Monkey Balls and Proball heavy BB test

Samurai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
I ordered samples of Monkey Balls 0.40, 0.43, 0.45. I also ordered Proball 0.43. I used Rockets Platinum 0.45 until they got swollen and I had to throw them away.
So here are the results.
post-9022-0-55517000-1456423583_thumb.jpg
Monkey Balls 0.40: Looks horrible. Multiple craters on each of them. There is some dirt on about 1 in 50. They shoot okay but when the dent is at the hopup then it's a flyer. With so many dents, there are quite a few flyers.
post-9022-0-57501900-1456423585_thumb.jpg
Monkey Balls 0.43: A bit less horrible. The craters are there but they are smaller. However the surface is uneven. There is some dirt on about 1 in 50.They shoot better, but again, there are flyers.
post-9022-0-76468800-1456423587_thumb.jpg
Monkey Balls 0.45: Almost good. The craters are very small and the surface is okay. About 1 in 50 has a huge irregular crater on it, and even after washing 1 in 20 has a dark mark like a pencil mark on it. This can be rubbed away.
post-9022-0-24406900-1456423590_thumb.jpg
Proball 0.43: Nice surface. These shoot good. These would be great, except that they don't feed in my 51rd mags. They feed in the 30rd one, but they always jam the G&P and the Cyma 51 round mags.
The Monkey balls 0.45 is usable and if they feed the Proball 0.43 too, but the others are not recommended by me.

• Supporters

Are you using VSR magazines? I'm worried about mine not feeding too - any idea why that may have been?

Yes, VSR mags.

It must have something to do with the surface because I measured them with callipers and they are not smaller than the Monkey balls.

• Supporters

FYI there both made in the same factory to the same standards

And I am currently using proball 0.43's though I do have monkey ball 0.45's that I have not yet opened

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

I ordered some Geoffs 0.40 from Outdoor and Tactical and I gave it a quick test.

They are polished, without any deformities. There is a very little piece dirt on some, that comes of easily. I filled my 51 round mag with them and tested it on 40m and 45m. I don't have longer range to test on.

They fly nice and straight, really no problems there. They also fed perfectly good from this mag too (the Proball didn't want to feed from this mag at all.)

I definitely recommend this BB.

And one other thing about Outdoor and Tactical: I received a paypal refund from them without asking or even knowing about it beforehand. In the refund's description they said: to match other retailers' price. I think this is impressive.

• Root Admin

I ordered some Geoffs 0.40 from Outdoor and Tactical and I gave it a quick test.

They are polished, without any deformities. There is a very little piece dirt on some, that comes of easily. I filled my 51 round mag with them and tested it on 40m and 45m. I don't have longer range to test on.

They fly nice and straight, really no problems there. They also fed perfectly good from this mag too (the Proball didn't want to feed from this mag at all.)

I definitely recommend this BB.

And one other thing about Outdoor and Tactical: I received a paypal refund from them without asking or even knowing about it beforehand. In the refund's description they said: to match other retailers' price. I think this is impressive.

Hah, I was ordering from them today too and sent them the eBay link to a seller who has them at £14 delivered. Nice to know they're retroactively price-matching. That's amazing.

Thank you, helped me decide what BBs to purchase for my VSR

Archived