Best gun ~£350

KiwiBanany

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, wasnt sure where about to put this, so please say if its in the wrong place :)

Im thinking about getting a new rifle, due to having multiple feeding and range problems with my current G&G SR-L. I will have around £350 to spend on the base rifle, and a little more for battery/extras, bringing the total to almost £400. I want something with decent range, but am not too fused about ROF or looks. Do you guys have any recomendations? I know that i dont really want a DMR, GBBR or Sniper, so really just an AEG. I cannot order from any places such as taiwangun as i am only 17 and do not have a ukara.

I was looking at the TM high cycle but the stock to me looks really ugly, so another stock would have to be a factor. Advice on stocks that would look good on that rifle would also be great :)

Cheers

• Supporters

KRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTAC

KRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTAC

KRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTAC

KRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTAC

OR an ASG Scorpion Evo, but the krytac is better.

KRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTACKRYTAC

And which krytac would you recommend? bearing in mind it will have to be two tone, so has to be something that wont look that aweful

The SPR looks good, is it any? Range is my main priority, rather than other features.

• Supporters

SPR is great, my preference would be to buy a CRB, but only as I already own a few full length AR's. Performance across the longer range is similar tbh.

Two toning, I work for Patrol Base and do about 95% of the paint jobs we do, so I do have opinions on it. Choose a blue two tone service (if you buy from us) as the paint is MUCH more pleasant to use, gives a flatter finish and just looks better. We would paint the stock and handguard (all removed from rifle, not masked) so it doesn't actually look awful.

SPR is great, my preference would be to buy a CRB, but only as I already own a few full length AR's. Performance across the longer range is similar tbh.

Two toning, I work for Patrol Base and do about 95% of the paint jobs we do, so I do have opinions on it. Choose a blue two tone service (if you buy from us) as the paint is MUCH more pleasant to use, gives a flatter finish and just looks better. We would paint the stock and handguard (all removed from rifle, not masked) so it doesn't actually look awful.

Thanks, i literally just send patrol base an email asking which parts they would paint ahhaha. Ill have a think Dave, but its been nice hearing peoples opinions.

As a krytac user i agree.

He's got a point actually. Although the TMs are reliable, they're pretty old and normally need upgrading out of the box as High Cycles are about 250fps. Krytac is probably the better option.

PatrolBase emailed me and said the rail,. stock and upper receiver would all be two toned, not just the rail and stock. Isn't that way over 51%?

Do the UK Krytac's come with the decent motor? I've heard the EU models don't come with the same motor as the import ones.

the motor is decent, just not the same spec as the US version. I have upgraded to that motor in my DMR but it really isn't needed unless upping the FPS

• Head Moderator

Do the UK Krytac's come with the decent motor? I've heard the EU models don't come with the same motor as the import ones.

Had the same conversation today about the motors, apparently the US ones area better spec than UK one so may want changing. Had my first look at a Krytac Trident PDW today; it now on my list of potential next gun.

I'm tempted to pick a couple up.

Apparently LWA stock ones with the 30k motor,

Looking at the videos online, they look pretty good and trigger response seems crisp.

• Supporters

I'm tempted to pick a couple up.

Apparently LWA stock ones with the 30k motor,

Looking at the videos online, they look pretty good and trigger response seems crisp.

As far as I know all the ones coming into the uk are the 20k motor.

If you want one with a 30k motor use a remailer to get it shipped from the US.

It is worth it the 30k is so much snappier than the 20k.

As far as I know all the ones coming into the uk are the 20k motor.

If you want one with a 30k motor use a remailer to get it shipped from the US.

It is worth it the 30k is so much snappier than the 20k.

Remailer?

• Supporters

Remailer?

Like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&ei=EmbTVtO-Iay26ASAxL_4Cg&q=us+remailing+service&oq=US+rema&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.3.0l5.3313.7753.0.11400.8.8.0.0.0.0.269.1836.0j1j7.8.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.8.1835.3.u0N6ukNMAq4

Cant remember which one I used, will ask the wife in the morning if she still has the receipt and PM it to you.

I used the Krytac store and they wont ship outside US.

Like this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?site=&source=hp&ei=EmbTVtO-Iay26ASAxL_4Cg&q=us+remailing+service&oq=US+rema&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.3.0l5.3313.7753.0.11400.8.8.0.0.0.0.269.1836.0j1j7.8.0....0...1c.1.64.mobile-gws-hp..0.8.1835.3.u0N6ukNMAq4

Cant remember which one I used, will ask the wife in the morning if she still has the receipt and PM it to you.

I used the Krytac store and they wont ship outside US.

Sweet, did it work out cheaper than UK? also do these come with mini Tamiya or Deans?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.