G&G CM16 Raider upgrades

James-Teddy-Bodenham

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i noticed that everyone that has my gun at the event i went to had upgraded the internals i am looking at getting more distance and accuracy so that i can have better consistency i have to keep the gun under 350 for the site i play at i am currently running 317 i have the odd couple of rounds that go of track and that not a dirty barrel as i have cleaned it hop up has had 6000 bbs properly more so that shouldn't be a problem looking at doing spring hopup and barrel.

could get a higher quality inner barrel, a Prometheus 6.03mm TBB should give you better accuracy, a replacement hop bucking and nub will give you a better backspin so will help add range. You could replace the hop unit too. If really needing to erk out the max then once the above has been done you could change the spring to get you closer to 350fps. Wouldn't bother changing the spring until then though.

• Supporters

101% agree with hop/bucking

see how that goes first

barrel - hmmm perhaps but most stuff is down to bucking/nub really

317 is nothing to worry about - TM's are often 300 so worry when you dip below that - you are fine atm

Maybe in 6 months or so then she might have dropped and by then you can decide your next internal options/service

Bronzey bushings may be wearing a bit by then AoE new spring nozzle and maybe piston head etc.....

but still this is 6 months off and even 349.9999fps won't matter a toss really if shooting a bit iffy

try also different bb's - makes and weight up to .25 if shooting further range targets

cqb - 0.20's will be fine unless something is really out of whack

(yes you can use .25's in cqb of course - the weight is optional but decent bb's over $hit/so-so bb's any day)

For what it is worth - think 9 out of 10 owners are always thinking their guns could be a bit better

(in my case, me personally could be shooting a lot better too)

My Cm16 had OK but far from perfect airseal. In addition I found the hop was OK but again not fantastic, it held the settings but shot to shot was not fantastic. The barrel was pretty bad.

Inside the gearbox

- new spring to achieve closer to 350 fps (110m/s)

- a new piston + head

- New nozzle with an O ring

Outside the gearbox

- Prometheus Purple bucking and use it to flat hop

- Prometheus inner barrel

Should all get you a pretty decent end result for not a lot of outlay.

My Cm16 had OK but far from perfect airseal. In addition I found the hop was OK but again not fantastic, it held the settings but shot to shot was not fantastic. The barrel was pretty bad.

Inside the gearbox

- new spring to achieve closer to 350 fps (110m/s)

- a new piston + head

- New nozzle with an O ring

Outside the gearbox

- Prometheus Purple bucking and use it to flat hop

- Prometheus inner barrel

Should all get you a pretty decent end result for not a lot of outlay.

is there any way you could tell me best way to do the upgrades as never done this only worked on my real guns and what brand spring gearbox piston head and nozel should i get as not to sure the diffrence

• Supporters

what model cm16 ???

Long 357 or short 230 barrel

barrel lengths and the cm16 range varies greatly so for anybody to even "guess" the spring will be a bit stab in the dark tbh

normally Element m105 to shs m110 on shorter barrels

AoE drops fps by about 10-15fps

but bearing spring guide pulls you back by adding 15fps aprox

piston head is $hit seal - never got a great seal with stock G&G piston head myself

nozzle shs red m4 but might be a whisker too long for some guns/boxes

(it is not as easy as it looks at first - there's loads of stuff to check when upgrading/servicing the box)

Long barrel m105

short barrel m110

that is my guess but depending on gun it will only be a rough guess until chrono and depends greatly on seals everywhere

If it is still down you can add a bearing spring guide as I said

heck if you wanted just pop in a bearing spring guide as is to boost 15fps

but without more work AoE etc... I wouldn't go mental on the juice or change motor

it really is a question how far you wish to go

and fps means little if shooting a bit crap - no spring will change that - it is hop/bucking/barrel as said before

tbb may up your fps by 10 or so anyway

what model cm16 ???

Long 357 or short 230 barrel

barrel lengths and the cm16 range varies greatly so for anybody to even "guess" the spring will be a bit stab in the dark tbh

normally Element m105 to shs m110 on shorter barrels

AoE drops fps by about 10-15fps

but bearing spring guide pulls you back by adding 15fps aprox

piston head is $hit seal - never got a great seal with stock G&G piston head myself

nozzle shs red m4 but might be a whisker too long for some guns/boxes

(it is not as easy as it looks at first - there's loads of stuff to check when upgrading/servicing the box)

Long barrel m105

short barrel m110

that is my guess but depending on gun it will only be a rough guess until chrono and depends greatly on seals everywhere

If it is still down you can add a bearing spring guide as I said

heck if you wanted just pop in a bearing spring guide as is to boost 15fps

but without more work AoE etc... I wouldn't go mental on the juice or change motor

it really is a question how far you wish to go

and fps means little if shooting a bit crap - no spring will change that - it is hop/bucking/barrel as said before

tbb may up your fps by 10 or so anyway

i want to make it shoot good its the short barrel cm16 atm it just shoots left and right now and then and its not wind as have shot inside at range i cant go over 350 fps

• Supporters

Think the short Raider is "maybe" a tad too short

and tbh I'm not a great fan of longer M4's at 350mm or over barrels

275-300mm is what I think a good nice size all rounder but this is more looks and personal preference I guess

Though some say around 230-270 bb's start to stabilise and all that in barrel - but wtf I'm going by my choice of looks

Now if you decide to change out barrel hop etc.. and have a small suppresor on there you could select a 250-275mm tbb

that shouldn't be affected by volume of cylinder too much and should help improve upon things though you should get a better hop I feel

otherwise you may be fitting new wiper blades on a cracked windscreen maybe

I would go down the hop & maybe barrel bit first - you fps should creep up a little as well as improved bb flight

Like I said I have had a SRC shooting 355fps but no way would it outrange a 300fps TM gun

a little bit fps really means f*ck all accuracy wise

just as high rof means f*ck all if you are that $hit at playing like me

yes G&G green buckings are pretty good but could be a bit out of whack/bad fitting/moved a bit

remove hop/barrel - look to see when you wind on hop the nub/ridge is quite centered

quite common the ridge is lopped sided = shooting left/right

(try gently twisting barrel a smidge - a real slight smidge to get the ridge centered)

a H nub you could try or some buckings like shs have a groove to help bb sit more center in barrel

a couple of buckings at least should be tried coz ya old bucking could be worn/shot/torn

That is where you should spend a bit of time - honest

stop thinking about shopping for bits that may not do much if your hop/bucking/barrel is still $hit

• 4 years later...

Hi, I have been playing for a while with the same gun (cm16 raider) and want to upgrade it so it has better trigger response, accuracy ect and also look Cool does anyone know anything I could do to it to just make it a lot better

Edited by Caelan

On 27/04/2020 at 13:15, Caelan said:

Hi, I have been playing for a while with the same gun (cm16 raider) and want to upgrade it so it has better trigger response, accuracy ect and also look Cool does anyone know anything I could do to it to just make it a lot better

Replace it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.