Custom paint work

GearTech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Head Moderator

I prefer the look of the WST helmet.  Now if they only did a Storm Trooper helmet I would be interested.

2 hours ago, Sacarathe said:

Wow three years in development yet they couldn't get any formal safety ratings, pathetic.

There is no such thing as safety ratings in China :rolleyes:

On 31 May 2017 at 2:08 PM, skillfulmmd said:

Nice job on that Armour like that AK stock is that a rail piece on the side if so whats that used for?

It looks like a CAA m4 stock, it is for mounting an adjustable cheek riser. Has a compartment lid the other side for storing cr123 batteries that can be swapped so you can mount the riser either side.

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2017 at 1:15 PM, GearTech said:

No. All our paint jobs are used by people on game day. Don't know of any that have only been done for display. This is the first time I've heard of someone having a problem in three years of doing this and rather a few paint jobs leaving the bench. 

My point was its good that people let me know as it's something I can look into and see if it could have been prevented in anyway. Like I say we've never had a problem before.

I think it's worth pointing out that the paint job on that rifle has probably seen 15 game days since I got it and not a single problem - as i said, this was a VERY WET day, and the paint has worn away only where my also INCREDIBLY WET glove was rubbing against the keymod rail.

Taking nothing away from the quality of Chris' work, I can't imagine anyone else could have done a better job.

On 5/31/2017 at 10:24 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I prefer the look of the WST helmet.  Now if they only did a Storm Trooper helmet I would be interested.

You would never hit anything wearing one of those...

On 5/31/2017 at 5:36 PM, GearTech said:

No idea. It's a customers. Not sure what you would attach to a stock

I can beat that  - I got a real steel XDM compact holster which has a weaver rail on it!

Who the hell needs a weaver rail on a holster!?

13 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

I can beat that  - I got a real steel XDM compact holster which has a weaver rail on it!

Who the hell needs a weaver rail on a holster!?

Maybe so you can mount a light as a backup?!

1 hour ago, skillfulmmd said:

Maybe so you can mount a light as a backup?!

A light facing down your trouser leg!? 

I suppose it's alright if you need a place to store a light or an optic etc. but still it's bloody weird! 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, L3wisD said:

Brilliant as always Chris!

I wonder what kind of Ghostbusters theme we could knock up for an M4...

covered in ectoplasm!!

• 3 weeks later...

GearTech

Oh my word you do some awesome work, very impressive and stunning work..

i dont have facebook, do you have instagram or anything? ill give you some shout outs etc if you do..

ATB, Marc..

I think I have an instagram account....just can't remember it

1 minute ago, GearTech said:

I think I have an instagram account....just can't remember it

lol let me have a quick look now ill see if i can find you, if you cant access your old one you should make another one mate, your works amazing, people will love to see it plus im sure your get work your way for doing it too..

found you and started following, im clustermarc.. :)

im sure your get the hang of it mate, its pretty easy, soon as you get some pictures up, ill start sharing your images and give you shout outs, ill always ask your permission though,

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.