Custom paint work

GearTech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2017 at 4:16 PM, GearTech said:

Tiger M4 1 copy.jpg

Well well well thats a good looking gun.... Oh wait that's my good lookin' gun.

Thanks again Chris, I know she was a pain. But now you know if anyone ask have you done a Daytona gun before tell them to &#*@ off.

I used to do all of mine in a different style, but now i've consolidated down the collection, these are all i have left and they're pretty worn in now.

I feel inspired to try something fun soon. Any suggestions?

M14.JPG

mp5.JPG

mp52.JPG

svd.JPG

I've posted this in another thread but might as well post it here. This is my Krytac SDP painted by Ben Franklin, owner of Invasion Armouries (Formerly Trojan Armouries).

Following how much I loved the paint job, and the timing in that I was interested in buying a HFC MK23, I got said MK23 in a matching paint scheme.

On 5/22/2017 at 9:42 AM, skillfulmmd said:

What's your turn around time on these jobs once the gun reaches you?

I would like to say 10-14 days but sometimes life gets in the way. depends when its sent with regards to my shift pattern and what sort of finish is required.

Hi Chris,

Just letting you know:

You did a custom job on a Krytac CRB for me a few months ago and it's great - I played a VERY WET game in the rain last week though and some of the paint job flaked away where my glove was holding the RIS.

This isn't a complaint as such because it makes it look good IMO being a bit worn - however, I've sprayed a layer of clear lacquer over the remaining paint  and it seems to have sealed it in much better, so if anyone else experiences the same problem, just do that. 

Thanks for the heads up. Always good to get feedback from people who use these items on game day.

No. All our paint jobs are used by people on game day. Don't know of any that have only been done for display. This is the first time I've heard of someone having a problem in three years of doing this and rather a few paint jobs leaving the bench. 

My point was its good that people let me know as it's something I can look into and see if it could have been prevented in anyway. Like I say we've never had a problem before.

Guest PT247

soz, was just how you worded your earlier post and how I interpreted it. I didn't think your work was in any way unsuitable for skirmishing, Ta for clarifying! :-)

3 hours ago, skillfulmmd said:

Nice job on that Armour like that AK stock is that a rail piece on the side if so whats that used for?

No idea. It's a customers. Not sure what you would attach to a stock

3 hours ago, skillfulmmd said:

4 hours ago, skillfulmmd said:

Nice job on that Armour like that AK stock is that a rail piece on the side if so whats that used for?

Not seen on an AK but seen a hand grip attached to the stock for an alternative stabilising hold on a tripod sniper setup.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.