilliant, bet he loved getting stuck in rather than just marshalling

either some place new or a rematch now the noobs like moi are a bit more prepared/wiser to layout

(bet I still get lost)

Thats the thing the more you learn the place the better it will be for all of you. Done a lot of small games but every game got better the more people learned the site.

I didn't say your time wasn't important I simply said being unsure whether I could attend isn't as serious as some other things people get mad about in the hobby.

If you want to go to an airsoft game and by accounts of your rowing coach and the rest of your boat you are free on that day then then you say you can go but then if you are told you have to race at another event which clashes with the game you can't turn around and say 'oh I'm going to an airsoft game instead'. At the end of the day it was a choice between letting down 7 of my friends and my coach and leaving them unable to race or letting you down and while it's not an ideal choice clearly I had to make that choice.

It's similar too if you had to choose between an important event with your family that had been recently moved and a game of airsoft.

• Supporters

It wasn't signposted at all though, I only found it as I saw a few multicam clad warriors appearing out of the gate laden with pew pew gear. Took a chance and saw jedi's shiney BMW in there so knew it must be the right place!

This one is definitely my bad. You texted me and I meant to reply but I was busy eating a nice juicy steak in the restaurant.

Blame Jedi he was ruined my concentration telling me war stories in the restaurant.

I particularly liked the room with the light beacons in, (only place I shot trigg) loads of entry points and flanking opportunities. Would def be able to navigate my way round better next time I play there.

Ahhh now it all becomes clear ;)

• Supporters

I didn't say your time wasn't important I simply said being unsure whether I could attend isn't as serious as some other things people get mad about in the hobby.

You wasn't unsure when I messaged you and asked if you still wanted the place you said you were sending across payment that night. As a matter of fact you said you were sorting out your online banking. I then sent you my paypal details to make your life easier and you then messaged me back half hour later to say you couldn't make it because you were going to Belgium , bloody quick change of events.

This crap has taken up to much of my time already. Nothing you say will change my mind so save your breath.

Nothing you say will change my mind so save your breath.

Indeed - KristianTombs let this go, if you want to attend a future event, pay upfront and early, lets not have this discussion continue and go anywhere it cant return from.

• Head Moderator

I particularly liked the room with the light beacons in, (only place I shot trigg) loads of entry points and flanking opportunities. Would def be able to navigate my way round better next time I play there.

Peacocks. A real kill zone. Getting in the right position can be like shooting ducks in a barrel and the wrong one is like being a grouse on the Glorious Twelfth.

Jeeze i think i need to bake a batch of shut the fucupcakes. There is a sight in andover called ironsights. Never played but supposed to be a very good sight. Mix of cqb/urban type stuff. I chat to quite a few of the people on the face book page, could ask about rules for private game?

Site poll

http://strawpoll.me/7001224

Please complete so we can sort out a vote on which date.

Ay look this is some big garish text so that hopefully this post isn't lost

I think we should let this vote run for a week or so, keeping it bumped so everyone gets to see it.

In the mean time......should I brew some fuckoffee? lol

• Head Moderator

Jeeze i think i need to bake a batch of shut the fucupcakes. There is a sight in andover called ironsights. Never played but supposed to be a very good sight. Mix of cqb/urban type stuff. I chat to quite a few of the people on the face book page, could ask about rules for private game?

Good call, may be worth looking at and see if Proffrink can add it to the list of potential sites.

http://www.ironsightairsoft.co.uk/

• Root Admin

Good call, may be worth looking at and see if Proffrink can add it to the list of potential sites.

http://www.ironsightairsoft.co.uk/

Damn, I can't.

I could recreate the poll. Would mean voting again but it's only been up for a couple of hours.

Ill send a message about a private game just to enquire at ironsight

• Supporters

If your baking is as bad as your shooting I would just buy some from Sainsbury.

I spoke to Iron Sight about private games there before. It didn't happen on that occasion but I can do so again if thats where people want to go.

I haven't played there yet but have heard good things so its definitely a good idea.

Indoor and outdoor cqb has got to be better than woodland.

• Supporters

What about this place?

http://www.swaturban.com

Lol

I glanced at the name and totally mis-read it at first thinking it was an ISIS / Taliban airsoft trainging venue in Bradford

oops soz - no offense meant to any nationality - I need new glasses from SpecSavers me thinks

SWAT Urban - got it now

not swat turban as I stupidly thought at first - oops

(no not sweaty turban my eyesight isn't that bad - yet)

• Head Moderator

Have we thought of dates yet? 28-29 May is a bank holiday weekend so could be a good one.

Archived