Custom paint work

GearTech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 3 weeks later...

For those that might not have seen any of the work I've done below are a few of the commissions completed so far. For more you can ask to join my FB page:GearTechCustomPaint and check out the paint commission section on my web site(in its very early stages so forgive the layout www.geartechcustompaint. We will also have pics of our first hydro dipped items in the next couple of weeks,

attachicon.gifF2000 (2).JPGattachicon.gifHalo (3).JPGattachicon.gifIMG_9983.JPGattachicon.gifMassEffectSl8 (2).JPGattachicon.gifMP9 TITANFALL.jpgattachicon.gifMp9 Worn Tan (4).JPGattachicon.gifSpecna Boba fett (1).JPGattachicon.gifStery Aug (25).JPGattachicon.gifwasp2.jpgattachicon.gifZombie P90 (2).JPG

Hi,

I'm going to get a spray gun kit, please can you let me know what paints you use i've looked around and they all sen to be small pots. Does using an air brush use lees paint than out of a can?. Thanks for any advice this is for personal use .

Hi,

I'm going to get a spray gun kit, please can you let me know what paints you use i've looked around and they all sen to be small pots. Does using an air brush use lees paint than out of a can?. Thanks for any advice this is for personal use .

Small pots of enamels give you a better range of colours and are cheaper but they do take more time through an airbrush than a rattle can. You could visit your local body spray suppliers and ask if they can make up a litre of colour if its one you are going to use a lot of.

Small pots of enamels give you a better range of colours and are cheaper but they do take more time through an airbrush than a rattle can. You could visit your local body spray suppliers and ask if they can make up a litre of colour if its one you are going to use a lot of.

Thanks for the advice.

Holy hell you do an amazing job.

Do you have any examples of a multicam black design or a design that would suit a multicam black loadout?

I am dying to get my new Daytona'd M4 done and my TM AA12 not sure what colour to have the AA though.

Holy hell you do an amazing job.

Do you have any examples of a multicam black design or a design that would suit a multicam black loadout?

I am dying to get my new Daytona'd M4 done and my TM AA12 not sure what colour to have the AA though.

Cheers. I need to see if there is a Black Multicam Hydro dip film which would make life easier. Painting it on is so-so. The AA12 are awesome pieces to work on as the strip right down and are lovely big slabs of flat plastic.

Cheers. I need to see if there is a Black Multicam Hydro dip film which would make life easier. Painting it on is so-so. The AA12 are awesome pieces to work on as the strip right down and are lovely big slabs of flat plastic.

Hi Again,

I've looked at hydro dipping as well, but was worried about the paint work scratching. Is the hydro dipping hard wearing?

Hi Again,

I've looked at hydro dipping as well, but was worried about the paint work scratching. Is the hydro dipping hard wearing?

If you use enough coats of clear laqure it should. Ideally it needs finishing in 2k laqure to give it a really tough finish.

Thanks dude.

To be honest just have the colours match, a tiger stripe pattern would be good.

Tiger stripe in blacks and greys would look pretty cool.

Tiger stripe in blacks and greys would look pretty cool.

Sold, how much would you think for an M4 with 6 mags a scope and an M320 launcher?

• 1 month later...

I got them today Lewis. The quality is next level and the detail......well I'm running out of words as I keep seeing something new or notice the shading on the smallest of parts. There is shading and distress on the allen bolts!!

If you are thinking of getting some of your kit done then do it, do it now!!

• Mostly Retired Moderators
13 hours ago, Hypermonkey said:

I got them today Lewis. The quality is next level and the detail......well I'm running out of words as I keep seeing something new or notice the shading on the smallest of parts. There is shading and distress on the allen bolts!!

If you are thinking of getting some of your kit done then do it, do it now!!

Yeah, I want to... it's just what to pick! :)

As I said to you the other week outside The Mall, it's all such impressive work, that I want to buy new guns just to have them painted by Chris! :)

The next time I'm at The Mall is the 27th April (Thursday night) and the 29th (Forum Mall game).

If I see you there I'm making a beeline for your guns! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.